Upgrading ticket to AP?

Callsdodisney

Mouseketeer
We check in tomorrow and I'm debating upgrading my ticket to an annual pass. I know Disney has some interesting ways of determining the ticket value- does Universal do that as well? I purchase the ticket from Undercover Tourist.... will I use the amount paid or the current value of the ticket to determine the upgrade price or some third option I'm not thinking about?

Thanks!

We check in tomorrow and I'm debating upgrading my ticket to an annual pass. I know Disney has some interesting ways of determining the ticket value- does Universal do that as well? I purchase the ticket from Undercover Tourist.... will I use the amount paid or the current value of the ticket to determine the upgrade price or some third option I'm not thinking about?

Thanks!
I recently upgraded a 3 day 3 park (plus 2 days free) ticket to a 3 park seasonal AP. Looking at my receipt, he took the list price of the AP before tax, $524.99, subtracted the list price of a 3 day 3 park ticket before tax, $395.99, and charged me $129 + 8.39 tax.

I had paid $362.29 + $23.55 tax = $385.84 for the original ticket from OI. So a small savings, but I wasn't sure I wanted an AP when I bought it originally.

Now that there are date-based tickets, the list price will vary some. As with Disney, I don't think Universal knows what you paid UT.

I recently upgraded a 3 day 3 park (plus 2 days free) ticket to a 3 park seasonal AP. Looking at my receipt, he took the list price of the AP before tax, $524.99, subtracted the list price of a 3 day 3 park ticket before tax, $395.99, and charged me $129 + 8.39 tax.

I had paid $362.29 + $23.55 tax = $385.84 for the original ticket from OI. So a small savings, but I wasn't sure I wanted an AP when I bought it originally.

Now that there are date-based tickets, the list price will vary some. As with Disney, I don't think Universal knows what you paid UT.
Thank you- so helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter