Use year recommendation

Thank you for the response Deb! So for example, if you really wanted December 2020, you might have started booking at the resort around November 2019, for a October 2020 reservation, but then just keep “walking” it until it gets to December 2020? Am I understanding this process correctly?

Possibly

Right now very few things need to be walked. It does help though because you basically guarantee yourself the reservation. My whole thought process is that in 15 years rooms easy to get today might need to be walked in order to secure them.

The downside to me is minimal but I also have flexibility of travel schedule and understand the requirement of cancelling prior to my travel date if I am traveling in the last 4 months of the UY. I also have never cancelled a trip except specifically in relation to COVID. Even last year with Dorian incoming we just added on to the start of our trip to get down to WDW sooner than we had planned.

Thank you for the response Deb! So for example, if you really wanted December 2020, you might have started booking at the resort around November 2019, for a October 2020 reservation, but then just keep “walking” it until it gets to December 2020? Am I understanding this process correctly?
Yes. You go back every few days drop the start days, add the end days until you have the days you need. If you go eight days or more, you can lose your walk. If you have to cross your UY, it make it difficult because you may be borrowing to make the reservation to start and then you cannot unborrow them when you cross the start date of the year. But you could start walking Dec 1 (with a Dec UY) for a Dec reservation because you won't cross UYs.

Yes. You go back every few days drop the start days, add the end days until you have the days you need. If you go eight days or more, you can lose your walk. If you have to cross your UY, it make it difficult because you may be borrowing to make the reservation to start and then you cannot unborrow them when you cross the start date of the year. But you could start walking Dec 1 (with a Dec UY) for a Dec reservation because you won't cross UYs.
Thank you ☺️

As for the OP, I'd go with Aug as it has more points out there so if you add on a resale later, it would be easier to find.
We love SEP UY, but because there are fewer of them (and fewer still for sale), it has made searching for a resale add-on contract more challenging.

Every time I think I know the ins and outs there is more to learn! I didn't realise there were less Sep resale contracts generally so that will definitely factor into our decision as we plan to add on later if we buy.

I thought about it this way.... What is our LEAST likely time to travel? For us that was Summer. So when we looked for a contract we looked at a late summer (Aug) or early fall (Sept) UY. My thought was to buy at the end of season I was least likely to visit so that 4 month banking window has the best chance to be useful.

All times I have visited WDW so far has been between Dec and Apr, so when a right price contract with an Aug UY came along I snagged it,,,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter