Using Disney Visa Rewards

spiders

DIS Veteran
I learned something this week that I hadn't thought of before. I booked a Disney Cruise with a VGT rate which for those who don't know, means full payment is due immediately and non-refundable. I have about $700 in Disney Rewards dollars but I don't have the redemption card for it. I asked about a refund once I requested and received the card. The cast member explained that I can get a refund but not if I use my Disney Visa because they would consider it double dipping which makes sense now that I think about it.

So the solution was I charged all but $700 to my Disney Visa and the remaining to a different card. I have since requested my redemption card and will apply it to my reservation and request the appropriate refund at that time.

Probably no need for a refund. The $700 can probably be applied to ship board credit, tips, excursions, extra fee food/drink, gym fees, you get the drift.

Probably no need for a refund. The $700 can probably be applied to ship board credit, tips, excursions, extra fee food/drink, gym fees, you get the drift.

You can apply it towards your stateroom but that would be taking $700 Disney dollars that you intend to spend in the future instead of converting to $700 real dollars that you can keep in your account today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter