FYI not sure if this is the case in other Office Depot/Office Max, but I was only allowed ONE gift card purchase PER DAY at the retail location..

So, even though I have 4 chase cards with the 10% discount, they would only allow me to buy ONE card. Something about AML rules. However, the AML rules are that you cannot buy more than $2k in gift cards a day-- nothing about 1 card/day/person. Maybe it's store specific, maybe it's retailer specific, maybe the employees of the store misunderstood the policy and implemented incorrectly. It was frustrating, to say the least, as I travelled 12 miles away for the lone office depot store in the area.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

FYI not sure if this is the case in other Office Depot/Office Max, but I was only allowed ONE gift card purchase PER DAY at the retail location..

So, even though I have 4 chase cards with the 10% discount, they would only allow me to buy ONE card. Something about AML rules. However, the AML rules are that you cannot buy more than $2k in gift cards a day-- nothing about 1 card/day/person. Maybe it's store specific, maybe it's retailer specific, maybe the employees of the store misunderstood the policy and implemented incorrectly. It was frustrating, to say the least, as I travelled 12 miles away for the lone office depot store in the area.

The offer clearly states Limit 1. Why would you think you were able to buy more?

Office Depot/OfficeMax
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Card for $85
    • Includes: Bath & Body Works, Chili’s, Fandango, Old Navy, Panera Bread, PetSmart, Spafinder and Ulta Beauty
    • Limit 1 per household/business
    • Expires 5/06/23. GCG

The offer clearly states Limit 1. Why would you think you were able to buy more?

Office Depot/OfficeMax
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Card for $85
    • Includes: Bath & Body Works, Chili’s, Fandango, Old Navy, Panera Bread, PetSmart, Spafinder and Ulta Beauty
    • Limit 1 per household/business
    • Expires 5/06/23. GCG
This was for the Chase rewards purchase. It wasn't a select gift card that was cheaper in the store. I purchase on a chase card, and I would receive a credit on my credit card statement.

I have never had a problem buying more than 1 gift card at a store. Only a this particular Office Depot/Office Max, with the employees claiming AML (Anti money laundering) rules (which states that the limit is $2k/pp/day not 1 gift card per person per day). The employees, I believe, unfortunately, did not implement the AML rules correctly. And the store could have made an additional $330 off me, but oh well.

https://www.fincen.gov/resources/st...ntly-asked-questions-regarding-prepaid-access

"The QR code or other technology would need to be limited, as is the transponder in the roadway example, to only the service being advertised. If the parking lot arrangement meets all of the closed loop characteristics, it is also eligible to be excluded from the regulation provided it does not exceed the $2,000 maximum value that can be associated with a prepaid access device or vehicle on any day."

Looks like the Kroger Bath and Body Works $50 for $40 is sold out.

Thanks for posting. I haven't deleted sold out items yet as I was posting new offers. Looks like peeps took advantage of the sale items during the one day 4x fuel which made for a better deal.

1682788133073.png

Japan Rail Pass Price Increase

As of April 14th, JR has announced that the price of the Japan rail pass will increase by 70% in October 2023. If you're planning to travel to Japan between October and December 2023, it's a good idea to purchase your JR Pass before the prices go up.
To learn more go Japan Experience

Edit to add:
Japan ends COVID-19 border controls before Golden Week holidays

Japan lifted its COVID-19 border controls for all arrivals on Saturday, with the decision brought forward by the government in anticipation of an increase in travelers during the annual Golden Week holiday that began the same day.

The change means Japan will no longer require all entrants to present certification of at least three COVID-19 vaccination doses or a negative coronavirus test taken within 72 hours of departure.
To learn more go to Kyodo News

Last edited:
This was for the Chase rewards purchase. It wasn't a select gift card that was cheaper in the store. I purchase on a chase card, and I would receive a credit on my credit card statement.

I have never had a problem buying more than 1 gift card at a store. Only a this particular Office Depot/Office Max, with the employees claiming AML (Anti money laundering) rules (which states that the limit is $2k/pp/day not 1 gift card per person per day). The employees, I believe, unfortunately, did not implement the AML rules correctly. And the store could have made an additional $330 off me, but oh well.

https://www.fincen.gov/resources/st...ntly-asked-questions-regarding-prepaid-access

"The QR code or other technology would need to be limited, as is the transponder in the roadway example, to only the service being advertised. If the parking lot arrangement meets all of the closed loop characteristics, it is also eligible to be excluded from the regulation provided it does not exceed the $2,000 maximum value that can be associated with a prepaid access device or vehicle on any day."
Ah gotcha, I think the employee was just confused or that store had a separate limit. Some stores have been putting limits, mostly because of people falling to gift card scams over the phone, etc. Sorry to hear that, but not unheard of.

View attachment 756973

Japan Rail Pass Price Increase

As of April 14th, JR has announced that the price of the Japan rail pass will increase by 70% in October 2023. If you're planning to travel to Japan between October and December 2023, it's a good idea to purchase your JR Pass before the prices go up.
To learn more go Japan Experience

Edit to add:
Japan ends COVID-19 border controls before Golden Week holidays

Japan lifted its COVID-19 border controls for all arrivals on Saturday, with the decision brought forward by the government in anticipation of an increase in travelers during the annual Golden Week holiday that began the same day.

The change means Japan will no longer require all entrants to present certification of at least three COVID-19 vaccination doses or a negative coronavirus test taken within 72 hours of departure.
To learn more go to Kyodo News
Oh my! This is disappointing! I have never managed to get one despite how often I go haha. Hmmm maybe I should pick one up real quick.... Also, I saw about the border controls! Will make my life much easier in June!

Last Call!

Safeway
CVS
  • Spend $50 on Select Gift Cards & Get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards
    • Includes: Domino’s, Express or Wayfair
    • Limit of 1 per household with card.
    • Choose from various denominations
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 4/29/23. Post #15556
Dollar General
  • Save 10% on Select Gift Cards
Price Chopper In-store & Online
  • Earn 8x Points on ALL Choice, Giving Good and Spa Finder Gift Cards
    • Online - Blackhawk Network
    • Weekly ad
    • Excludes Price Chopper, Market Bistro, Market 32, variable rate Mastercard & Visa cards and general purpose reloadable cards.
    • Expires 4/29/23. Post #15471
Rite Aid
  • Buy $25 Uber & Uber Eats Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Limit 2
  • Buy $50 Barnes & Noble & Michaels Gift Cards & Get $10 BonusCash
ShopRite
  • Buy $50 or more in Select Choice Gift Cards & get $10 off your next shopping order
    • Includes: Cheers to You, Food & Laughs, Game & Grub, Happy Birthday,Happy B-Day, Let’s Eat, Retail Therapy, Thank You, Treat Yourself and Yay You
    • Must be one transaction. Limit one per customer.
    • Outside Maryland - Expires 4/29/23
    • Post #15565
Staples
  • Buy $200 Mastercard Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee

Last edited:
Applebee’s In-Restaurant & Online - YMMV

1682816352655.png
  • Buy $50 Applebee’s Gift Card & Get $10 Bonus card
    • Bonus card EXPIRES 8/6/23.
    • In-Restaurant: AL, FL, GA & TX
    • Online via Cashstar
    • Limit one card per party, per table, per visit.
    • Expires 6/25/23.

I had that happen once when a manager was at checkout. Went to another OD and never had an issue. A few months later I went back to the first and haven't had an issue (also, have not had that manager at checkout).

Just don't fight it, try coming back another time and see if someone else is there or try a different store.

My Office Depot won’t let me purchases gift cards on two separate Chase cards in the same day either. They said it was store policy due to fraud.
That's a bummer. I bet they would allow you purchase merchandise on two separate Chase cards on the same day, though.

LAX

That's a bummer. I bet they would allow you purchase merchandise on two separate Chase cards on the same day, though.

LAX
Yeah, but the poor saps who are getting scammed buying gift cards for their overseas ‘girlfriends/boyfriends’ aren’t buying merchandise. The stores are trying to protect those people fro themselves, but sadly they can’t be helped. Basically they can’t totally stop those people from buying gift cards, but they can try to limit the damage.

Added Offers ~ 4/30/23

Discount District

Fareway

1682867375624.png

• Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Fareway Gift Card
    • Includes: Applebee's, Bath & Body Works, Choice Happy Moments, Darden, Kohl's, Panera, Sephora and Xbox
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer Valid 5/01/23 - 5/13/23.

GIANT/Giant Food/Martin’s/Stop & Shop
GIANT

1682868022066.png

• Earn 4x Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Brinker, Nordstrom, Spa Week, The Cheesecake Factory, TJX and Ulta
    • GIANT Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 5/05/23 - 5/18/23.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter