• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unsung heros of Disney dining

JerseyDisneyGirl

Mouseketeer
What are some of your favorite, but less popular places?. We always hear about Ohana, CRT, CM, etc...What restaurants do you like that tend to fly under the radar?

Sanaa, The Wave, and in the past I have said GFC and Kona (but not so much at the present).

Our family (me, DH, 5 kids) was there last month. Unanimously, our favorite meal of the whole trip was our lunch at Biergarten in Germany. Our server was top notch, and we all loved the food. One son is very picky and he ate a ton. In fact, he stayed at the table eating while the other four went to dance to the band.

Olivia's Cafe at OKW. Also, Sanaa at Kidani Village is soooo good! There are views of the savannah right next to some of the tables, and the atmosphere is SO COOL. Kona Cafe at the Poly is a favorite. :) Paradiso 37 at DTD...not on the DDP but very affordable and deeelicious! :)

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. It really is a hidden gem at WDW. It probably is my favorite restaurant to eat at in all of WDW, the meal is FANTASTIC! :love: especially if you're on the DDP, because last time I checked it's only 1 credit, and you can get like.. the best prime rib you'll ever eat in your life. AHH soo good :cloud9:

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. It really is a hidden gem at WDW. It probably is my favorite restaurant to eat at in all of WDW, the meal is FANTASTIC! :love: especially if you're on the DDP, because last time I checked it's only 1 credit, and you can get like.. the best prime rib you'll ever eat in your life. AHH soo good :cloud9:

like....reallyy?? hahaha. but yeahhh i really gotta try this place!

We loved Beaches & Cream. The service was excellent and the burgers delicious! (We loved the kitchen sink too)...In fact my husband made me change our last night dinner's ADR for Chefs de France to a lunch ADR so we could leave Epcot and go back to B&C for dinner again. Unfortunately we were so full from our Chefs lunch that all we had room for was No Way Joses for dinner....

Artist Point @ the WL - that's a restaurant that I don't think gets enough attention, out of the signatures (and I will get back there someday!).

Boatwrights at POR. We ate there in 2008 and it wasn't anything to write home about, not great but not terrible either. Earlier this month we had an ADR in Epcot at 8 p.m. but we were back at POFQ late that afternoon and we all were just too worn out to want to go back to Epcot that night. I canceled that reservation and got one for Boatwrights instead, not expecting a great meal but something close by that we could walk to, nice walk along the river. Wow! I and my family were so very impressed! The food was fab, beef medallions with expertly cooked asparagus and "mac and cheese" (more like Alfredo sauce); pork chop with cheesy grits, and prime rib. The cornbread and whipped butter was outstanding as was the pecan pie we all ordered for dessert, which none of us were able to eat due to being stuffed so asked to have boxed, I ate mine for breakfast the next morning. The Lynchburg Lemonade that I had ordered knocked my socks off and DD was able to get a smoothie as her drink (on the DDP). Our server was prompt and attentive without hovering over us. Surprisingly, at least to me, was that this was our favorite meal during our vacation. The only drawback was that we ate during the time when there's a show going on in the lounge area and the restaurant was pretty noisy. Definitely going to plan on dinner there again.

vicki_c said:
Artist Point @ the WL - that's a restaurant that I don't think gets enough attention, out of the signatures (and I will get back there someday!).

I have to agree with this. We really love our meals there when we go, plus the service has always been outstanding. It is my DD9's favorite signature restaurant.

For me, a nice kept secret is the Captains Grill at the YC. It is not overly themed, which is a nice break from all the over the top Disney theming (which I love). The service has always been excellent for us, and the food is very good. :thumbsup2

Combing my personal favorites with DW's, our top three (in order) were (all for dinner):

1. Wolfgang Puck Cafe
2. Kona Cafe
3. Rose & Crown

We really liked Garden Grill (a quiet character meal!) & Boatwright's. We ended up there by default one night when we were too tired to make the journey to Cape May Cafe. We were very pleasantly surprised.

We had dinner at GFC last week and it was great! We all loved the food and atmosphere. The service was a little slow but I think our server was doing the best she could.

My DD13 had the rib eye and she let me have a bite. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had! I had the pasta with shrimp and that was delicious too. I would not hesitate to go back.:thumbsup2

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter