USA ties England!!!!!!!!!!

:sad2: No this is a draw, that feels like a loss. :sad2:

You know, it's little digs like this that are the reason that I lurk more than I post. I didn't need to be corrected on terminology in a thread whose title called the game a tie, which is what we call it here in America. The bolding of the word draw was unnecessary.

I'm sorry you took it that way.

I was trying to highlight the fact that for people from the States it was a tie that seemed like a win.
For English people it was a draw that seemed like a loss.

It was meant to be a vaguely amusing take on how we viewed the result differently.
Apologies for the offense.

I will now go back to lurking. It seems my humour (or humor?) does not go down well over the pond.

Nah, I am just a little too prickly. My only excuse is that I am the mother of three teenagers and have two sons that constantly correct my understanding of soccer. Sorry I took it the wrong way. I am sure it is my sense of humor that was off on this one. You're fine.

It's all good. :goodvibes

One thing I do envy you is your captain, Carlos Bocanegra. He used to play for my husband's team (Fulham) and is very pleasing on the eye, as well as being a good player. :teeth:

I'm sorry you took it that way.

I was trying to highlight the fact that for people from the States it was a tie that seemed like a win.
For English people it was a draw that seemed like a loss.

It was meant to be a vaguely amusing take on how we viewed the result differently.
Apologies for the offense.

I will now go back to lurking. It seems my humour (or humor?) does not go down well over the pond.

I understood what you were trying to say. Two different perspective on the same result.

Also, FWIW, I'm an American (born and bred), and I use "draw" all the time (also use "nil" and "clean sheet" :scared1:). But, then again I've been a soccer freak since I was just a wee lad. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter