Using Touring Plans to fax room requests - Anyone have success yet?

That is so wonderful! So all I have to do is join the membership and pay $12.50 and then I can utilize the service? I was wondering if faxing it myself would be as beneficial. I just may do it!
TouringPlans also has a free membership, as well as the paid one. Though I can't be certain if the faxing service comes with the free membership or not. (I suspect someone here can answer that one.)

I sent my own fax in 5 days prior and although we did not get the exact room number we got a king sized room over looking fireworks! The room assigners also called me to upgrade to club level if I wanted too but it was over $1,000 more.

I am so happy I saw this thread! I just filled out the fax request on Touring plans. It is the same as the request I gave over the phone when I was giving my DME information, for a Gazebo view at a YC. Hopefully we get it!

One suggestion Len makes very strongly is if sending in a fax, *don't* select any preferences if you do online check-in. Since they won't be identical to your faxed request, given the limited choices in the check-in menu, this may result in all of them being ignored.

One suggestion Len makes very strongly is if sending in a fax, *don't* select any preferences if you do online check-in. Since they won't be identical to your faxed request, given the limited choices in the check-in menu, this may result in all of them being ignored.
What if your online checkin requests are identical to your touring plans request? For example, I'm staying at Pop, and I just want to request ground floor and the decade. Could I just request that with touring plans? Or do you need to request a specific room?

What if your online checkin requests are identical to your touring plans request? For example, I'm staying at Pop, and I just want to request ground floor and the decade. Could I just request that with touring plans? Or do you need to request a specific room?

If what you want to request is an option during online check in, then I would just do that. No need to send a fax. A fax or phone call are recommended if your requests are not an option during online check in, which is the case with us every time.

If what you want to request is an option during online check in, then I would just do that. No need to send a fax. A fax or phone call are recommended if your requests are not an option during online check in, which is the case with us every time.
I just wonder if one or the other holds more weight. I've only had requests met one out of seven times with online checkin or having a request phoned in.

I just wonder if one or the other holds more weight. I've only had requests met one out of seven times with online checkin or having a request phoned in.

Over the years I've had the opportunity to speak with 3 different room assigners. All 3 stated none of the ways they receive a request is weighted higher than another.

I signed up on TP early this year and also used a code and paid $10 for a one year subscription! I didn't even know about the room request fax until way after! I don't use online check-in so hopefully this fax request works when I send it in a few months for my Nov trip!

I faxed a request for a recent stay at Pop via touringplans.

I requested:
First floor
Close to Parking
Building One

I got:
Fourth floor
Sixties (closest parking is check-in parking)
Building 5.

At check in I was told due to a sold out resort I could not change rooms.

Very disappointing to say the least. My Mom had a tough time , especially coming home from the parks at night. She's too proud for a wheelchair so that was out of the question.

I'm hoping for better luck with my upcoming Poly reservation, but I'll be calling to add my request to the reservation as well.

I have always sent faxes during our stays at DVC resorts booked for cash through Disney (no use of points in any way). I've received my first-choice most of the time, or a unit very close to it.

I am staying in Kidani, booked free dining through Disney, and TP is set up to send my fax. Do you think they are wrong?

I only know what I did and I've received the exact room I requested on a few occasions, and then a pick from my list or something close to it the rest of the time.

I would maybe send the Touring Plans folks and email and ask? I can't see that they would be sending faxes into nowhere but it may be worth asking.

I used it in June for CBR. I requested connecting rooms, building 45, second floor.

I got non-connecting rooms, building 43, second floor facing the smoking area o_O

I am hoping I have better luck for our trip in December at ASMU!!:scared:

We used it for our stay at Poly this month.
We requested via the fax 1st floor, Raratonga, King room, facing Monorail side.
We got 1st floor, Raratonga, King Room, facing Monorail side.
I did online check in and it had Raratonga and 1st floor, nothing about a King room.
I am certain the fax from Touring Plans is what got us in a King Room and facing Monorail side.

I will use it for our Oct trip too

TouringPlans also has a free membership, as well as the paid one. Though I can't be certain if the faxing service comes with the free membership or not. (I suspect someone here can answer that one.)

You can only use the fax service if you create a trip and you can only create a trip with a paid membership.

I'm doing a split stay and have the room fax all set up for our Poly stay.

I think I have to wait for that to go through and then do one for the BC stay.

Anyone have experience with split stays?

I'm doing a split stay and have the room fax all set up for our Poly stay.

I think I have to wait for that to go through and then do one for the BC stay.

Anyone have experience with split stays?
Can't you just create 2 trips that are back to back? Each would get it's own "Click to Find Room" link, right?

ETA - That does work. Once you mentioned it I realized I do have a split stay for our Oct trip. We are doing 1 night at CSR before we check in to Boardwalk. I put both in TP plans and I can create a fax for both.

Can't you just create 2 trips that are back to back? Each would get it's own "Click to Find Room" link, right?

ETA - That does work. Once you mentioned it I realized I do have a split stay for our Oct trip. We are doing 1 night at CSR before we check in to Boardwalk. I put both in TP plans and I can create a fax for both.

I figured it out right after I posted. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter