Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

I am so sorry, I didn't realize you were already an Emerald club member. There are not any additional fees each time you rent. Just go log into the Emerald Aisle and rent to your hearts content.

(I was posting as if you wanted to become a member of the Emerald Aisle with out the initial $50 membership fee.) Again sorry for the confusion!

No apology necessay- I appreciate your attempt to help me understand how to use Emerald Aisle.

I do not recall paying a 50.00 fee- but I joined recently. Am I going to find a 50.00 fee on my next statement? Are the Emerald Club and Emerald Aisle different clubs? My reservation says" Emerald Club" on it. but it also says "Level of service- Counter"

Is there a fat-pass type line for Emerald Club members?
Is using the kiosk the same as using the counter?
Can I even use a kiosk with the upgrade coupon?

Thanks again for your help...Lots of questions I hope to have answered as I leave on Tuesday!

Used the KLM Contract ID and the Mousesavers $35 off a week. Minivan for 5/5-5/13 = $317.21:banana:

That is $8 cheaper than a midsize for the same time and included most of the fees and damage wavers as previously discussed.

Thanks so much everyone!
ceburto2

No apology necessay- I appreciate your attempt to help me understand how to use Emerald Aisle.

I do not recall paying a 50.00 fee- but I joined recently. Am I going to find a 50.00 fee on my next statement? Are the Emerald Club and Emerald Aisle different clubs? My reservation says" Emerald Club" on it. but it also says "Level of service- Counter"

Thanks again for your help...Lots of questions I hope to have answered as I leave on Tuesday!

If you are in the club, you are in, no $50 charge will come later.

If you rent with your emerald club code and pick a standard car, it should show the level of service as "emerald aisle" and it shouled also show your pickup on the left side of the rerservation as Aisle and Executive Service. It should only show counter service if you picked car size other than standard. That's how it worked for me anyway. The upgrade price I saw from compact to standard was only $5 or $10 so I just started with a standard car and didn't worry about that coupon as I figured I would have a chance at a better upgrade on the Emerald Isle for free. Also the convenience of not going to the counter was worth a couple extra dollars. I just used the $35 discount code and the Flying Blue discount.

I just tried reserving again, KLM, this time with the $35 discount.

It didn't work on friday, but it worked this time!! I can go straight to the Emerald Aisle. It came out to be around $12 more than the upgrade quote, but I think it's worth it to bypass the counter.

Thanks again for all the info!

You can waive the fee for Emerald Aisle by visiting Mousesavers.com
They have a link to get it for free. Just explore the rental car section and National.

Then if you rent a midsize car you can pick from the Emerald Aisle.

If you use an upgrade coupon and upgrade to midsize you can still pick from the EA but you have to visit the counter 1st. (or so the nice National customer service woman told me on the phone 2 days ago)

Have a great trip!

There is no fee to join Emerald Club, the link on mousesavers is an old link and no longer necessary.

If you are in the club, you are in, no $50 charge will come later.

If you rent with your emerald club code and pick a standard car, it should show the level of service as "emerald aisle" and it shouled also show your pickup on the left side of the rerservation as Aisle and Executive Service. It should only show counter service if you picked car size other than standard. That's how it worked for me anyway. The upgrade price I saw from compact to standard was only $5 or $10 so I just started with a standard car and didn't worry about that coupon as I figured I would have a chance at a better upgrade on the Emerald Isle for free. Also the convenience of not going to the counter was worth a couple extra dollars. I just used the $35 discount code and the Flying Blue discount.

If you have logged in as an EC member, why would you select standard car rather than midsize? Midsize gets you EA service. It will show airport if you select economy, compact, full size and above. At that point being a EC member, you will have what is called and Emerald Reserve reservation. The only time you should have to go to the counter is IF you have made an non EC reservation.

You will not have to pay a fee, EC is now free to join. Emerald Club is what you join, Emerald Aisles or Emerald Exec. are the row from which you choose your vehicle. First time members usually have to go to the counter to have their info verified. THere is a lot of information on the Emerald Club on the website. No, the kiosk is not the same as counter, it cannot verify your information. Why bother with an upgrade coupon if you are getting Emerald Aisle when you select midsize car?
Emerald Club info: https://www.nationalcar.com/?action=emcIndex Read the information.

Will I be able to use the kiosk with the Air France code? If anyone is interested, I am actually leaving on Tuesday and can post my experience that evening:)

Is there an actual mid-size section at National? I think the last time we booked this category they had to give us a standard-full size car as there did not have any mid size.

Yes, there is a mid size row at National. They were probably out of mid size that is why the free upgrade (which is what you got. :) )

Yes, please post your experience after your arrival, thanks.

I don't see why you couldn't use the Kiosk if you use the code for your reservation online.. . but I'm not sure.

I book standard at National to get to pick off the Emerald Aisle. If there is a mid-size or intermediate, I don't think it would be any cheaper than standard.

You can only select from the EA if you are an Emerald Club member. Just adding this for clarification. You don't need to select standard to select from EA if you have made an EC reservation, a mid size will do the trick. I would suggest that people read the Emerald Club rules which can be found on the National web site under the tab "Emerald Club".

I went through this whole process and it does list the code, but it says "And, as a Flying Blue member, you benefit from a discount of 20% on Passport Rates worldwide.*"

So my question is...who is eligible for Passport Rates? The inclusion of so many fees and benefits makes me skeptical. Good luck to those who have reserved it - I hope it works!

UM, your own post answers your question. Who is eligible for passport rates?

"As a flying blue member, you benefit..." tells you who.

Big Ups to the OP :thumbsup2. We have a current ressie with Budget (never rented from them before) but now we have a 7 day ressie for $231. I'm very, very happy about it!

If you have logged in as an EC member, why would you select standard car rather than midsize? Midsize gets you EA service. It will show airport if you select economy, compact, full size and above. At that point being a EC member, you will have what is called and Emerald Reserve reservation. The only time you should have to go to the counter is IF you have made an non EC reservation.

Standard or Midsize gets you the Emerald Isle and they were virtually the same price for my rental. I just don't like how Midsize says 2 or 4 door. I know there will be 4 doors on the Emerald Isle but since the price was $1 a day more I picked Standard b/c it only shows 4 door cars for piece of mind.

Reporting my successful experience with the Air France/Flying Blue code. I also used Emerald Aisle for the first time. So nice- the aisle had many SUV's in it as well. We picked a Huundai Santa Fe.

Best part was I paid 35.00 less than I expected. My reservation did not take off the coupon- they do that here! Woo-Hoo! Thanks for all your helpful advice. It is much appreciated.

By the way, crowds are not bad here now!

Is there a landing page anywhere at KLM.com that advertises this code? I couldn't find one by doing a site specific Google search.

So who else thinks this code is going to come to National's attention and be deactivated or the free insurance removed? The supplemental liability and LDW would cost over $36/day normally and it is being included for free...that's a huge loss in potential revenue....

It is definitely going away soon since everyone keeps calling National and asking if they can use it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter