Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

First rule of vlogging: NEVER read the comments!
AMEN!!!!! I also feel bad when I leave Tyler and Katrina positive comments, and I see they con't get that many view or comments. I think they do a pretty decent job, especially for not having a staff, or being in a studio, etc. I applaud their dedication and enthusiasm. That's why I always try to watch and comment, even though I may never get to DL again - I still want to support their efforts.

:) I think my geek/nerd level just increased...I was watching in real time as my Publix Instacart order was being shopped (had free delivery code and credit). I am thinking of using it on future DVC/timeshare trips even though the bogo items in Florida you have to buy both, but not in NC (no double coupons in both areas).

I hope that we get to have a fun weekend trip soon after paying down some of the moving expenses. We hope to unpack and set up the office/den and kitchen this weekend. We purged a lot of things last month. We are still trying to get in a new routine.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Superme80, I hope that you and your family are doing okay. I know it was hard for you this past holiday season. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

So, I had to postpone my trip - we were originally going to go to WDW last month but I had kidney stone issues all summer - I ended up with one so large I had to have surgery in August.

Because of that, we moved our trip to December this year. It ended up being a good thing - right about the time of the original trip I was having major work woes. I ended up changing jobs.

I'm excited to go this year but I'm impatiently waiting to see when Galaxy's Edge will be opening. I love Star Wars - been a fan since I was a kid (I was born in 1977) but... I'm not sure if I want to be there when Galaxy's Edge is brand new. It it's open, okay, I'll attempt to check it out, if not, I'll see it in 2021.

But because I was really upset about postponing, I avoided the Dis for months. No board, no blog posts, no videos. Made me sad but it was my way of dealing but now I'm back!

Right this moment I am sick - caught some bug and it's making me miserable. I had to leave work early today because of it - I really hope I can make it through my shift tomorrow. I work 3 days a week - 8 hour days. Once I make through tomorrow I can really focus on getting better.

So, I had to postpone my trip - we were originally going to go to WDW last month but I had kidney stone issues all summer - I ended up with one so large I had to have surgery in August.

Because of that, we moved our trip to December this year. It ended up being a good thing - right about the time of the original trip I was having major work woes. I ended up changing jobs.

I'm excited to go this year but I'm impatiently waiting to see when Galaxy's Edge will be opening. I love Star Wars - been a fan since I was a kid (I was born in 1977) but... I'm not sure if I want to be there when Galaxy's Edge is brand new. It it's open, okay, I'll attempt to check it out, if not, I'll see it in 2021.

But because I was really upset about postponing, I avoided the Dis for months. No board, no blog posts, no videos. Made me sad but it was my way of dealing but now I'm back!

Right this moment I am sick - caught some bug and it's making me miserable. I had to leave work early today because of it - I really hope I can make it through my shift tomorrow. I work 3 days a week - 8 hour days. Once I make through tomorrow I can really focus on getting better.
@Eoywin - Hope you feel better from your current health issue soon, and that your recovery from your kidney stone surgery is proceeding as quickly, and painlessly, as possible. I can SO relate to health issues, I'm afraid. :( HUGS!!

On a brighter note - welcome back, glad to see you here again, and I hope your return to WDW will be sooner, and happier, than you even expect!!

Thanks! I'm feeling much better - my surgery was back in August (a week and a half before Labor Day weekend started).

I'm currently battling a stomach bug that's going around but other than that, my health is much better. I need to get back to the gym though!

In my hometown for my Grandpa's funeral. I flippin hate drama. Too much drama. On a frustrating note, our hotel that SAID it could accommodate cannot. So I had to ask my parents if my oldest could stay with them so we didn't have to move 20 mins away to a more expensive hotel. The room we are in could TOTALLY and SAFELY accommodate a roll a way, but they SWEAR it cannot. :badpc:

In my hometown for my Grandpa's funeral. I flippin hate drama. Too much drama. On a frustrating note, our hotel that SAID it could accommodate cannot. So I had to ask my parents if my oldest could stay with them so we didn't have to move 20 mins away to a more expensive hotel. The room we are in could TOTALLY and SAFELY accommodate a roll a way, but they SWEAR it cannot. :badpc:
So sorry, @superme80, especially at this sad time. Hang in there, HUGS!!!!!

Hugs to you, superme80
Thank you. Doing better. Just started school back up with the kids. They were NOT happy. :rotfl:Dance starts back up for me, so that will be good to have a physical distraction. We are going to my parents on Saturday to drop the kids off while we see "Come From Away" in San Francisco. Very much looking forward to this break!

Superme I'm so sorry !! I'm not sure how I missed the comments on this thread. I was behind since Christmas it looks like. I can't stand family drama. My grandma died last February and I was the only one that stayed home instead of going to KY with the rest of the immediate family. It worked out good anyway since at the time I helped my brother-in-law with his two daughters (ages 5 and 10 months at the time). I can't believe your kids just started back to school. Schools here went back on Jan 2. My sister teaches further away and they have had a snow day but not here. Lol I know it is coming so I'm just happy we haven't had much this winter.

Superme I'm so sorry !! I'm not sure how I missed the comments on this thread. I was behind since Christmas it looks like. I can't stand family drama. My grandma died last February and I was the only one that stayed home instead of going to KY with the rest of the immediate family. It worked out good anyway since at the time I helped my brother-in-law with his two daughters (ages 5 and 10 months at the time). I can't believe your kids just started back to school. Schools here went back on Jan 2. My sister teaches further away and they have had a snow day but not here. Lol I know it is coming so I'm just happy we haven't had much this winter.
We homeschool, so it was my call to start school back up. I needed some normalcy. The boys did really good. Wanting to play all the time, but I think they are happy to get back to normal. Back from another weekend with my family. My parents watched the kids while DH and I went to see "Come From Away" in San Francisco. I bawled, so that was emotionally needed. We are back to completely normal this week. Still processing losing my grandpa, but life does go on. Just need to work with him being gone AND not being an emotional wreck about it.

We homeschool, so it was my call to start school back up. I needed some normalcy. The boys did really good. Wanting to play all the time, but I think they are happy to get back to normal. Back from another weekend with my family. My parents watched the kids while DH and I went to see "Come From Away" in San Francisco. I bawled, so that was emotionally needed. We are back to completely normal this week. Still processing losing my grandpa, but life does go on. Just need to work with him being gone AND not being an emotional wreck about it.
@superme :hug:

Not cool! I hope the pic comes in. This kid decided to turn 8 on me!!!! OMG!!! So not ready!!!
obEL5hH0mKaOAyE6yhN1ifv5VJpPrxtl-cQfHHO__kSuMSLUwzw6plHfddKHJtgusZz16jFRlJZSVgiPXWZT1zr-g5aDgvG97SyvXUXVhO_MJI7SLTks2Kc4KLSttMeQ3obquqik9c1ohAP0l3767RXOoLh5JptwKftnhXCgA3kJN8pBKs9DignQqfL9DQURNwMycZGt920423fVQ6-A6AHhwfzWIwrQpecuHlZ_d786iJjiI-QeB-VCyiJVShwYXbnfgl1-kkKOqbeFiVyVMbHxZHkTNEQXWSJsK9BdS1koVVrP7nA4UiKckCvLJDNbrVqQNK7xcv5C-VGt3KBfgoOWWabM6l0n6x2bBTq3J6jOfnku7jNrs0cGoqFSc7pNkQckiAqAEcLt9xmOoEUn5OLBhHxLQ-uxf6f0Pdn6d5GAQW7i_mkkIX5AF-bvkHGjUikCjt_HXzSqOcU7uucxVrhjAfveNxc6vd_W3_koV2twT484IsT4NsA8EeQ_c3T6F_5i72ywRdM-AmDVF-RH2tw01Qlr_LQ7wn7iHyAqvy3fo238PlgKyGVtIK60W6Nsu12XuT0a-ZWjs_DoP5zoptQ3CprrfuDU3____IPhs11rNODkBLV88aq_57T2if1tJcmPYFiyxQUz-kPHmsrVnVaD=w470-h626-no

I just realized that i had not posted much this past month.

DH is nagging me to get another doctor appointment to check my healing from a bad fall before Christmas...still have swelling plus some pain in the knees/ankles/feet joint areas. I was hoping that it would be gone by now since I was told it could take 4-6 weeks. So, I guess I need to find an ortho (insurance had issues with someone on the staff misspelling my name so delay in going in sooner). I think having steep stairs is not helping in the knee recovery (can not avoid them and the dog requires out time).
Oreo, our dog, is loving city life. She had a good vet appointment Sunday except that she needs a higher protein/fat diet. She is on the low end of the right weight range despite us having extra dog food and treats for her since it is more activity. She had more vocal noises now and started to play more with her toys. Oreo loves visiting the apartment office even though they no longer have dog treats.

I am so wanting a trip to somewhere...I just get nervous spending the money for one.

@NC Belle - Hope you get your lower body issues resolved SOON. As somebody who has MAJOR issues in that area myself, I can empathize. It ain't easy being green. :(

Just watched the Dis Unplugged episode about worst first date attractions at WDW. Well, this brought back a memory of a few years ago. Although technically it was our 2nd date, I took my female friend to MK. We were having a jolly old time. Then came the moment.

At that time, MK had the underground water sprouts behind Cinderella's Castle. It was a typical hot day and there were children enjoying the cooling of the water. So my date and I walked around the obvious holes in ground.....except.....she got blasted from the underside. Now, don't think a Marylin Monroe moment, but it startled her and everyone who saw it was laughing. So what did I do? Well, I like to think I'm good humored too so I joined in the hysterical view I just got (picture wetting your pants).

Next thing I know, no more hand holding....she gave me the talk about how I am to support her in those types of situations and that she was ready to leave (and I'll throw in here that I paid for her admission and food). We left the entrance at MK and her pouting continued.

I drove her back home and that settled it for me. If you can't laugh at yourself, then it wouldn't have been a good match. At least it was near the end of the day, so I got to go on many rides.

>>> If you can't laugh at yourself, then it wouldn't have been a good match. At least it was near the end of the day, so I got to go on many rides. <<<

AMEN to that, and I love the positive spin you ended this with!

>>> If you can't laugh at yourself, then it wouldn't have been a good match. At least it was near the end of the day, so I got to go on many rides. <<<

AMEN to that, and I love the positive spin you ended this with!

That whole ride home I got an earful. Disney may make everyone feel young, but in this case it gave me clarity! Thanks MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter