>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

Staying at POP in Sept, 2 adults, 2 children. We will be in park most of the open hours. I would like to see a couple other resorts/pools in the evening after the parks. Looking at them with 2 kids would cruel and unusual punishment not to let them get wet. Are any more likely to accept an evening request to swim or are lifeguards even on duty late?
You are more than welcome to look at the pool outside the fenced area. But you are not going to be allowed to swim without being a guest of that resort. Plus if you stay in the park from opening to close, by the time you get to the other resort, that pool will more than likely be closed to all guests. Better let the kids know ahead of time that they only get to swim at the pool where they are a guest.

We stay at Coronado Springs every year. For a non-deluxe resort, the pool is pretty deluxe-ish!

There are SEVERAL hotels that require you to be a quest of that hotel to access the pool. Other than value resorts, the gate acts as a barrier between us and them to limit the amount of people in the pool at one time. With that being said, there are plenty of people the casually wait around and act like they are doing something until a guest of that hotel accessing the gate and the non-guest walks in behind them. Not saying to do this, only that it is being done now.
BUT for Yacht/Beach Club, you do need a wristband to go down the waterslide as there is a guard at the top.

There are SEVERAL hotels that require you to be a quest of that hotel to access the pool. Other than value resorts, the gate acts as a barrier between us and them to limit the amount of people in the pool at one time. With that being said, there are plenty of people the casually wait around and act like they are doing something until a guest of that hotel accessing the gate and the non-guest walks in behind them. Not saying to do this, only that it is being done now.
BUT for Yacht/Beach Club, you do need a wristband to go down the waterslide as there is a guard at the top.
So that's when you pull the gate shut right behind you. If they were allowed in, they would be able to open the gate.

Actually all the hotels at WDW require that you be a guest there in order to use their pools. There are some "sister" resorts that allow the pools to be shared, but otherwise you cannot use a pool unless you are a guest at that resort or their sister resort. Note - this applies to regular resort guests, not DVC members. They have their own rules.
Denise

Actually all the hotels at WDW require that you be a guest there in order to use their pools. There are some "sister" resorts that allow the pools to be shared, but otherwise you cannot use a pool unless you are a guest at that resort or their sister resort. Note - this applies to regular resort guests, not DVC members. They have their own rules.
Denise
Good to know! I guess the pool gate at POP Century was just broken when I was there. Thanks for the update!

I remember as a kid we used to go for a midnight swim during our vacations. My parents never even knew we left the room.

Terrifying to think of! All of my worst case scenario alarms just went off in my head.

At the end of the day a pool is just somewhere to cool in ,i think people are to busy in theme parks to spends hours in a pool..

Ah, that’s not correct. Plenty of people use the pools for hours during the day. You might use the pools as just a way to cool off, but people take break days, have no-park trips, etc. during the day there are often crowds at the pools. And as you said, you’d like to go to the ones close to the parks. Those aren’t the values or moderates...

Good to know! I guess the pool gate at POP Century was just broken when I was there. Thanks for the update!

Doesn’t matter if it’s locked or not. The pools are open to guests of THAT resort (and some are open to Dvc members with their card).

In fact, they might be getting rid of the touch points entirely. But the rules are still the same. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...ds-reportedly-being-removed-from-resort-pools

Staying at POP in Sept, 2 adults, 2 children. We will be in park most of the open hours. I would like to see a couple other resorts/pools in the evening after the parks. Looking at them with 2 kids would cruel and unusual punishment not to let them get wet. Are any more likely to accept an evening request to swim or are lifeguards even on duty late?
You cannot swim at another resort's pool, period.

yes maybe your right...For me i am a 60 year old guest that would not care about how elaborate the pool was or if it had a slide it would just be nice to use the nearest one for a quick dip when hot instead of always having to travel back to just one resort....Also my 12 year old grand daughters favourite pool is FQ and preferred that pool when staying there rather than Stormalong bay..At the end of the day a pool is just somewhere to cool in ,i think people are to busy in theme parks to spends hours in a pool..

yes, and at the end of that day when I want to cool off in the pool at the resort I've paid to stay at, I want a chair and space in the pool, and I don't want to have to fight for space or chairs with people that are too lazy to go back to their own resort.

A reminder: this is a FAQ thread, for the purpose of answering questions about Disney’s pool hopping policy. No arguments, please.

I must say this has never been an issue for our family. Some nights when we are back at the resort we sit by the pool, and when my kids were younger they would swim for an hour or so before their shower and bed. We are those people that think Disney is DISNEY! We can find a pool to swim in at home.

Unless you are a guest at Beach or Yacht club you will not be able to use the pool. They have lifeguards/ gate guards at every entrance. As a guest they scan your band and check to make sure you are staying there. Then you put a arm band on you, that changes every day.

Touring the other resorts is very cool they are all so completely diffrent but be clear with the kids you are going to look at resorts not swim in the pools. Another idea is to plan dinners in different resorts so you can get a taste of them.

No, none of the water ways at WDW have swimming or wading allowed. Fresh water lakes in Florida can often have the brain eating amoeba present in the water which has proved deadly in most cases. Also, you'll find alligators and other creatures in the lakes. So no swimming.
Were the beaches used for swimming years ago? If so, do you know what has changed (other than the alligator incident a few years ago)?

Were the beaches used for swimming years ago? If so, do you know what has changed (other than the alligator incident a few years ago)?
It has been a very long time since guests could swim in the various lakes/lagoons/etc. I know we were permitted to go into the water at the Polynesian back in 1997, but it was sometime after that when signs went up warning guests about animals in the water. Then the alligator attack and the water fronts were fenced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!