I know that Target has stopped allowing this, but can you purchase a Disney Gift Card with a Walmart Gift Card at Walmart? (I don't have a Sams).

Chase Ultimate Rewards Offer that I got on my Chase Southwest just now doing "research": Earn $25 back on your BJ's Wholesale purchase, when you spend $150 or more. Oh, expires 1/7/2020.

Gonna get 3x$50 Disney GC to use tomorrow at DLR!
That's the same deal posted about before, they keep extending it out. So for those of us who already used it, it's still used up and not a new one.

And I assume you'll be heading to a store if you're using right away, but I'll just mention for the group that a good amount of folks had trouble with doing an online order of multiple cards where they got split charges. If the charges come out less than $150 then it's not automatically crediting since it's a one time use offer and not a cumulative. But at least one report of success getting a manual credit when they SMd Chase about it.

If it's available and you care to squeeze every last percent, I believe the $100 DGC is still a higher discount than the $50. (but talking a 1% difference) And probably goes without saying but I say it anyway, remember that the charge to your card has to be at least $150 so you'll have to throw something else in your cart to get over the threshold since the GCs are discounted.

Have fun at DLR!

@havaneselover - Your original Post #43415

"I'm in need of xbox gift cards for DS (I told him I'd trade him his $90 in Disney gift cards for xbox gift card). Looks like Xbox is considered entertainment:) "

Is this offer a better deal?
Newegg: Buy 1 Month Xbox Game Pass Gift Card & Get 1 Month Xbox Game Pass Promo Card Free Link - Please read the details.
So I only partly understand his need for Xbox gift cards but apparently he uses them to buy NBA2K 20 VC which gets you players. Then he auctions some of the players for MT to buy other players. Sometimes VC is on sales at gamestop or BB so I just buy the VC. But the kid has spent a small fortune on NBA2K 20. I think it's ridiculous, but I also budget a certain amount for birthdays and Christmas and if he wants to spend it on Xbox, I let him.

I know that Target has stopped allowing this, but can you purchase a Disney Gift Card with a Walmart Gift Card at Walmart? (I don't have a Sams).
You should, but there have been sporadic reports on occasion that someone hasn't been able. It's not widespread yet as far as I know so should be good to try. But I'd definitely try it out small first to make sure your stores are good.

It's definitely something that's changing so like all things, it could end any time so don't wait unnecessarily and be prepared for if it ends suddenly like Target did.

Consolidating your Disney Gift Cards (DGC) via disneygiftcard.com

View attachment 462668
After purchasing your DGC’s it’s recommended you create an account to ensure your balance is correct and/or your DGC is activated. If you do not have time to do this right away be sure to staple your receipt to the packaging or secure in a Ziploc bag.

Fair Warning
  • Some have reported gc’s were not activated when purchased and had to go back to the store to resolve. Receipt may be required.
  • Also reported when buying gc’s through “discounted websites” Disney requested proof of purchase prior to adding funds back onto the cards. You can read more about that: here
Setting Up an Account
To get started, setup an account at DisneyGiftCard.com by clicking Login in the top left corner of the home page.
View attachment 462670

When Woody asks you if you would like to login or setup a new account, click the Setup Account button.
View attachment 462671

Enter your name, email address, and desired password and click the Create Account button to create your account.
View attachment 462672

You’ll receive an email with a verification code. Copy and paste that into the verification page and click the Submit button.
View attachment 462673

You’ll be taken to the home base for managing your Disney gift cards. This is also where you will start the next time you login.
View attachment 462674

Consolidating Disney Gift Cards
You can only transfer the full balance of a gift card so if you have smaller gift cards intended for kids to use for souvenirs and treats, you may want to set those cards aside before you begin.

Let’s get started!

Once you have logged into the site and are at your home base, you will need to add your first card.

View attachment 462675

Your card will now show up on the right side of the screen under My Cards and you can add your second card.

Transfer the balance from your second card to the first card. Delete the second card once it has a $0 balance. Repeat until your first card has a $1,000 value or you run out of gift cards.
View attachment 462677

Tips & Recommendations
Take at least one or two empty cards with you when traveling (or save the e-gift card). If you lose/misplace your primary card you can go online and transfer the remaining balance onto the empty one.

Keep a spreadsheet and label your gc’s. When paying for your resort and special event tickets it’s important to label your gc’s and save them after use. If you end up having to cancel your trip the monies will be put back onto the cards. Same rule applies when purchasing merchandise and returning them. If you forget your original card, Disney may give you a Disney Store Merchandise Gift Card which can only be used on merchandise.

Label’s include: RESORT, SPECIAL EVENTS, SHOPPING
Thank you so much for the new thread!

When transferring gift card balances there is an easier way. Once you have added your first card, click on "manage cards" and select transfer balance. It will list your cards, but there will also be a blue button "enter card information". Click on this and you enter the card information and you can transfer to a particular card. No need to add a card, then transfer, then delete. It's a lot quicker, especially when you have multiple cards to enter!

No sams club near me either, but I use samsclub.com- there are many deals to offset the membership fee, and being able to order online is 100% worth it for me (I hate physically trekking into stores - save your time and gas!)

Cashback (CB) Portals
TopCashBack - better return than Ibotta or Rakuten. GCs excluded though
Ibotta - GCs are excluded however in the past when they've offered CB for Sam's Club in store, the amount of GCs were included

This has worked for me with WM Pay when I have the GC already loaded in the app.
You should, but there have been sporadic reports on occasion that someone hasn't been able. It's not widespread yet as far as I know so should be good to try. But I'd definitely try it out small first to make sure your stores are good.

It's definitely something that's changing so like all things, it could end any time so don't wait unnecessarily and be prepared for if it ends suddenly like Target did.

When it comes to Walmart, I’m absolutely clueless and do have questions:

WM Pay you’re referring to Walmart Pay App?

For DP’s, should I list Walmart as YMMV when buying gift cards with gift cards in store and online? Is this a fair assessment?

For DP’s, should I list Walmart as YMMV when buying gift cards with gift cards in store and online? Is this a fair assessment?
I load my Walmart GCs on my Walmart account and then use the Walmart Pay feature within the Walmart app at checkout.

I hesitate to say YMMV but really, there are no absolutes anywhere. Even when 99% of people had no trouble with Target there were still reports of individual stores with issues. Same with Best Buy. I kinda feel like Walmart is like that vs things like BBB, GameStop, Safeway etc which are very hit or miss and what I consider YMMV. Unless I missed something, WM is still way more hits than misses but I hesitate to go absolutes with anything in this game regarding GC > GC. Hence my advice for WM is usually that it should work but double check for yourself at your stores.

Chase Offer
Lucky’s Market: Save 10% On Up To $50 Of Spend. Targeted, Expires 1/10/20
Link

I've never heard of this grocery store before and when googling it seems they're expanding! Here's their direct link

Also 3-5 biz days for delivery from BJ's is accurate as mine is schedule to be delivered on the 4th business day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter