Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steffy, you can order takeout at Kona. We do it often for our son. You can also oder Tonga Toast, Mickey pancakes, etc. from room service.

In October, there was a sign that said "one alcoholic beverage per person." I had not noticed it before. There has always been a sign stating that you must be 21 to drink alcohol in FL. We enjoy beer too and we always pick up Heineken, water and Diet Rite from a local store.

tiggersmom2, I think Bojangles was trying to be funny. There are signs by the pool and the door to Hawaii advising that they are intended for the use of their respective clientele.

Next trip I plan to do more sit down meals at lunch so that a light relaxing dinner in the lounge is enough for us.
lovesdumbo this is exactly what we do when we bring our nieces/nephew. It gives them (and us!) a mid-afternoon quiet break and we get to spend more of the evening (when it's cool and less crowded) doing fun stuff. When it's just us grown-ups we reverse it and do nice sit-down dinners at the resorts or World Showcase.

Please remember that posting things that are trying to "cheat" Disney and are blatently against policy are not allowed (and even if you are joking others may not realize.)

Thank you.
Sue Ellen

Who will be at AKL's concierge this Easter? *Good Friday and the week after for our area*. I am seriously considering adding AKL's concierge in there *I know I should branch out.. I can't! although the location of the Poly is fabulous!* I do know DH wants to go back to USO and IA since we haven't been there since it was only one park. I think we'll be doing a split trip.

Debbie

*looking around*...will someone please tell me where our lounge is?????

I tried to go to the link BT posted but I was denied access!

*sobbing*...where are my fellow lizards?

There is a link to the lounge on both page one of this and page 2. It should take you straight to the Lounge on the community board.

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by MNTerri
How's the lounge food at the Beach Club?

We were there this past August (2004) - We were not around much for the dinner appetizers, but I did see a few.
There was tortelini with marinara, there was a seafood casserole, there was sausage and peppers. Also each night they had a hot spinach (like creamed spinach) dish, and mac & cheese. The hot food comes from the Yachtsman, so it is good stuff.

Other offerings during the day were very good also.

Please note for the Dolphin Club that you should sign the guestbook the attendants may come and ask you to sign the book as well.

Also unlike the Disney Conceirges the Dolphin is only during certain times.

Cheryl

angel16 Thanks so much for noticing!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

And I love your new siggie. That baby anklot is adorable....:Pinkbounc

tiggersmom Maybe we will see each other at the Poly!!!

I got an email from Poly IPO. They made all of my numerous changes! I'm so happy.

Hey Steffy!:wave2:

I'm sure we will see each other...I will be the one with the little boy with LONG , blonde, curly hair ( I just can't bring myself to cut it!:p ) and the one hoarding the beer at night time!:eek: :p

Hi Tiggersmom!

I'm the one with the annoying laugh with the little toddler with a Donald Trump comb-over and my little princess with her pink birthday princess crown.

I'll have a straw in the Bailey's....

Originally posted by tiggersmom2
OK, how much is too much? I am serious. I would probably drink about 4 or 5 on a Saturday night......would they frown on that and brand me an alcoholic?!:eek: :crazy:

The libations were flowing very freely during our June stay! Some of the folks there had way more than 4 or 5--it was a rainy night and there was little else to do--then again, when it was sunny and lovely, you had to have some cold ones too! ;) Frankly, I don't think anyone will be counting. The only rule is you must completely consume one before ordering another! That's not the same rule about wine and cordials however, since they are self-service. ;)

Originally posted by lovesdumbo
We do plan on going back to Trails End Buffet at Ft. Wilderness. The food and service were great and the price was right too. The atmosphere was a great break from the parks and I'm sure your 2 year old would love the petting zoo and the horses from Main St are there too. Enjoy your trip! [/B]

Wow, I would like more information on this. I did not know they had a petting zoo or the horses from Main Street. Please fill me in on the food and what the area looks like. We never made it past the main resorts and didn't go anywhere out of the usual for dinners or breakfast. Sound like something fun to do this coming May. Is this were they have the buggy rides?

Angel:upsidedow

Here's a link to the menu:
Trails End Buffet

We thought the food and service were great. We took the boat from MK to Ft Wilderness and then it is just a short walk. If you drive you park at the other end of Ft Wilderness and take an internal bus to get there. The petting zoo is just a short walk away. There were goats, pigs, chickens, and a donkey. They have pony rides for $3. There was a weight limit but I don't remember what it was. And then the barn is another short walk from there where they have the Main St horses. My DD wanted to know if they rode on the boat to get to Main Street.:teeth: There is also a playground. We found it to be a nice break from the parks.

Ft. Wilderness also has the buggy rides and campfires but I haven't done those.

Angel, I sent you a PM with some information on Fort Wilderness. I was sorry to hear that you are also experiencing problems with the Poly IPO staff. It looks like Disney's decision to combine staffs has got them stretched pretty thin. You're right though, part of staying in concierge is having the pre-planners make all the arrangements for you. I'm still receiving wonderful service from the staff at the YC, even with some last minute changes.

Tammi

GoofyJoofy

In your first post could you add something that is probably important for some people to know.

The IPO will not have your address and phone number if you book through a travel agent or online. If they don't call or send you a itinerary planning packet then you should call them.

I have been told that they have a lot of people that they can not contact.

Great catch Valerie!

I have gone ahead and put that information in.

Poly. Concierge

Is there a microwave in there? Is it possible to get a microwave in your Hawaii room? Are refrigerators now standard in Hawaii rooms?

Thanks!!!!::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter