UPDATE: Rant about the GCH...and Undergarment Thief

Well, very happy to report that I received an email from the GM tonight and he was generous with the room discount a night on top of the Cabana refund. It was unexpected and a nice surprise. He also informed me that they are conducting an investigation in conjunction with Security on the theft. I don't care about getting my underwear back obviously :crazy2: but I think it's important that they take things like this seriously. We have to use our key cards to access the pool, the ice/vending machines and the other laundry room. If they are going to leave a place perpetually unlocked, things like this will happen eventually. Maybe it's time to change the procedure. Either which way, the room fee adjustment & the investigation made me feel like I was heard. Which was really the point. We love the GCH. Never had any complaints before. And now I won't about this going forward. Yay!!!

Good points! I think I was just a little miffed that he "poo-poo'd" the experience of having personal undergarments stolen through what is obviously an unlocked door - and cared initially more about the Cabana Host interaction. For me (obviously) losing 2.5 days at the Parks feeling, uh, NOT put together was way more of a guest service bummer than the CM attitude poolside. I would have preferred he answer me truthfully saying it was always unlocked, rather than giving me an "I'll look into that" kind of answer followed by "besides, no one from the street could find it anyway!" Just didn't feel like a genuine response. Really a brush off. And if the other laundry had been operational, the theft honestly probably wouldn't have happened. IMO

And I'm not going to ask at this point, but yes, it would have been nice if he had refunded the two nights I had to survive without panties. That would've definitely made me a happy camper, cause it sucked!! Can't tell you how much I'd start sweating right before the dreaded...

"TUG ON THE YELLOW STRAP...PUSH UP ON THE BAR"...!!!

My DH still yells both around the house just to watch me turn red....:rotfl2:
You should have ubered to target. 😬

Well, we didn't have a vehicle on site and there was nothing in DTD. I honestly didn't think about delivery at the time - silly, cause Amazon delivers everything, right? If it hadn't been so late at night and if we weren't at the last two days of the trip, I probably would've tried to take a taxi somewhere. I just didn't want to interrupt the whole family vacation, spending the time and money away dealing with underwear issues. But no, it was most definitely not the end of the world. It's getting funnier (for the whole family) as the days pass!
I would have thought somewhere in DTD would have had some....but maybe not. Maybe next time wear some of your husbands ;) kidding. Hopefully there won’t be a next time!

Well, very happy to report that I received an email from the GM tonight and he was generous with the room discount a night on top of the Cabana refund. It was unexpected and a nice surprise. He also informed me that they are conducting an investigation in conjunction with Security on the theft. I don't care about getting my underwear back obviously :crazy2: but I think it's important that they take things like this seriously. We have to use our key cards to access the pool, the ice/vending machines and the other laundry room. If they are going to leave a place perpetually unlocked, things like this will happen eventually. Maybe it's time to change the procedure. Either which way, the room fee adjustment & the investigation made me feel like I was heard. Which was really the point. We love the GCH. Never had any complaints before. And now I won't about this going forward. Yay!!!

I'm glad to hear they compensated you for your troubles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!