US to lift travel ban for foreign air travellers who show proof of vaccination

We're both double vaccinated with Pfizer, so that won't be a problem for our November trip. I just hope they don't start requiring a pcr test, since those are significantly more expensive. We're already having to book new flights out of Toronto, since I doubt the border will be open by then.

I think “things” are happening on the tourism front with mixed doses. Some cruise lines are now accepting mixed MRNA vaccines for US port departures. Hopefully it will be a ripple effect.

We can also lobby for a third dose for mixed dose people. Manitoba and Quebec are doing it already. Sent my email to my MPP today.
3rd doses for the elderly, immunocompromised and previously mixed-vaxed persons became available in Alberta on August 30. I'm getting my third shot (second of Moderna) today at 4:00 pm. We also just got access to printable Proof of Vaccination cards on-line from AHS yesterday. I've printed DH's and DS's but I'm waiting until after I've had my second Moderna before I download mine.

3rd doses for the elderly, immunocompromised and previously mixed-vaxed persons became available in Alberta on August 30. I'm getting my third shot (second of Moderna) today at 4:00 pm. We also just got access to printable Proof of Vaccination cards on-line from AHS yesterday. I've printed DH's and DS's but I'm waiting until after I've had my second Moderna before I download mine.
That's great!!!!

Ontario is seriously lagging on this. No word on when or even if it will happen and our Premier has been MIA for the past 3 weeks.

Not of AZ. We had enough supply of AZ to give everyone who had the first dose a second dose it just wasn't allowed anymore because of potential side effects
I know people who got two doses of AZ instead of mixing. We tried to get our second dose but everywhere seemed to be a long waitlist so when we were able to get mRNA we jumped at it. UGH. Wishing I'd waited now for the first dose of an mRNA, too. But that is neither here nor there, I'm mixed and I need to figure out how to travel, as do so many others.

Not of AZ. We had enough supply of AZ to give everyone who had the first dose a second dose it just wasn't allowed anymore because of potential side effects
I know people who got two doses of AZ instead of mixing. We tried to get our second dose but everywhere seemed to be a long waitlist so when we were able to get mRNA we jumped at it. UGH. Wishing I'd waited now for the first dose of an mRNA, too. But that is neither here nor there, I'm mixed and I need to figure out how to travel, as do so many others.

DH and I are two people who got both doses of AZ, no issues with supply here in BC. I got my first one the day it was opened up to my age range, DH got his a few weeks later. I was able to get in to get my second one the day I was eligible for my second dose. Of course, the news about effectiveness of mixing vaccines came out less than 15 minutes after I got my second one! I was actually still at the pharmacy waiting for the ok to leave when I saw the news report. /headdesk

It would also depend on the province you were in. Different provinces stopped offering AZ at different times but like I said it wasn't a supply issue so WHO does not recognize a combined AZ and MRNA

DH and I are two people who got both doses of AZ, no issues with supply here in BC. I got my first one the day it was opened up to my age range, DH got his a few weeks later. I was able to get in to get my second one the day I was eligible for my second dose. Of course, the news about effectiveness of mixing vaccines came out less than 15 minutes after I got my second one! I was actually still at the pharmacy waiting for the ok to leave when I saw the news report. /headdesk
I'm in BC too and dh and I couldn't find anywhere for a second dose unless we were willing to drive 1+ hour to find it. I was on countless waitlists in Surrey and Langley. So when our age group opened through the BC run clinics for mRNA we jumped at the chance to get it.

I'm in BC too and dh and I couldn't find anywhere for a second dose unless we were willing to drive 1+ hour to find it. I was on countless waitlists in Surrey and Langley. So when our age group opened through the BC run clinics for mRNA we jumped at the chance to get it.

We were lucky, there is a small pharmacy about 20 minutes from our house and that is where DH got both his and I got my second one. I got my first one at a Shoppers about 2 mins up the road and the only reason I got it was that a friend called to tell me they had 1 left so I jumped in the car and raced down!

We're both double vaccinated with Pfizer, so that won't be a problem for our November trip. I just hope they don't start requiring a pcr test, since those are significantly more expensive. We're already having to book new flights out of Toronto, since I doubt the border will be open by then.

It's crazy how expensive it is. Canada already requires a PCR test to come back. I wish those were less expensive and/or automatically came with plane tickets. This is a nightmare to organize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter