Upgrades at Port Canaveral ?

insureman

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been able to upgrade at the port post Covid reopening specifically to concierge? Sorry if this has already been discussed . Thanks

Not sure about concierge specifically but I have heard of upgrades at the port. On our recent Dream cruise I heard people upgraded.

MJ

On our Oct 2nd Fantasy cruise, I inquired about upgrades and they had both "regular" cabins and concierge cabin upgrades available

Do they offer any discounts or do you pay the published rate? If it just the published rate then why not just book the cabin in the first place?

Do they offer any discounts or do you pay the published rate? If it just the published rate then why not just book the cabin in the first place?
So it appeared to be a discount of some sort but not a drastic one... we chose not to upgrade as we felt the discounts weren't enough to justify the additional cost.
The cast member did use the chart to plot out the available upgrades from our booked category.
They had both family verandah concierge and 1 bedroom concierge rooms available.

Where do you ask about an upgrade?
I asked at check in, where they check your passport documents, get you ready to board. After she was done with everything, I asked if upgrades were available, she said yes, and led me to another kiosk where the lady had the list of available rooms and the chart showing cost.
This is the way it has worked in the past as well.

10/18 from Port Canaveral on the Dream. Was one of the first groups at the port because we used Disney Transport from Contemporary. We were able to upgrade to concierge. I think the “no upgrade” sign did go up shortly after we went through line #15. It was at a discount to the published online rate just a few days earlier. (Still pricey though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter