Upcoming Resorts

Imagineer2Be

Mouseketeer
Now that GFV is open for member purchases, what do you think will come next? It sounds like the Polynesian is the next WDW resort, but what do you think will happen after that? Another resort at DL? Another offsite resort? Thought and guesses are welcome.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the River Country DVC that was rumored about a year ago.

I personally feel that another DL DVC is desperately needed and expect one within 10 years.

I understand why the one in DC fell through. I stayed at the conference center at DC where it was supposed to go last year. It was very far from the tourist areas and not connected to the metro subway lines.

I'm on the west coast and would LOVE another DVC resort out here. We did not purchase DVC until last year (Aulani) because there wasn't much out here.

Another west coaster. We own at VGC and Aulani but I would love to see another DL choice, although I LOVE my VGC. We've only stayed once on points at WDW.

I am not super familiar with all of the land that Disney owns (in FL), but I would rather see an independant resort built, rather than another 'add on' to an existing resort. I think after BLT, VGF, and the rumored Poly DVC - it's getting a bit crowded.:crowded:

Disney always amazes me with how creative they are, I would love to see something completely new and fresh for their next DVC property.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the River Country DVC that was rumored about a year ago.

I didn't hear anything about this, and just had to look it up. Very interesting.... so, do you think/hope they'll turn the area into just a DVC property? Or utelize the water park theme and make it a DVC property/water park combo like Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge type thing?

Well, since we're requesting -- I would like Disney to apply their creative powers and build a destination hub in the Midwest. So there! :)

Not east, not west -- give us something that doesn't take 2 days to drive to! :) :rotfl:

Well, since we're requesting -- I would like Disney to apply their creative powers and build a destination hub in the Midwest. So there! :)

Not east, not west -- give us something that doesn't take 2 days to drive to! :) :rotfl:

Do you think people would be interested in going to Disney Midwest? No Disney park, no beach... Where would you put it? I think it would take a lot of pixie dust and something to draw people to the location.

Also, when I asked my DH this question, he said he wanted them to finish 'Mineral King' the ski resort that Walt proposed to be built in California.

I didn't know anything about this....

He's turned into a bigger Disney nut than I thought. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Do you think people would be interested in going to Disney Midwest? No Disney park, no beach... Where would you put it? I think it would take a lot of pixie dust and something to draw people to the location.

The park could be built... and I don't think a lot of people who goes to the park also goes to the beach. Yes, I know it will be tough, but that's why they're paid the big creative bucks :)

It could Mickey & Minnie's winter lodge or something. We do have theme parks and water parks in the Midwest so it's not impossible :)

Colorado/ Wyoming. Just look at some of the beautiful country, skiing in winter, lakes in the summer (Wisconsin Dells/Minnesota Lakes appear to have done OK) for families. You're probably right-not the mass appeal Disney wants, but a girl can dream! I just watched "House Hunters on Vacation" in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, so dreaming a lot.

A friend of mine thought Art of Animation was DVC until I explained; but that got me thinking. Would people buy a cheaper version of DVC, with more space but no full kitchen or laundry? I think they would if it were low enough cost, but I doubt that cheap furnishings, etc. would hold up long with heavy use, which would result in skyrocketing maintenance fees. I wouldn't want it myself, but interesting thought, "value DVC."

I still want my DVC on Castaway Cay!
DCL to CC (week there especially when the ships are not in port) to DCL

I understand why the one in DC fell through. I stayed at the conference center at DC where it was supposed to go last year. It was very far from the tourist areas and not connected to the metro subway lines.

yep - but i would wish for a better DVC resort in the DC area (or at least near a metro stop). that area doesn't have a lot of timeshare access - it would be nice to have a DVC option there.

I still want my DVC on Castaway Cay!
DCL to CC (week there especially when the ships are not in port) to DCL

Totally agree! A week on Castaway sounds amazing.

Realistically another DVC at DLR is really badly needed. We would probably buy enough points for a once every other year trip there.

I would like to see one on the River Country Site, and would expect to see that as a possibility with the way the MK DVC sell.

I think DL does need another DVC. I am a WDW owner, but can never use my points at DL :rotfl: the building is too small..

What I don't foresee is another non-park location anytime soon.

If it were made away from parks I think it would be great if disney did a ski resort out west. The possibilities are endless and off season they could have hikes, biking, swimming, etc,

We have stayed at the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells many times. They offer everything from the basic room to three bedroom villas. Great theming and Excellent water park. Over 120,000 square feet indoors, and just as large outdoors. Disney would need to do something at least equal to this, and even then, how many people would buy into this as a DVC resort? As much as I would love that, I only see something like this as a regular resort and not a DVC.

I would love to see some of the rumors end up coming true. These of course are the River Country DVC, DVC as part of the old Venetian proposal, and best yet a DVC stand alone resort just north of Epcot and make it part of the monorail system. Reality of any of these even being considered right now is highly doubtful, but we were asked to dream!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter