Update- Revoked: Lyft $10/ride discounts weekend evenings thru year end, select markets

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
DoC posted this today: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/free...des-in-nov-dec-ny-il-fl-co-ma-pa-dc-mo-ga-tx/

Different codes for different weekends, valid at nighttime starting at 5pm it looks like, each code good for $10 one-way ride & can use twice. WDW is in the eligible market! If you're interested plug the code into your Lyft app now because there are a limited amount of codes. Between our 2 accounts we'll save $40 on our Lyfts for our weekend in WDW! (we're Lyfting for dinner reservations that weekend.) Comments suggest more codes will be released every Thurs at 2pm EST by Budweiser on their Facebook & Instagram.

Does anyone know if Lyft discounts will combine with Minnie Van usage? I thought I saw a data point saying they do but I'd like confirmation on that.

DoC posted this today: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/free...des-in-nov-dec-ny-il-fl-co-ma-pa-dc-mo-ga-tx/

Different codes for different weekends, valid at nighttime starting at 5pm it looks like, each code good for $10 one-way ride & can use twice. WDW is in the eligible market! If you're interested plug the code into your Lyft app now because there are a limited amount of codes. Between our 2 accounts we'll save $40 on our Lyfts for our weekend in WDW! (we're Lyfting for dinner reservations that weekend.) Comments suggest more codes will be released every Thurs at 2pm EST by Budweiser on their Facebook & Instagram.

Does anyone know if Lyft discounts will combine with Minnie Van usage? I thought I saw a data point saying they do but I'd like confirmation on that.
I just tried to enter the codes and they're all claimed. There was a limit of 10K per code. I hope they put out more.

Hopefully no one else here got these weekend Budweiser codes for Lyft rides. Lyft just erased them from everyone's accounts and says they won't honor them because 3rd parties picked up the codes.

Hopefully no one else here got these weekend Budweiser codes for Lyft rides. Lyft just erased them from everyone's accounts and says they won't honor them because 3rd parties picked up the codes.

That is ridiculous!!!! Sorry Lyft but you're a tech-savvy transport company - you should have been able to predict and expect and stop exploitation of your own systems... :(
I would be infuriated with this - have you reached out to customer service in any way for some goodwill?

That is ridiculous!!!! Sorry Lyft but you're a tech-savvy transport company - you should have been able to predict and expect and stop exploitation of your own systems... :(
I would be infuriated with this - have you reached out to customer service in any way for some goodwill?
Oh yeah, I thought it was worth a shot last night. So, most people got an email explaining what why their codes were revoked, I didn't get one but saw on Reddit what was happening. So I reached out on Twitter (which was very helpful to me in previous bad Lyft experiences a couple years ago) via DM last night (I updated the post here on the DIS when it became apparent this was widespread)...
"I had a promo code for X dates for 2 $10 off rides and it disappeared, what happened?"
Silence.
an hour later "technical glitch?"
Silence.
this morning for kicks and giggles at this point "Is anyone manning this twitter handle anymore?"
Response! "You should have received an email. Check your junk and spam email."
"I didn't get an email, I did check spam & junk folders, no email."
"You should receive an email shortly"- and then I was given a "How did Lyft DM work for you today?" survey *jaw drop* They actually terminated the conversation on me because I dared ask what happened to my promo code. Yeah- they got a 0 and a piece of my mind on that survey. (Obviously I know what happened following the deal sites but still, I'd never been treated that badly DMing a company on Twitter so that was new.) And, I feel really bad for people who aren't actively monitoring that sort of thing, got the code from a friend or whatever and they'll find out when they're charged the $10 the promo code was revoked.

Oh yeah, I thought it was worth a shot last night. So, most people got an email explaining what why their codes were revoked, I didn't get one but saw on Reddit what was happening. So I reached out on Twitter (which was very helpful to me in previous bad Lyft experiences a couple years ago) via DM last night (I updated the post here on the DIS when it became apparent this was widespread)...
"I had a promo code for X dates for 2 $10 off rides and it disappeared, what happened?"
Silence.
an hour later "technical glitch?"
Silence.
this morning for kicks and giggles at this point "Is anyone manning this twitter handle anymore?"
Response! "You should have received an email. Check your junk and spam email."
"I didn't get an email, I did check spam & junk folders, no email."
"You should receive an email shortly"- and then I was given a "How did Lyft DM work for you today?" survey *jaw drop* They actually terminated the conversation on me because I dared ask what happened to my promo code. Yeah- they got a 0 and a piece of my mind on that survey. (Obviously I know what happened following the deal sites but still, I'd never been treated that badly DMing a company on Twitter so that was new.) And, I feel really bad for people who aren't actively monitoring that sort of thing, got the code from a friend or whatever and they'll find out when they're charged the $10 the promo code was revoked.
How terrible! UGH guess that's another reason to not sign up for Lyft! No Minnie Vans for us.

How terrible! UGH guess that's another reason to not sign up for Lyft! No Minnie Vans for us.
I'm disappointed but I haven't heard any Minnie Van specific awfulness yet, if I had kids and needed a car seat to get around WDW I'd use the Minnie Van Service. But I don't, so I don't have to have anything more to do with Lyft.

That is ridiculous!!!! Sorry Lyft but you're a tech-savvy transport company - you should have been able to predict and expect and stop exploitation of your own systems... l?
That's exactly what they did. Sounds like the coupons were voided before use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter