VA online check in a Joke!

chuds

Earning My Ears
:eek: So annoyed

Flying out tommorrow am from Manchester and so far it semms that VA are trying to get us off on a bad start.
Just spent the last hour trying to use the online check in :scared1:Had to call the centre x 3 as 'Glitches' in system according to service center. Not able to fully check in could only provide API, call handler stated all seats had gone that was why could not check in online. Cant even send them a email as address on web site invalid
Anyone know a telephone number for a UK based call handler
Well done VA :confused3

go through to the sales number, they are mostly in the uk based in crawley

Having flow to various places with Virgin over the past 4 years from St Lucia to Orlando, I have never been able to check in on line, ever.:confused:

I have been told all the excuses possible from, you cant check in on line if you have an infant to there are no seats available to, to your an upgraded passenger so you dont need to bother so thats why you cant:confused3

Now I'm not getting into the whole Indian call centre debate but the most infuriating thing of all when needing to sort something out with Virgin is the serious lack of communication when calling these alledged "customer services".

I have just recently had to advise Virgin of my sons Peanut Allergy only to be told once I had explained the whole situation "dont worry you have a meal for him booked". I never even asked about him having a meal I was making sure they were aware of his allergy. This guy seriously did not understand a word of what I was talking about.

Good Luck:thumbsup2

fairytale dont call main call centre to tel them summat like that call va special assistance they are uk based and are very very helpful call them on 0844 412 4455 only open office hours i think

Chuds,
The economy cabin is totally full, not a spare seat showing
Only empty seats are in PE and UC, so they are correct, its a situation where they will have to move people arround to satisfy families sitting together.

fairytail,
of course you can't checkin online with an infant that has no seat, computer cannot allocate a person to a non seat, this has to be entered manually. If you are being upgraded, again, your seat allowed by the computer is in Economy and has to manually be moved to PE.
Because of the peanut allergy, the ability of other people to have peanuts has now been removed so we all cannot have peanuts, whether in the food or the nice snack packs that used to be available.

Seems to be a lot of glitches with VA check in rececntly. We couldn;t check in online either direction on our last trip (and it will be the last trip with Virgin for a long time :sad2:)

Outbound we were ony given the option to check some our party in & had - "please check in at the airport" for the others (we were not upgraded, all the seats were not full & we weren't travelling with an infant), inbound we were told that DD's date of birth was incorrect (it wasn't)

.. and as for "they will have to move people arround to satisfy families sitting together" - don't make me laugh :rolleyes: VA could not give a damn!

Almost every BA flight I have taken to the US or the Caribbean has been full in Economy, yet I have always been able to check in online when it opens. Is it not the same situation with VA?

Now if you try to check in much later on, it might be possible that there are no seats left.

My parents are struggling to check in for VS075 tomorrow, just goes to a 'we are unable to process your blah blah blah' page - whilst I appreciate there are logistical issues to consider, this is an all too frequent occurance, and perhaps they should question the usefulness, and therefore the need, for the system.

Meanwhile, other airlines work like a dream and their customer service is far superior, not to mention the cabin interior. And to think I used to choose them above any other airline. I was shocked this year at just how far the standards have slipped since I last flew with them in 2005, both times on the inferior Manchester planes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter