Upgrading Annual Pass?

ultimatefans

Mouseketeer
I currently have a 2-park Preferred Pass and would like to upgrade to a 3-park Preferred Pass. Can I do this over the phone?

I just called to attempt to do this and she got through the entire process but then said she didn't have any way to take payment because she didn't have a pass to swipe so I had to do the upgrade at the gate. The agent seemed very new (she didn't even know it was possible to upgrade) so I'm not sure if I should call back and try again or if this truly has to be done at the gate. I'd prefer to take care of this ahead of time if possible.

• ultimatefans

Mouseketeer
    Yes, thank you, I should have said "on property" rather than at the gate. I would still rather take care of it before the trip if possible - on our last trip I spent far too much time at the front desk and guest services and would prefer to minimize that if I can.

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
    I have upgraded and downgraded over the phone for multiple passes. I would call back.

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
    Were you renewing at the time? I actually did call back and was told again it had to be done on property. I didn’t think passes could be downgraded?
    One was when Volcano Bay opened, so that may have been a special situation. All of the others were while renewing. I just downgraded my husband and son's passes from 3 park to 2 park while renewing them. Sorry.

mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
    I upgraded from seasonal to premier a few years ago by phone for a renewal. I was told that it would scan fine for parking (original pass), and admission but I needed to go to guest services to get new cards for the after 4 express. I did this at the in park guest services. The only issue I had was at the parking booth, they tried to get me to pay and asked them to try scanning it because I had upgraded and that worked.

• ultimatefans

Mouseketeer
    I upgraded from seasonal to premier a few years ago by phone for a renewal. I was told that it would scan fine for parking (original pass), and admission but I needed to go to guest services to get new cards for the after 4 express. I did this at the in park guest services. The only issue I had was at the parking booth, they tried to get me to pay and asked them to try scanning it because I had upgraded and that worked.
    Thanks! I think for me the difference is that I’m not renewing, I want to do a midyear upgrade to add volcano bay access. I’ll just take care of it on-site, thanks everyone for your input I really appreciate it!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS