~UPDATED!.Just Back From Disney!!!~ Boy Do I Have Some Things That I Observed!!!!!!!~

I normally go in cooler months, so I never saw a real clothing problem, but I have no doubt that it could get pretty bad.

I hate cigarette smoke, but I have not seen too many smoking where they shouldn't.(Thank goodness)

Stroller rage is getting to be worse than road rage, especially at parade time. I think stroler lanes would be great, but the ragers would never use them. :confused3

Lots of people have problems that would allow them to hop out of a wheel chair but not allow them to walk a whole park and trust me, doing the park in a wheel chair or a ecv in not fun. It is slow and the view is terrible.

doubletrouble_vb said:
A couple of things...if you are of a certain age you should remember that in the past women wore micro mini's, hot pants and halters...so being scantily clad is just a revisit to the fashions of the late sixties and seventies.

That's fine for women, but how can a parent allow their child to walk around like that?

Hey Janet!! :wave: Very nice meeting you at AK the other day, along with Coral, (m&m's mom), and her family again. Coral, your girls have grown so much since I met them in Dallas some years back. And great to meet you and your hubby too, Misty, there in MGM as I was leaving. Wow, lots of memories on this thread. :cool1:

I agree with a number of the points mentioned here, Janet. This past week, I have been under the impression that there was an international cleavage contest being held in WDW. And many of the 'ladies' were trying their best to win. Not just fashion décolleté, but trashy look, and all ages, young teens to 'ladies' in the 50's, maybe older. And double, they looked pigs.

And smoking. One clod was smoking ahead of Feralpeg, her DD, Kendall and I yesterday as we walked across the hub. Kendall, was coughing all day from bronchitis and is alergic to smoke. I asked, politely, if the guy would either put it out or go to a smoking area. He looked at me, glaringly, like I had three heads. He said, 'no'. I told him I would ask a CM to ask him. I did, she did. He put it out in his hand :rolleyes:, calling me an ******* as he did. Nice family man. :rolleyes2

Dan Murphy said:
And smoking. One clod was smoking ahead of Feralpeg, her DD, Kendall and I yesterday as we walked across the hub. Kendall, was coughing all day from bronchitis and is alergic to smoke. I asked, politely, if the guy would either put it out or go to a smoking area. He looked at me, glaringly, like I had three heads. He said, 'no'. I told him I would ask a CM to ask him. I did, she did. He put it out in his hand :rolleyes:, calling me an ******* as he did. Nice family man. :rolleyes2

He put it out in his hand?! Ouch! I guess he showed you :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I've never witnessed the smoking thing at WDW--I hope I never do! But the rest of it, the barely there clothing, the stroller rage, the squabbling families etc.--Yep! I've seen all of that. I don't think I have ever been to WDW when I haven't witnessed very upset families yelling at each other. It is the reality of the trip though--people try to do too much, on too little sleep, with not enough breaks for rest and food. Kids can easily meltdown at WDW. It is an overwhelming place for many.

But truly, Dsiney will have to get a firm grip on people like the guy Dan encountered. When they don't follow the rules, they ruin it for many others which is always so sad.

My parents quit working at Dollywood 2 weeks ago because of the actions of older children, teens and adults who don't care to either keep up with their kids or discipline those children. It ruins the CM's jobs and it ruins the magic for park visitors.

Dan Murphy said:
Hey Janet!! :wave: Very nice meeting you at AK the other day, along with Coral, (m&m's mom), and her family again. Coral, your girls have grown so much since I met them in Dallas some years back. And great to meet you and your hubby too, Misty, there in MGM as I was leaving. Wow, lots of memories on this thread. :cool1:

I agree with a number of the points mentioned here, Janet. This past week, I have been under the impression that there was an international cleavage contest being held in WDW. And many of the 'ladies' were trying their best to win. Not just fashion décolleté, but trashy look, and all ages, young teens to 'ladies' in the 50's, maybe older. And double, they looked pigs.

HI DAN!! :wave: really nice to meet you all to! althou I felt like I have known you for years... :teeth: I just wish I felt better so Icould have stayed longer......as it was, I went back to my resort and slept the night away.

but I will see you in Boston at the meet.....is the place and time set as of yet??
TTYS....
~Janet

My husband and I have talked about this how manners in general just are appalling. It'a me, me, me world!

Dan Murphy said:

:earseek: He put it out on his hand!?!?! Geez!

I'm so jealous of you guys! I wish I was there so I could have met all of you too! I'm glad you all seemed to have a great time though - but then again...how could you not? ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

disneyworld! said:
oh, another question for ya all.....At what point did the Disney Parks go back to a "SMOKING" park? it use to be destinated areas for smoking...now they are just lighting up in lines, walking down the street, I was seeing cig butts all over the place!!!!
I am a smoker and I was amazed at the number of people that were smoking outside of the smoking areas on our last trip. I NEVER smoke around children but I saw a very young mother holding what looked like a newborn and smoking within inches of his face right in front of the castle. I am a smoker but I don't think that anyone around me should have to worry about it. I hope that Disney cracks down on this problem. The way I look at it if you can't wait to get to a smoking area then you should be in the parks!

I have to differ. I just spent 4 days at the parks with my son, dil, daughter and sil and grandchildren (7 and 6 belong to son) and 4 months (belongs to daughter. My kids were so incredibly well behaved. Never asked for anything, never whined, never complained even though they were frequently told they had to wait for Aunt Sarah and/or Nana and Papa. We noticed a lot of bikini tops but mostly on young girls. I was focused on my incredibly beautiful grandchildren, but I really did not notice any bad behavior on the part of kids or their parents. We had a wonderful time.

Smoking outside the designated areas is bad enough but walking around smoking with the butt held down at the side is worse. That butt is right at a child's face level. My DB got very upset with a smoker whose inconsiderte smoking came way to close to burning my Dnephew. :sad2:

So sad to hear of the rudeness. I know it must be depressing to witness, or worse be the object of, such selfishness. Disney--as well as other venues--sure could use a 'penalty box'. ;) Swearing, smoking outside of designated areas, pushing/shoving, choice of leaving the park or accept a 'time out'! Dress code should be appropriate. I can't post here what I saw on a T-shirt recently, & this was sported by a 50ish female! the smoking thing, DS16 & DNs 7,21, & 24 all asthmatic & 3 of them very allergic to smoke. As to the sweetheart putting a butt out on his palm :scratchin --bye, bye Mr. 7th grade Macho! Rules should be clearly posted & issued with reservations & tickets decent warnings given & then... There is no excuse for not practicing simple manners really they make practical sense. As Mom used to say, " If you can't behave in public, you won't be out in public." :sunny:

:angel:
Jean

We go to WDW just about every weekend and see so much bad behavior it's not even funny. I could tell you so many stories of kid's peeing in the bushes, my children come close to being burned by cigarettes so many times I lost count (nothing against smoker's, used to be one but I followed the rules), I have had people bump into me and then try to start a fight over it, seen people complain so loudly about having to wait in line for so long that they were ushered up to the front of the line just to get them to shut up, and last weekend we almost had our brand new video recorder ruined by some little girl who thought it was funny to spray everyone sitting next to her during a show.

It seems to get worse and worse and I don't think it will get any better. I try not to get frustrated over it anymore, it just ruins my day.

Oh, and one more rant. Who at WDW thought it was a good idea to sell those light stick things. You know the ones, they start out short but with a snap of the wrist they extend and kids love to swing them around, almost hitting people. I have come home with bruises on my arms before due to putting my arms up so me or the kids didn't get hit.
O.K., rant over :flower:

disneyworld! said:
oh, another question for ya all.....At what point did the Disney Parks go back to a "SMOKING" park? it use to be destinated areas for smoking...now they are just lighting up in lines, walking down the street, I was seeing cig butts all over the place!!!!

??

I have noticed through out the years that the NO SMOKING rules was selectively enforced. When my kids were little I can recall waiting to get into "Honey I Shrunk The Kids". There were adults in line, holding their cigarettes at eye level to most of the children who would be waiting in line. One woman just missed brushing my child in the face. Over the years I have asked CM's to please enforce the no smoking rule even though my kids now tower over me. I have seen too many close calls for little kids.

gshoemate said:

It seems to get worse and worse and I don't think it will get any better. I try not to get frustrated over it anymore, it just ruins my day.

You KNOW its getting worse when other kids comment on it. When the Sky Ride was still strung across the Magic Kingdom, there were kids spitting down on guests! Another time that were a group of about 12 teens loudly chanting through Space Mountain. My kids felt like they were back home at Six Flags. Not Good!

I noticed the rudeness for the first time this year, i had to have a wheelchair for my Mom as she cannot walk far, every where i pushed her people would jump in front of us and generally obstruct our progress, at one point i accidently clipped someone who had just stepped right in front of the chair, there was no way i could avoid the collision, you should have heard the commotion she made, its a good job i'm a Gentleman and have been brought up to respect the fairer sex, or i might have said something, as it was DW stepped in and gave her short shrift. I have been used to in the past pushing a double stroller with the twins in, but this year was a new experience in general rudeness. It upset my Mom so much that she did not accompany us on our last day at MK as she did not want to be a 'nuisance' and get in the way of any one.

gshoemate said:
We go to WDW just about every weekend and see so much bad behavior it's not even funny. I could tell you so many stories of kid's peeing in the bushes, my children come close to being burned by cigarettes so many times I lost count (nothing against smoker's, used to be one but I followed the rules), I have had people bump into me and then try to start a fight over it, seen people complain so loudly about having to wait in line for so long that they were ushered up to the front of the line just to get them to shut up, and last weekend we almost had our brand new video recorder ruined by some little girl who thought it was funny to spray everyone sitting next to her during a show.

Thanks I forgot about the boy urinating in the field right next to the bus stop. OMG!!!!
As a running joke my DH and I would keep our best top 10 "that's so wrong".
Well, the urinating incidence was #1!
It was all in fun.
I was the goof ball wearing the Crocs everyone else was probably adding to their dork list :)

m&m's mom said:
Thanks I forgot about the boy urinating in the field right next to the bus stop. OMG!!!!
As a running joke my DH and I would keep our best top 10 "that's so wrong".
Well, the urinating incidence was #1!
It was all in fun.
I was the goof ball wearing the Crocs everyone else was probably adding to their dork list :)

ya, you were wearing those "things" but you are no dork!!not to worry....
you have tiny feet! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter