Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Thanx, @superme80 - Still thinking about the marvelous show (and drooling over Hugh!) :)

I can tell you that as a young kid, and during the last few years (a REALLY REALLY big kid now! LOL), I get HUGE whelps when getting bitten by mosquitoes, but not during my teens/middle ages, so maybe I re-developed an allergy to the bites?

Don't know how I feel about Baby Shark, which I only recently heard (I know, I'm delayed!! LOL). I have a love/hate with. For me - it's a LOT like Small World. ;)
Small World I actually like. Great song, great to sing, and one of my favorite rides. Baby Shark is the devil's music!!!!! My face used to get insanely puffy when I was a kid from all the bites. Thankfully I only seem to get a few a year now.

SorcererHeidi: So glad you enjoyed the concert. Sounds like a blast.
Toy Story 4 did not happen this weekend. My son was being a brat, so we will try again later this week. Spent Saturday with my in laws. A lot of fun, but I got a few mosquito bites. I am allergic, so my face looked like a horn was coming in. :crazy2: Thankfully it is much better. Unfortunately a year or so late, my kids have discovered "Baby Shark". I hated that song when it first became popular, and now I hate it even more!!!!
Have you tried an OTC antihistamine to help reduce swelling? I take an allergy medicine to help when I get bitten by fire ants and when I have bell pepper (for the itchiness).

I think I may have heard Baby Shark...not sure... downstairs little kids like Paw Patrol.

Small World I actually like. Great song, great to sing, and one of my favorite rides. Baby Shark is the devil's music!!!!! My face used to get insanely puffy when I was a kid from all the bites. Thankfully I only seem to get a few a year now.
You might need prescription strength cream or other medicine. Dh had to get prescription strength for the past couple years for poison ivy.

Have you tried an OTC antihistamine to help reduce swelling? I take an allergy medicine to help when I get bitten by fire ants and when I have bell pepper (for the itchiness).

I think I may have heard Baby Shark...not sure... downstairs little kids like Paw Patrol.
I took Benadryl before I went to bed that night. It knocks me out, so I try not to take it during the day. Thankfully by last night the swelling had gone down a lot. Now if is just a tiny bump on my forehead. They never swell for more than a couple of days. They are more annoying than anything. And an excuse for DH to pick on me...:sad: My poor middle son inherited the allergy. He had a bite by his eye and it swelled up so bad I thought it was pink eye!!!! Thankfully I saw the bite and the swelling went down a couple of days later.

I took Benadryl before I went to bed that night. It knocks me out, so I try not to take it during the day. Thankfully by last night the swelling had gone down a lot. Now if is just a tiny bump on my forehead. They never swell for more than a couple of days. They are more annoying than anything. And an excuse for DH to pick on me...:sad: My poor middle son inherited the allergy. He had a bite by his eye and it swelled up so bad I thought it was pink eye!!!! Thankfully I saw the bite and the swelling went down a couple of days later.
Glad you're feeling a bit better. I know last summer I resorted to getting a roll on Cortisone 10 stick thingie - easier to apply and spread over a larger area, and don't have to worry about excess/white cream.

Hey all!!! I am finally back from my whirlwind 2 1/2 weeks of wedding and cruise!! The wedding of my DBFF was awesome and she looked amazing...Then we all got on the Anthem of the Seas and had a wonderful 9 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. We it a little bit of rough seas the first day an a half, but other than that...the weather was gorgeous (and HOT). The water was awesome in Bermuda. The only thing I can say is that I wasn't too thrilled about RC's portion of Haiti (Labadee). The part we were on, the sand was very rough and there were big rocks in the water that you had to watch where you walked.

Now it is finalizing things for my work trip the end of this month and then it is on to WDW the beginning of August for the Pandora Party!!!

Sounds like a wonderful time, @1Grumpy9, thanx for letting us know. I I was supposed to be on the Anthem to NE/Canada a few months from now, but had to postpone due to upcoming surgery. Now I'm on the Adventure NEXT year. Still have something GREAT to look forward to!!

I hope your friend has a long, happy, healthy married life!!

SIL got married on Saturday. FYI Goats do NOT make good ring bearers. :lmao: Wish I was faster with my phone to take a video. It was hysterical. Finished Season 3 of Stranger Things. So much to say. We are getting a gate put in. Cannot wait to play fetch with my dog again. She has a terrible habit of running for the road, so we have kept her on a leash only the past 2 years.

SIL got married on Saturday. FYI Goats do NOT make good ring bearers. :lmao: Wish I was faster with my phone to take a video. It was hysterical. Finished Season 3 of Stranger Things. So much to say. We are getting a gate put in. Cannot wait to play fetch with my dog again. She has a terrible habit of running for the road, so we have kept her on a leash only the past 2 years.

Goats---must be a good story behind that one. 7/6 is a good date for weddings....at it least was my pick 23 years ago.

We keep Oreo on leash 99% of the time...even in the dog park. I let off last week in the early morning and she had to have a bath afterwards. She can wriggles out of her harness and buckle collar if she pulls back fast and do some ear magic---her last attempts have been stopped by her new leather collar---she disliked it for the first weeks of use.

Goats---must be a good story behind that one. 7/6 is a good date for weddings....at it least was my pick 23 years ago.

We keep Oreo on leash 99% of the time...even in the dog park. I let off last week in the early morning and she had to have a bath afterwards. She can wriggles out of her harness and buckle collar if she pulls back fast and do some ear magic---her last attempts have been stopped by her new leather collar---she disliked it for the first weeks of use.
My SIL raises goats to sell to 4H kids. These were some of her favorites. Cute to look at, but not well behaved on a leash. :lmao:

Do at least tell the story of what happened and if you happen to find a video from someone else and they will let you share well darn it do so

Do at least tell the story of what happened and if you happen to find a video from someone else and they will let you share well darn it do so
So we get to the wedding and the goats have collars around their necks and one has a bag with the rings. Everyone is super happy. It is a small backyard wedding, so no fear of the goats actually going anywhere, SIL lives in the middle of nowhere. Well my nephew and SIL's friend tried to round up these 2 goats. You would think they were heading to their doom. The drama of them running around, crying, and acting like we were going to hurt them. My nephew FINALLY gets a leash on the goat, and he "conveniently" gets it cinched kind of tight and cries as if he is dying. The goat's sibling sees this and makes a run for it on the OTHER side of the yard. So the friend and someone else is trying to chase the other goat. After a few minutes we realized it wasn't worth it and took off the leash, collars, and the ring. Then BAM goats are back to perfect little angels and are teasing the dog. It didn't take long, but it was so funny. SIL raises goats to sell to 4H kids, so this was perfect.

So we get to the wedding and the goats have collars around their necks and one has a bag with the rings. Everyone is super happy. It is a small backyard wedding, so no fear of the goats actually going anywhere, SIL lives in the middle of nowhere. Well my nephew and SIL's friend tried to round up these 2 goats. You would think they were heading to their doom. The drama of them running around, crying, and acting like we were going to hurt them. My nephew FINALLY gets a leash on the goat, and he "conveniently" gets it cinched kind of tight and cries as if he is dying. The goat's sibling sees this and makes a run for it on the OTHER side of the yard. So the friend and someone else is trying to chase the other goat. After a few minutes we realized it wasn't worth it and took off the leash, collars, and the ring. Then BAM goats are back to perfect little angels and are teasing the dog. It didn't take long, but it was so funny. SIL raises goats to sell to 4H kids, so this was perfect.
Very cute story, thanx for sharing! And a long, happy, healthy married life to the newly married couple! 🐐

Barnes and Noble had a free Golden Snitch Lego set at their stores yesterday if you signed up online. We went to pick up our sets and I bought Mad Libs for my kids. I forgot how fun those are. So glad I have kids who are old enough to read and do silly things like this. On a frustrating note I made breakfast tacos this morning. My youngest wouldn't eat it because he doesn't like bacon. WHAT??!!!! :faint: How can you hate bacon??!!! So I had to eat it. I had 3 tacos this morning and I am sooo full. Time to go look at Dinning Reports and try to plan my anniversary trip!!! Have good weekend everyone!!!

Barnes and Noble had a free Golden Snitch Lego set at their stores yesterday if you signed up online. We went to pick up our sets and I bought Mad Libs for my kids. I forgot how fun those are. So glad I have kids who are old enough to read and do silly things like this. On a frustrating note I made breakfast tacos this morning. My youngest wouldn't eat it because he doesn't like bacon. WHAT??!!!! :faint: How can you hate bacon??!!! So I had to eat it. I had 3 tacos this morning and I am sooo full. Time to go look at Dinning Reports and try to plan my anniversary trip!!! Have good weekend everyone!!!
I used to LOVE Mad Libs! Especially on long car trips!!

Wanted to share our experiences this past weekend and why I love Disney even more given my consistent griping on prices vs. service vs. value.

My mom recently celebrated her 78th birthday (if I got it wrong I should be disowned!). I decided to book a staycation to FW and got a cabin for a couple of days. Of course, this being our 2nd visit to FW, the golf cart rental is mandatory. The freedom that the golf cart gave us was well worth the price. I couldn't help but make our cart unique for our IndyCar affection (reference pics). :)

I had a fully typed-up itinerary, but learned over the past several years that my mom can change her food tastes on a dime. So, even though I secured a PRIME California Grill dining time around the fireworks, I knew full well I would be willing to sacrifice the $10/pp for the flexibility to give my mother zero pressure on a restricted time frame; this served us well.

So, I gave her a wide open menu (not just in eateries, but in resorts and in schedule). It could NOT have worked out better. I am a stickler for schedule adherence, but slowly learned that sacrificing your own traits to give joy to others (especially the ones you love) is where you'll earn wisdom gold.

We relaxed, enjoyed the golf cart ride visiting folks at their campsite/RV-sites and still admired the best appetizer ever at The Wave's lounge (bacon and egg). My mom was so much in awe by the flavor of this appetizer that I had no problem NOT telling her about Grand Floridian Cafe' or the California Grill. But, I had a plan B ready to go.

So we walked over to MK and took a bus to Gran Destino. Curiously, while I was somewhat critical of the newest resort, she stated she really liked the vibe and could stay there. I definitely could see the relaxation of this resort and admired the team's art/architecture. However, it would not be among my top 2 resorts at WDW in moderates.

The next day, I took her to Celebration to look at properties (sticker shock!) and Margaritaville to gauge any interest (which there was none, as expected). Lunch was at Rock and Brews and it was an excellent value. Anyplace that honors our veterans at the entrance gets HUGE points from me and this is the first I have seen of this kind.

So here are a couple of pics for those that are curious.

66478898_10220351922295160_8568966054854787072_o.jpg67086012_10220351910574867_7524511075975299072_o.jpg66828007_10220351909374837_6213141506195193856_o.jpg66832211_10220351965816248_3673797214045470720_o.jpg66760571_10220351953095930_4278934483731742720_o.jpg

Attachments

• 66747236_10220351951735896_3004335915679088640_o.jpg
    66747236_10220351951735896_3004335915679088640_o.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 66720993_10220351947815798_2673233867468439552_o.jpg
    66720993_10220351947815798_2673233867468439552_o.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 67460915_10220351942815673_7630030429503881216_o.jpg
    67460915_10220351942815673_7630030429503881216_o.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 66798503_10220352047778297_1878303006584209408_o.jpg
    66798503_10220352047778297_1878303006584209408_o.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8
Wow, @hertamaniac - sounds like a fantastic trip, slanted towards just spending quality time with somebody you love, which is the MOST important thing! And it sounds like your Mom had a great time - she does NOT look 78 years old in that pic at all!! I also enjoyed riding around in a golf cart when I used to visit friends who always stayed at FW - especially during Halloween or Christmas time frames, but anytime! I also like to make schedules, and also tried to be more flexible if I had others along, and I think I did pretty well, like it sounds you did. Thanx for sharing your adventures with us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!