UPDATE----Help with DC discount on Snow White DVD

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
Went to TDS tonight and shopped for xmas presents. I purchased 3 sets of the snow white dvd. Tried to use my Disney Club card and the manager said it wasn't valid on pre-orders. (I previously ordered Snow White a few weeks ago and was able to use my DC Card. ) I showed the lady my receipt and she said I shouldn't have been given the discount. I said OK, payed for my things and left. The more I thought about it the more I thought that I was entitled to that discount. My question to you is this.....If I am, how do I go about getting my refund? (Since it was the manager who checked me out) I spent $81 dollars so it's only $8 but $8 is $8!!! The next closest Disney Store is about 8 hours away. Oh, I payed in Disney Dollars but that shouldn't make a difference should it??

Thanks for your help!!

I just pre ordered my SW DVD using the DC card.
They are running a promotion where you get 20% off using your card,
but that is not good on pre- orders. I did get the 10% discount. Maybe they
were confused between the two. I would go back
with you card and talk to another Cast member who can help you get a refund on
the difference.
Good Luck

Went back and tried to talk to the manager again and she remembered me from last night. I went in prepared with my Disney Club book which states that the DC card is not valid on art, collectibles, mini bean bag plush, Theme park passes, Disney Dollars, gift certs, gift cards, or shipping and handling. It doesn't state anything about pre-orders. So today when I showed this to her she said the DC card is not valid with other discounts. She is considering the Snow White DVD set a discounted item. So does that mean that when items are on sale for 25% off you aren't entitled to the DC discount either? I even told the mgr that I tried to order the DVD set online at Disneystore.com and the discount was applied. She said that was a glitch with the system and shouldn't have been allowed. I am so mad and so frustrated with this manager that I could just spit!!!! I got the name of her district manager and I called her but of course she isn't in the office until Monday. I am just so mad!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: She was so rude to me. I work in retail and in our company that would be completely unacceptable. I just don't know what else that I can do if the District Manager doesn't do anything about it. Anyone have any suggestions??

I got my discount on the preorder. I would most definitely get in touch with her District Manager. This is not right. Perhaps the "glitch" is with her.

I agree completely with Gail! I would try to cool off a bit until Monday. And then I would call this SM's DM first thing in the AM. I got a discount with my DC when I purchased this at The World of Disney in August (and it was the CM who told ME that I could use my DC card discount on my purchase!!!
I am certain that you are correct in asking for and expecting the discount and I would LOVE to see that DM eat some crow!!! If you do not get anywhere with the DM, I would call the DC number that is listed on the web-site.
Please let us know how it goes with the DM! :)

Just bought my SW dvd pre-order yesterday at TDS. Used my DC. Asked CM if I get a DC discount on the pre-order. She said "absolutely."

Too bad there's not another TDS near you. Were you able to get in touch with the district manager?

If not, I wonder if you could call the store manager of another store, confirm if you are entitled to a discount, explain your situation, and maybe ask if he/she would be willing to call the other store manager?

Good luck.

Just an update for all of you......I called the DM and of course got her voice mail so I'm waiting for a phone call from her. Once I talk to her I'll let y'all know what she says.

I got my 10% off my SW pre-order. I even forgot to give my card, paid for my order and then remembered i had it and the cashier rerung my order and gave me back the difference.

You are indeed intitled to the 10% off the pre-purchase of movies. It has been confusing around the store with all the coupons we have had to keep up with lately... while the recent 20% off DC promo ( which ended on 9/29) did not apply to presales, your normal 10% off does.. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time.. definitely talk with the DM since you can't get anywhere with the store. That's your next best step... also calling the DC itself if you have to, they certainly know all the rules ( or I HOPE they do!)
Good Luck!
and again, I'm sorry!
Kathi

The CM insisted I needed a coupon, I insisted I only needed my DC card. The end result was that I got the discount. I called the DC directly and another Disney Store, both who confirmed I was entitled to what I thought. I think the DC would try to help if you could not get to another store. Good luck!

UPDATE-------

The DM called me back this afternoon and we had a nice long talk about how unDisney this Manager was. She appologized profusely and assured me that it would never happen again. She said that I was entitled to the DC discount and didn't know why that particular manager denied me. She called her and told her to give me a refund. I told her it wasn't so much the discount anymore it was more her attitude and making me feel like I was personally taking money out of her pockets. There was no need for her to be so rude to me. Again the DM appologized and assured me it wouldn't happen. She even offered to do my refund over the phone but I had payed with DD and not a credit card. So after getting off the phone with her my DH, DD and I made a trip back to TDS to get my refund. Here's the funny part. The manager that I had the problems with was in the back in the office and another manager was at the register when I came in. I told her what had happened and she called to the back office and the manager said she was too busy to come to the front and had the other girl take care of it. I was a little dissapointed. I really wanted to see the look on her face when she had to give me my money back.
sagrin.gif
The manager that I dealt with tonight was very nice and appologized that I had any problems. DH says he thinks the other manager got in trouble by the DM and didn't want to have to deal with me. It will be interesting the next time I'm in the store with her. I'm sure she'll remember me. "That's the lady who likes to give me problems and got me in trouble!" Hopefully she'll be there tomorrow when I go pick up my 8 DVD's. :p

Glad it worked out for you. Too bad she was too embarrassed to come to the front.

My suggestiion would be to show her how people should treat each other by being extra nice to her the next time you see her. Hope she learned her lesson. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You are right Sleepy! Kill them with kindness! Show them that YOU really have the Disney Magic phins-jazy!!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter