Upgrade ticket to Annual Pass

letnes

Earning My Ears
If you want to upgrade a day ticket to an annual pass do you have to do it before you use it?

Can you clarify your question? I had dated tickets, so I had to upgrade before the last day they expired (which was the last day of my trip).

So lets say you use tickets today, Sept 27th.
and then want to upgrade those tickets to AP later. Do you get 364 days to upgrade? In other words, when is the last day you can upgrade to AP tickets that you used.

So lets say you use tickets today, Sept 27th.
and then want to upgrade those tickets to AP later. Do you get 364 days to upgrade? In other words, when is the last day you can upgrade to AP tickets that you used.

Correct me if I’m not understanding your question, but you have until your ticket expires to upgrade to an annual pass. My tickets, for example, were valid from September 24-27. I had until September 27 to upgrade to an AP, and the AP expires 365 days from when I upgraded on September 25. You don’t have 364 days to upgrade to an AP since your ticket expires. But you can upgrade anytime until the ticket expiration.

Correct me if I’m not understanding your question, but you have until your ticket expires to upgrade to an annual pass. My tickets, for example, were valid from September 24-27. I had until September 27 to upgrade to an AP, and the AP expires 365 days from when I upgraded on September 25. You don’t have 364 days to upgrade to an AP since your ticket expires. But you can upgrade anytime until the ticket expiration.
You are correct as far as I understand. Your tickets must be upgraded while they are still valid. A lot of people upgrade their tickets as the last thing they do before they leave the park on the last day of their visit.

Oh this is good to know. I thought for some reason you could retroactively apply what you already spent on tickets to the annual pass.

Just to clarify, did you use the ticket on September 24? Because if you did, the AP expires 1 year from the first use, not one year from the upgrade on the 25th. Basically upgrading makes it like you bought an AP from the beginning, which puts your start date at the start of your ticket.

Just to clarify, did you use the ticket on September 24? Because if you did, the AP expires 1 year from the first use, not one year from the upgrade on the 25th. Basically upgrading makes it like you bought an AP from the beginning, which puts your start date at the start of your ticket.

I used the ticket on the 24th and upgraded on the 25th. The Universal app says that my pass is valid September 25, 2021 through September 25, 2022.

Ok. Thanks. So you have to upgrade while the ticket is still valid?
If I understand correctly if you have a 1 day ticket for the 29th and you use it on the 29th you have to upgrade before the park closes on the 29th.

Can you upgrade your AP type? Say we decide we want to buy a season pass AP, but later we realize we really want a higher one, can you upgrade it?

Firm yes on upgrading an annual pass. We went on a blackout date back in January. My son had a seasonal pass, so we paid the $50 difference to upgrade to a power pass. The expiration date stayed the same as the original pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter