upgrading tickets and making park reservations

CheekyRose

Mouseketeer
I posted before that I'm trying to help my 19yo daughter and her boyfriend with a last minute trip they've booked. Unfortunately, it was her boyfriend's idea and he's never been and had no idea what he was doing. He didn't realize how massive WDW is and only bought one-day tickets, non-hopper

So now, they'd like to change to a 3-day ticket, with parkhopper. We're finding commentary on the website and the confirmation email that says "you can change your ticket up until midnight the day before", but not finding anywhere to actually change it. How does he go about doing that?
Same with park reservations. We find the availability calendar, but there is no button to actually make the reservation. How do they do that?

The ticket also has one specific date on it. It used to be that you bought a ticket and could use it whenever you used it. Is it now only good on that date? The date is the day after they arrive in Orlando at 11pm, so if there's a problem with the flight and they don't get in till the next day, are they out of luck and wasted $300?

Thanks everyone. I'm already so frustrated. This is ridiculously complicated.

Does he have the tickets linked in MDE?

If he does he should be able to go to tickets and passes in MDE and manage the ticket. All of my tickets are part of packages, so I can't screenshot it, but I know I've upgraded tickets in the past.
Tickets are date based now so single day tickets are only valid on one day. If they upgrade to three day tickets, they'll have a longer use period.

Same with park reservations, he'll need the tickets linked to MDE.

Thank you. Can they still go 3 non-consecutive days? Do they need to pick the next 2 days when they upgrade the tickets?

Thank you. Can they still go 3 non-consecutive days? Do they need to pick the next 2 days when they upgrade the tickets?
For the sake of the example, if the single day ticket is for december 5, if he upgrades the ticket to a 3 day ticket (with a start date on the 5th), it'll have a use period of 5 days, so they can go any 3 days from December 5th to December 9th.

I would recommend making park reservations ASAP, because they don't want to be locked out of the park they would prefer to start in.

For the sake of the example, if the single day ticket is for december 5, if he upgrades the ticket to a 3 day ticket (with a start date on the 5th), it'll have a use period of 5 days, so they can go any 3 days from December 5th to December 9th.

I would recommend making park reservations ASAP, because they don't want to be locked out of the park they would prefer to start in.

Thanks so much! It sounds like they've got it all set now. Hoping it works out well for them. They'll already be there this weekend, He literally started planning just 2 weeks ago when we were out of town for a family wedding and it's very hard watching them struggle because it's been so long since we've been, everything has changed, and I would have been back on these boards learning everything 3 months before booking the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter