Upgrades at Port?

I don't think you can trade two staterooms for one.

The upgrade fee is charged per stateroom upgraded and is predetermined based on the category you are upgrading from and to.

But I don't see why you couldn't only upgrade one and all stay there? :confused3

Thanks, makes sense!

Do they also sell the Royal Suites via port upgrades? We leave in 5 days and both Royals are still open......

Thanks, makes sense!

Do they also sell the Royal Suites via port upgrades? We leave in 5 days and both Royals are still open......

Yes they do. When we upgraded on the 8/19 cruise, the Roy suite was available and they offered it to us along with the available cat V and T cabins. We upgraded from a cat 6A, so the upgrade to the Roy suite would have been almost double the upgrade we got to a cat T.

Thanks, makes sense!

I believe so!

Now you've got me thinking! There are still plenty of category T's available on our October 25th cruise... wonder if we could upgrade one of our two cabins and squeeze all 4 kids in with us?!

bzss7x said:
WARNING TO ALL UPGRADERS! We upgraded on the Fantasy to the concierge level this past July. We loved every second of it. We have already booked our next cruise - DCL Alaska - and booked concierge. After hearing about our last cruise, my neighbor made the remark, "Congratulations. You just upgraded every future vacation." She may be right. So beware. It could happen to you. :rotfl2:

This is exactly what I am thinking! On our Dream cruise last month, Disney magically upgraded us to Concierge. Both my husband and I made this statement during the cruise. If we cruise again it will be Concierge.

I believe so!

Now you've got me thinking! There are still plenty of category T's available on our October 25th cruise... wonder if we could upgrade one of our two cabins and squeeze all 4 kids in with us?!

Unfortunately, if you are sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, no cabin on either ship sleeps more than 5. Not even the Royal suites.

Unfortunately, if you are sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, no cabin on either ship sleeps more than 5. Not even the Royal suites.

I know they don't sleep more than 5.

We would still officially have two cabins. :thumbsup2

My kids have been known to sleep 3 in a bed before, and I'm sure they'd do it in a heartbeat to be in concierge!

Just wondering if the concierge staff would welcome the "stowaway" ?! ;)

I know they don't sleep more than 5.We would still officially have two cabins. My kids have been known to sleep 3 in a bed before, and I'm sure they'd do it in a heartbeat to be in concierge!Just wondering if the concierge staff would welcome the "stowaway" ?! ;)

Take some friends along (hello friend;) ) and let them keep the unused room for a much better deal than booking themselves (especially those who travel with only one or two per cabin). You'd be helping someone save money, and if you really work it right, the money from them could defer your upgrade cost! This is where knowing how full the ship is would come in handy.

I know they don't sleep more than 5.

We would still officially have two cabins. :thumbsup2

My kids have been known to sleep 3 in a bed before, and I'm sure they'd do it in a heartbeat to be in concierge!

Just wondering if the concierge staff would welcome the "stowaway" ?! ;)
If you are on the Dream or Fantasy, only those in your family that have the gold KTTW card would be allowed in the concierge lounge and concierge sundeck. So all 6 of you would not be able to enjoy those amenities since none of the concierge cabins sleep 6 people.

Boarded the Fantasy today. Booked a VGT, assigned a 5D and upgraded to a Cat. T 1 Bedroom Suite. :goodvibes We stayed at the MCO Hyatt last Night and were on the first bus to the port. We were one of the first to the Supervisor's desk.

kaseyC said:
Boarded the Fantasy today. Booked a VGT, assigned a 5D and upgraded to a Cat. T 1 Bedroom Suite. :goodvibes We stayed at the MCO Hyatt last Night and were on the first bus to the port. We were one of the first to the Supervisor's desk.

How much and how long is your cruise?

If you don't want to post what you paid could you post an approximate? We will be there in a few weeks.

Thanks.

How much and how long is your cruise?

7 night Eastern Caribbean and it was $1900 and some change. We usually book concierge cabins but since this was a last minute getaway for me and my two youngest DDs, I booked a bargain VGT rate. To me this was a fabulous deal. :)

awesome! have a great cruise!
Tell Julia and Kamisha hi from us

How do you check to see how many rooms are available in each catagory??

i just checked my cruise in october, more than half of the concierge cabins are still left..

there are 11 one bedrooms still left on our cruise (only 7 have been booked so far, including mine)

category V has about 12 cabins still available, including one of the deck 12 bump outs (only 8 cabins have been booked so far)...

i think DCL may be shooting itself in the foot...
people will wait for the cheap port upgrades instead of paying more in advance..
and then people like me who paid a lot in advance will be annoyed by the hordes of bargain basement concierge guests flooding the concierge lounge and we'll see the error of our ways and switch to a different cruise line..

i've certainly learned my lesson....

How do you check to see how many rooms are available in each catagory??

There's really no easy way to see how many cabins are available in each category, but if you go through the motions of doing a booking online, you can see what categories are available. If you pick a specific category, you can go to "Select cabin" and it will show you a list of cabins, up to 8 at a time (if there are at least 8 available).

outahere said:
There's really no easy way to see how many cabins are available in each category, but if you go through the motions of doing a booking online, you can see what categories are available. If you pick a specific category, you can go to "Select cabin" and it will show you a list of cabins, 8 at a time (if there are at least 8 available).

I was looking at my cruise last night. Any way to see all of the open cabins? Not just 8? I am guessing no, though.

You people are KILLIN' me with this thread.... I'm like an addict! Don't worry, I won't push the rest of you out of the way heading to the supervisors desk on embarkation day! I wouldn't count on that from everyone, though!! ;)

You people are KILLIN' me with this thread.... I'm like an addict! Don't worry, I won't push the rest of you out of the way heading to the supervisors desk on embarkation day! I wouldn't count on that from everyone, though!! ;)

I won't be pushing anyone out of the way, but I will certainly be checking for upgrades!

It would be awesome if the money we just got back due to the FLR rate being applied is enough to upgrade us to concierge! :thumbsup2

7 night Eastern Caribbean and it was $1900 and some change. We usually book concierge cabins but since this was a last minute getaway for me and my two youngest DDs, I booked a bargain VGT rate. To me this was a fabulous deal. :)

Wow, that is awesome, do you know if they quoted you a price for the family concierge as well? We are going on the Sept 22, Eastern Caribbean and saw that there were a bunch of concierge rooms still available! :thumbsup2

FWIW, we asked to upgrade our room to a 4A on 9/1 western. We arrived later than expected (about 12:45) and by then all the concierge had been taken. All that was left was 4's. I know we were sailing at about 75% capacity, so there were plenty of rooms at the beginning of the morning.

We were in a 4E, but had been upgraded from a 5E. The CM knew this without asking and automatically based our upgrade on a 5E. It was $560. Whoa! That was too rich for our blood just for an extra few square feet and not getting to pick our cabin (except from a very limited inventory). We already had the balcony, so it wasn't worth it. To be honest, I was thinking it would be more like a couple hundred $, but then I realized that we were still considered 5E instead of 4E. Too good to be true ;). Even on an "empty" ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter