Question anyone that uses the disney giftcard.com website do you leave your gift cards in there with the balance or do you just do it for transfers and then delete everything
I’ve always transferred it to a main card but always kept the main card with the balance on there….. thinking that’s not the safest now that I should just delete it since I have the actual plastic gift card
I personally like to delete all my cards immediately after moving balances around. The 2019 D+ hack is pretty scary. I lost access to a popular gaming website and with a few minutes of internet sleuthing I discovered hundreds of text files containing all users' emails, plaintext passwords, IP addresses, and DOBs on a popular internet archive website from a hack the website went though a decade ago. Not even a sketchy website and no downloading required. Just out there for anyone to find, even a decade later. I imagine D+ info is not so easy to find but someone with malicious intent would have no trouble, I'm sure.

Now I am trying to get in the habit of changing all important passwords regularly. It's not a matter if if your account information will be sold at some point, it's when.

Can someone catch me up on Target discounts? I have a Target account, and just added the Target app to my phone. Do I need to do anything else?

I used to have a Target credit card years ago but Target closed it for inactivity. I'm thinking about getting the debit card. Does the debit (or credit) card get any discounts besides the 5 percent?

Can someone catch me up on Target discounts? I have a Target account, and just added the Target app to my phone. Do I need to do anything else?

I used to have a Target credit card years ago but Target closed it for inactivity. I'm thinking about getting the debit card. Does the debit (or credit) card get any discounts besides the 5 percent?
Some of the Target offers are only for red card holders. For instance, they did a 10% off of GCs this fall that was targeted to red card folks, although some people who had recently closed red cards got it, too.

For me, the 5% is a no-brainer because you don't even have to worry about remembering to redeem. The fact that it just comes off the top makes it easier than just about every other card I deal with.

An update on the Capital One Spring happy cards 6% discount code: They have now restricted the codes to only work on the Happy Moments, Let's Eat, Food & Laughs, Game & Grub, Happy Holidays, and Thank You cards.

So you will not be able to use the 6% with the Amex Happy discount anymore to purchase a Happy Treats card which was the only one you could use in store at Gamestop to purchase a Disney gift card.

I am assuming they saw that 99% of the people using these codes were purchasing happy treats cards which was why they restricted them. It wouldn't shock me if they get rid of the Happy Treats card altogether some time in the future.

Some of the Target offers are only for red card holders. For instance, they did a 10% off of GCs this fall that was targeted to red card folks, although some people who had recently closed red cards got it, too.

For me, the 5% is a no-brainer because you don't even have to worry about remembering to redeem. The fact that it just comes off the top makes it easier than just about every other card I deal with.

Thanks for this. So much is new since I had a Target credit card. Does the debit card count as a "red card" to the same extent as a credit card? I see that Target is offering $40 for opening a new card--is that a good offer or might it be worth waiting a bit?

I am not in a huge hurry (I don't think; I might be missing something key) because I still have about $200 in Target GCs from a few years ago. Target is not the best for daily stuff here so I don't think I had even been in a Target for a few years--I went in yesterday "just to look" at one particular thing and walked out spending a fair amount on Christmas decor. For some reason their selection of little Christmas things is speaking to me this year. Maybe it's four kids with their own (very small) homes to decorate. And the things do seem relatively well made for costing $5ish.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this and would caution anyone who is a heavy purchaser/user/combiner of Disney GCs to be careful. In addition to myself, I now know of two other heavy users who have had the exact same experience that I did with my $2500 in GCs being voided. I can't speak for their passwords, but my Disney password and my checking account password are two unique passwords. Disney has also suspended all my in-app purchasing abilities since this incident, including mobile order, Genie+, etc. At no time did Disney do anything like ask me about recent purchases with my GCs or to verify anything. They wouldn't give me any information at all as to the balances on my cards, and didn't mention any fraudulent transactions ever occuring. They simply demanded proof of purchase for every GC ever purchased and combined, but refused to tell me the GC numbers so I could search through my receipts to find the correct ones. After I refused to provide anything and started calling multiple times a day, they finally refunded all of my money with no explanation. Asset Protection refused to ever return any of my phone calls or emails. I am not a tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely believe they are targeting frequent users and buyers of GCs, and you have to get really nasty with them to get your money back.

ETA: Never received any emails about "You've transferred a gift card" or "You deleted a gift card" because Disney never transferred or deleted any of my cards. They were all still in my account, just all showing with balances of $-.--

Oof - that doesn't sound fun at all. I'm glad you were made whole. Were you ever able to establish whether there was any fraud on your account? It sounds kind of like your actual, legitimate activity (buying, combining gift cards) flagged Disney's fraud algorithm and they thought you were the fraudster.

I got an email from Citi for my Double Cash card to earn 10% in statement credits up to $25, through 12/31/22. Activate by 12/20 and purchases must post during the promotional period.
Eligible purchases made at:
* consumer electronic stores
* department stores
* clothing stores
* game stores, hobby and toy stores
I got similar on my Cit AA Biz - 5x on Consumer electronics stores up to 2,500 points. I'm not even sure what counts as consumer electronics - maybe Best Buy?

Does the debit card count as a "red card" to the same extent as a credit card?

It gets the same benefits, yes. Charges come straight out of your checking account rather than waiting and paying a credit card bill.

I see that Target is offering $40 for opening a new card--is that a good offer or might it be worth waiting a bit?

There often isn't *any* extra bonus for opening, so that sounds pretty good.

Thanks for this. So much is new since I had a Target credit card. Does the debit card count as a "red card" to the same extent as a credit card? I see that Target is offering $40 for opening a new card--is that a good offer or might it be worth waiting a bit?

I am not in a huge hurry (I don't think; I might be missing something key) because I still have about $200 in Target GCs from a few years ago. Target is not the best for daily stuff here so I don't think I had even been in a Target for a few years--I went in yesterday "just to look" at one particular thing and walked out spending a fair amount on Christmas decor. For some reason their selection of little Christmas things is speaking to me this year. Maybe it's four kids with their own (very small) homes to decorate. And the things do seem relatively well made for costing $5ish.
I love having the debit red card as you can get cash back at self checkout up to $40 and I just scan my phone. No fumbling for my debit card and PIN number, having to stop at the regular ATM, no bill to remember to pay. I'm team credit card for just about anything else but none of the credit red card benefits seemed worth opening another one to me over the debit card.

Welcome back, Fox! How was your trip? :welcome:

Thank you! And thanks for asking. :hug:

I felt a little off the day before we flew out. I'm glad my Doc supplied me with just in case meds. I took Sudafed & a few whiffs of Afrin 2 hours before our flight and during take off I could feel my right ear plugging up. This is never a good sign. I felt slight pressure when we landed but no pain. First couple of days I took it easy, slept in, ate well and drank lots of water.
Oct 27th we attended MNSSHP, it was 90° and very humid. This is where things get fuzzy, I think we were let in at 3:45 or 3:50 :confused3
We made a bee line to Liberty Tree for dinner which is always wonderful. I made sure to drink lots of water during & after. Then we went shopping and finally headed towards Fantasyland to enjoy our night. In that short time and distance my mind turned foggy, my speech slurred and I had this intense headache. The pain was like lightning, it was on the right side in my head, then went to my eye and down in my ear. It was a constant shooting pain. DH & DS took me to the First Aid station and shortly I was carted off to ER in an ambulance. Again foggy here but I think we left the ER around 11pm :confused3
Trifecta: Heat stroke, flu and sinus infection!​
WDW was amazing, they kept in touch with DH until he gave the all clear and they credited or refunded our party tickets? I'll look into it. I feel REALLY bad this event was ruined for my menfolk, MNSSHP has always been the highlight of our fall vacation since my son was five years old. Even though he's nineteen the memories he has with his grandpa there resonates deeply. No matter the changes, Halloween time at WDW will be in his heart always and as parents, it's something that we nurture.
Oct 30th, my birthday and I was hosting a private HHN RIP Tour!
I kept my group informed as did DH. I did attend and had a really good time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. I held out as long as I could.
Universal was just as wonderful, they credited my 5 day park-to-park tickets to non-expiring. We stayed at Royal Pacific Club Level and they made sure I had fresh plain oatmeal everyday. It was the only thing I could keep down.

I'm glad to be back home and with my puppy Sherlock! We pick Watson up on Monday.

I felt a little off the day before we flew out. I'm glad my Doc supplied me with just in case meds. I took Sudafed & a few whiffs of Afrin 2 hours before our flight and during take off I could feel my right ear plugging up. This is never a good sign. I felt slight pressure when we landed but no pain. First couple of days I took it easy, slept in, ate well and drank lots of water.
Oct 27th we attended MNSSHP, it was 90° and very humid. This is where things get fuzzy, I think we were let in at 3:45 or 3:50 :confused3
We made a bee line to Liberty Tree for dinner which is always wonderful. I made sure to drink lots of water during & after. Then we went shopping and finally headed towards Fantasyland to enjoy our night. In that short time and distance my mind turned foggy, my speech slurred and I had this intense headache. The pain was like lightning, it was on the right side in my head, then went to my eye and down in my ear. It was a constant shooting pain. DH & DS took me to the First Aid station and shortly I was carted off to ER in an ambulance. Again foggy here but I think we left the ER around 11pm :confused3
WDW was amazing, they kept in touch with DH until he gave the all clear and they credited or refunded our party tickets? I'll look into it. I feel REALLY bad this event was ruined for my menfolk, MNSSHP has always been the highlight of our fall vacation since my son was five years old. Even though he's nineteen the memories he has with his grandpa there resonates deeply. No matter the changes, Halloween time at WDW will be in his heart always and as parents, it's something that we nurture.
I kept my group informed as did DH. I did attend and had a really good time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. I held out as long as I could.
Universal was just as wonderful, they credited my 5 day park-to-park tickets to non-expiring. We stayed at Royal Pacific Club Level and they made sure I had fresh plain oatmeal everyday. It was the only thing I could keep down.

I'm glad to be back home and with my puppy Sherlock! We pick Watson up on Monday.
OMG, glad you're feeling better and WDW and Universal were so accomodating!

Does anyone have a link to the Sam's club black Friday ad?
I've seen just the preview ad, that doesn't have the $$$ amounts for the Disney Gift Cards... just that they will be one of the door busters.

I'll be going for them, whatever the price... be great if CashApp did Sams's the week. ;) But not sure what the odds are on being one of the lucky few...

Oh goodness! You really got put through the wringer! I'm so sorry your trip didn't go as you'd planned or hoped. Germs are the worst. I'm glad you got some of your tickets and such credited or converted to something usable in the future. I hope you're feeling better now that you're home :hug:

Sorry to hear you had a less-than-ideal vacation, but I'm glad you were well cared for at least.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling good during your trip and I hope you're feeling better. It's good to hear WDW and Universal worked with you a little so you could recoup some of the costs, but it is never fun to plan such a wonderful trip and getting sick puts a kink in the plans :( .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter