US or IOA for 5 year old boy???

Joby91467

Earning My Ears
We have a five year old boy (and a 1 year old girl), and we're going to Orlando in October. I've read a few travel books and even a few emails from this forum, but I'm still undecided. The 5 year old is 42 inches tall and on a scale of 1-10, he's probably a 6 as far as fearlessness (10 being not afraid of anything).

Should I take him to US or IOA or skip both in favor of something else?

I know we're going to Magic Kingdom, Sea World, Animal Kindgom, and probably the nighttime laser show at Epcot.

We'll be there for 7 days.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Becky (Joby91467@aol.com)

I have a five year old that's 42", I think there is plenty for him to do. Really the only things they can't go on are Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Dr. Doom and Ripsaw Falls.

IOA was my 5 year old son's favorite park. Universal was second. I was worried about him enjoying himself at the theme parks because he's kind of a weanie, but he did great. His favorite ride was MIB alien attack, and we rode that 15 times over 3 days.

He rode all of the rides except for the ones he didn't meet height requirements. Loved Jaws, Back to the Future, all of it. He pulls out the map of IOA everyday since we have been back (May 2002) and talks a bout each ride. I didn't take him to Twister (too intense, the ten year old did not like it)
Dr. Suess area is awesome as well as Woody Woodpecker kid zone, have kids waer bathing suits to these two parks, they will get wet, and then you won't hafve to change them!

We took our daughter when she was 5 and she had a blast at both parks. Be prepared to spend alot of time in the play areas both IOA/Universal offer, especially Woody Woodpecker kidzone at Universal. Bring bathing suits and a towel! We spent hours there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter