Valet Parking

kimmy8796

Earning My Ears
Hello. My family and I will be at The World Aug 8-16!!:banana: So excited. Just have a quick question about valet parking at the deluxe resorts. We are renting a car and staying at Bonnet Creek. If we wanted to valet our car at a particular deluxe for a day and utilize the bus or monorail from that resort is there a problem with that?:confused3 Obviously we must pay to valet, so I guess my concern is whether or not there is a time limit when it comes to valet parking? Any comments are appreciated. :thanks::mickeyjum::MinnieMo:mickeybar
Thanks in advance,
Kim

ME :teacher: DH :happytv: DS (6) pirate: DD (3) princess:

Hello. My family and I will be at The World Aug 8-16!!:banana: So excited. Just have a quick question about valet parking at the deluxe resorts. We are renting a car and staying at Bonnet Creek. If we wanted to valet our car at a particular deluxe for a day and utilize the bus or monorail from that resort is there a problem with that?

There is a method that will allow guests to find out if
the valet parking and leaving the resort for a park will be OK
on the day it is attempted-

When you arrive at the parking gate, tell the guard there
what you are doing,
where you are going and
when you will return for the car.

If the guard says, "OK" then move on to the valet.

When you pull up, tell the valet
what you are doing,
where you are going and
when you will return for the car.

If the valet says its OK, then its OK.

If the guard or the valet says there is only limited time parking available, that will be your answer.

Also, understand that Disney raised the price of valet parking. It now costs a bit more than parking at a theme park and taking the transportation from there. And of course there is also the tip cost on top of the valet cost.

I wouldn't valet park instead of going to the main park lot, it really doesn't save you anything. The only time I would do it is if you have an ADR at the resort and plan to visit the park for a few hours immediately after.

I appreciate your honest answers. I was not asking about valet for the purpose of saving money. I am very aware that valet has a set price as well as the expectation to tip. I was actually thinking more of the convenience factor. Also, we are having meals at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, and Ohana. All of which are on the monorail. I guess we will inquire at the resort that day:thumbsup2

I appreciate your honest answers. I was not asking about valet for the purpose of saving money. I am very aware that valet has a set price as well as the expectation to tip. I was actually thinking more of the convenience factor. Also, we are having meals at Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare, and Ohana. All of which are on the monorail. I guess we will inquire at the resort that day:thumbsup2

We did this on our Oct trip. I had asked the same question and was told that we could valet no problem.
We valet parked at Ohana where we were having breakfast one morning and left the car there for the day (didnt specifically tell the valet a time...or ask if we could leave it there after breakfast) and the night of the MNSSHP (we ate at the CR and monorailed over to the party). I think you should be fine. I was also told that you could get your car and come back later if you kept your valet ticket. Just tip them again when you pick up your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter