Upgrading Annual Pass?

ultimatefans

DIS Veteran
I currently have a 2-park Preferred Pass and would like to upgrade to a 3-park Preferred Pass. Can I do this over the phone?

I just called to attempt to do this and she got through the entire process but then said she didn't have any way to take payment because she didn't have a pass to swipe so I had to do the upgrade at the gate. The agent seemed very new (she didn't even know it was possible to upgrade) so I'm not sure if I should call back and try again or if this truly has to be done at the gate. I'd prefer to take care of this ahead of time if possible.

Yes, thank you, I should have said "on property" rather than at the gate. I would still rather take care of it before the trip if possible - on our last trip I spent far too much time at the front desk and guest services and would prefer to minimize that if I can.

I have upgraded and downgraded over the phone for multiple passes. I would call back.

I have upgraded and downgraded over the phone for multiple passes. I would call back.
Were you renewing at the time? I actually did call back and was told again it had to be done on property. I didn’t think passes could be downgraded?

Were you renewing at the time? I actually did call back and was told again it had to be done on property. I didn’t think passes could be downgraded?
One was when Volcano Bay opened, so that may have been a special situation. All of the others were while renewing. I just downgraded my husband and son's passes from 3 park to 2 park while renewing them. Sorry.

I upgraded from seasonal to premier a few years ago by phone for a renewal. I was told that it would scan fine for parking (original pass), and admission but I needed to go to guest services to get new cards for the after 4 express. I did this at the in park guest services. The only issue I had was at the parking booth, they tried to get me to pay and asked them to try scanning it because I had upgraded and that worked.

I upgraded from seasonal to premier a few years ago by phone for a renewal. I was told that it would scan fine for parking (original pass), and admission but I needed to go to guest services to get new cards for the after 4 express. I did this at the in park guest services. The only issue I had was at the parking booth, they tried to get me to pay and asked them to try scanning it because I had upgraded and that worked.
Thanks! I think for me the difference is that I’m not renewing, I want to do a midyear upgrade to add volcano bay access. I’ll just take care of it on-site, thanks everyone for your input I really appreciate it!

We are also interested in doing this this summer! We canceled a cruise and booked a week at Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
Please update if you were able to easily upgrade at the hotel or gate.

You can upgrade or downgrade over the phone. Planning to upgrade this year.
I was told twice that I couldn't and it had to be done on property. This is a for a mid-year upgrade, not for renewal. :confused3

We are also interested in doing this this summer! We canceled a cruise and booked a week at Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
Will do!

This might be too late for you, but I was able to upgrade my AP to add Volcano Bay access on site back in March. No problem at all. The pass in my app was updated automatically. I was also able to update DH and DD at the gate even though they weren't with me. I went to Guest Services to the right of the entrance at Universal Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter