Useless facts/Chit Chat Thread

Please..with the surcharges for "inexperienced operator"..which is a boy under age 25..and a girl under age 21, We've been killed with insurance premiums for years now. I have an 11 year age difference between the oldest and youngest. By the time one was finally not being charged for being inexperienced...there was another one added to the policy that was. They all took driver training and defensive driving courses, though the school. We have two on the policy now. My husband said by the time we finish up with inexperienced operators on the policy, we'll get hit with the ELDERLY driver surcharge! :rotfl2:

YOU CAN NOT WIN!

It was so much easier when you could buy 'em a new bike! :sad2:

When our oldest son was taking his road test (he was 17) I was in the back seat of the truck. In a particularly bad stretch of a congested road, a guy pulled right out in front if him and would have caused an accident had my son not taken evasive action. The evaluator was impressed and said he had obviously been taught defensive driving. I told my son at the beginning of drivers training that satisfying me would be his biggest hurdle, I spent a lot of time with him and it shows in his driving skills. I think a lot of people lose sight of what a huge responsibility it is.

When our oldest son was taking his road test (he was 17) I was in the back seat of the truck. In a particularly bad stretch of a congested road, a guy pulled right out in front if him and would have caused an accident had my son not taken evasive action. The evaluator was impressed and said he had obviously been taught defensive driving. I told my son at the beginning of drivers training that satisfying me would be his biggest hurdle, I spent a lot of time with him and it shows in his driving skills. I think a lot of people lose sight of what a huge responsibility it is.

I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup2 I don't believe any three month driver training course takes the place of actually driving EVERY DAY with your child. A scary thing at first. Especially where we live...lots of traffic. My youngest got his license in June. He's 17. He has had his permit since 16. We made it a point to drive with him every day. You can't give some experience..they have to live it. We would drive with him everywhere, and especially at traffic times and to places we knew he was going to go, when we weren't with him. I felt that by the time he took his road test he was ready..and not because he took a three month driving course, but because he had been driving for a year already.
Another thing I found out is that our insurance carriier gives a 10% discount to kids with at least B averages. So that's also incentive to keep his grades up. Every little bit helps.

Right now new cars are dirt cheap up here, the insurance is what kills me.

Same here, full coverage for me and DH is less on our two cars than my 22 yo full coverage on 1 car. (He is paying us for it, but geez!!)

Carol...you're probably already on the road, but I wanted to say....have a safe trip!!!

From happy to sad. I finally had to winterize the new toy and put it into storage yesterday. That sucked. Maybe we'll get another Fall weekend in November or December, never can tell about Nebraska weather. We'll just have to do it dry. It was just such a bummer of a feeling putting it away. :sad1: :sick: :mad:

From happy to sad. I finally had to winterize the new toy and put it into storage yesterday. That sucked. Maybe we'll get another Fall weekend in November or December, never can tell about Nebraska weather. We'll just have to do it dry. It was just such a bummer of a feeling putting it away. :sad1: :sick: :mad:

Did I actually see snow in Nebraska on the TV this morning? I know, I know, I am a Floridian, but geez, it is Oct!

Did I actually see snow in Nebraska on the TV this morning? I know, I know, I am a Floridian, but geez, it is Oct!

We had a front system that stalled out over the panhandle. Was supposed to drop 8-10" of snow out west, don't know how much it actually brought. We got 2-3" of rain on the east end. I agree, too early for that stuff! I remember Halloween night a few years ago watching a heavy snowfall, but we don't usually start that early. I'm not ready to start shoveling yet. Give me mild Nov-Dec, please!!!!!!! :worship:

We've had flurries a few times already and south of here they got a few inches! Sunday into Monday the forecast calls for Lake Effect snow - that could mean a foot or more - but the chance of that happening is very small (I hope). Probably won't get cold enough for snow anyhow!

:rotfl2: Now, this one's a keeper, Frank!:rotfl2:

10190813441.jpg

I'm at mile marker 404 in Florida on I-75 :-)

140 miles from the Fort!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter