Using Touring Plans to fax room requests - Anyone have success yet?

I did it on our trip in March. It was a split stay, at WL and POR. At WL, I got the area I wanted, just a floor below what I requested. However, we were traveling with another family, and asked to be near each other: they actually gave us adjoining rooms, so that might have been a factor.

At POR, we got the exact room I requested.

Yes, we did it for a trip during President's Day week in February at GF. We had two lagoon view rooms booked. I requested connecting rooms on the 4th floor in Boca Chica based on the room views on touring plans and we got the EXACT rooms we requested. I was shocked, particularly as this is a very busy week at WDW. We were VERY happy!

Have you tried just faxing your own room request? I did to POP in 2009 and got exactly what I wanted..

Have you tried just faxing your own room request? I did to POP in 2009 and got exactly what I wanted..
No I haven't tried before. I never cared that much about getting a specific room. I am using Touring Plans for the first time and after spending time browsing the room views I fell in love with the view from a particular room. They just started a service where you just click on a link, put in a little information and they will send the fax for you. That seemed so easy I couldn't not try :) I was just wondering what the odds were of it really working. I didn't want to get my hopes up for a long shot.

I am not familiar with touring plans. I have faxed in a requests few years ago. Where do I go to see this?

It will be interesting to hear people's results using this. I always have my requests noted on my reservation. Aside from POR/POFQ resorts, I didn't think the other resorts look at faxes.

did you have your requests on your res as well as fax?

I'm glad people are having good luck with it. Just picked a room with a great view for being a standard at CBR and I'm so hoping we get it!

I already have the room picked on Touring Plans for my November trip, staying in a Royal Room at Riverside. But how do you fax it and how far out from your check-in date do you fax it? I booked through a TA, so does this matter? When I go to the room I chose, on the bottom of the view photo, it says "To request this room, provide Disney with the following text." Is it a text or fax?

I already have the room picked on Touring Plans for my November trip, staying in a Royal Room at Riverside. But how do you fax it and how far out from your check-in date do you fax it? I booked through a TA, so does this matter? When I go to the room I chose, on the bottom of the view photo, it says "To request this room, provide Disney with the following text." Is it a text or fax?
In the top upper right of the picture it now says click here to request this room. When you click it it takes you to a screen that you fill out with your basic info and reservation number. Touring plans will fax it for you 5 days before you arrive. You do have to have a subscription for this service.

Does this include when staying at a DVC resort on a cash reservation? We are staying at OKW in a couple of weeks and I'd planned on faxing in my room request. I appreciate any help/info!

Yes, it includes staying on a cash reservation. It's best to call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation.

In the top upper right of the picture it now says click here to request this room. When you click it it takes you to a screen that you fill out with your basic info and reservation number. Touring plans will fax it for you 5 days before you arrive. You do have to have a subscription for this service.
Ohh okay thank you! and yes I have a subscription to touring plans. It must not bring you to the screen to fill out the form until you are a certain amount of days away from your trip. I still have a ways to go, as I am going in November. It just brings me back to my dashboard when I click there. Does this sound right? This is my first subscription, so I am kind of new to TP.

Ohh okay thank you! and yes I have a subscription to touring plans. It must not bring you to the screen to fill out the form until you are a certain amount of days away from your trip. I still have a ways to go, as I am going in November. It just brings me back to my dashboard when I click there. Does this sound right? This is my first subscription, so I am kind of new to TP.
I don't know about when it might work. It worked for me as soon as I clicked it. It is a pop up box so if you have your computer set to block pop ups it probably won't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter