Vacation Village at Parkway

Goofygirl17

DIS Veteran
We've stayed here several times over the years including 2 weeks last summer. It's a nice resort very close to Disney. If you get the A side you have plenty of room and a nice kitchen.

We stayed here Christmas week and I was very disappointed. We traded through RCI. The information on RCI's website says that animals are not allowed.

When I first went into the bedroom I heard a noise and was afraid there was squirrels or something in the ceiling. Turns out it was a dog in the unit above us. I figured they snuck their dog in and since it wasn't bothering me I didn't say anything. The second day our younger DD had a bad dream and came into our bed so I went out on the pull-out couch with our other DD. We were woken very early by 2 dogs barking and whining in the unit next door- the B side unit. They were very loud. I called the desk and asked if animals were allowed. I was put on hold a couple times and then told that dogs are allowed in some buildings and that people pay extra for that. i asked if they were allowed in our building and was told that our building was one of the 2 that allows dogs although when they are booked up they might allow them in other buildings. I told them about the noise and was told that the people paid for the dogs to be there.

I told them we should have been informed about the new policy when we made the reservation and that we should have been informed at check-in that we were in a dog friendly building. The woman on the phone was rude and just didn't care.

I don't think that we will stay here again. The dogs were there for our entire trip. We have a dog but I don't bring her on vacation. I expect to be able to sleep without listening to barking and whining when I'm at a resort.

Sorry to hear about your stay. We just came back Saturday from Vacation Village at Parkway and stayed in Building 17 and it was really nice.

I wondered about the buildings that take animals about noise - that's a bummer. What building numbers normally accept dogs (if you know)?

I noticed the pools were shaded and it was hard to find a spot with sun.

Which buildings have you stayed in and which ones were the nicest in your opinion?

I don't remember the building numbers but I think the first two times we were there it was 6 and 8? Last summer we stayed in one of the newer buildings towards the back of the property. It was very nice. I believe that dogs are allowed in the older buildings.

We are actually going again for 2 weeks this summer. RCI had a sale $225 a week so I figured it was worth trying again. I'm going to call and request a newer building w a pool and no dogs. Hopefully that works.

RCI's website still states that animals are not allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter