Unofficial Guide or Passporter?

Which Guide book is best?

• Passporter

• Passporter Deluxe

• Unofficial Guide

Results are only viewable after voting.
Both are useful. My only suggestion goes with the Passporter because it gives you opinion as opinion. The unofficial guide seems negative to me. Everything sounds like a negative, and doesn't seem to coincide with information I get other places. However, DH and I have enjoyed reading through both.

I get a PassPorter Deluxe for almost every trip. I use them as trip diaries. The nfo in them is very good and clear. But, I also buy an UG for each trip also. Yes, it can be a bit negative but it is usually right on the mark!!

Pick just one? No way!

Passporter to take with you -- more compact and concise yet still comprehensive, great park maps, and I think Jennifer and Dave have good taste which makes their ratings quite useful in spite of being personal opinions.

Unofficial Guide for background knowledge and bedtime reading. I don't think it's negative at all, just balanced. They make a lot of judgement calls on hundreds of things, and provide carefully researched information and survey-based ratings that other guidebooks can't match. Their park touring plans are the best; even if you don't use them directly they are very helpful in understanding how to get the most out of your time in the parks.

erikthewise said:
Pick just one? No way!

Passporter to take with you -- more compact and concise yet still comprehensive, great park maps, and I think Jennifer and Dave have good taste which makes their ratings quite useful in spite of being personal opinions.

Unofficial Guide for background knowledge and bedtime reading. I don't think it's negative at all, just balanced. They make a lot of judgement calls on hundreds of things, and provide carefully researched information and survey-based ratings that other guidebooks can't match. Their park touring plans are the best; even if you don't use them directly they are very helpful in understanding how to get the most out of your time in the parks.

I totally agree. But if you must choose one, I would choose the Passporter.

The way I think about it is, with what I am spending to go to WDW, what is a little extra? Plus, I LOVE to plan, it is what keeps me going in between trips! :crazy:

That said, if you only want to buy one, I would get the UG. It is packed full of information. Sort of everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask! (I have found that they are a bit harsh on their restaurant reviews though, but that is just me.)

Happy planning!! :cool1:

both, I use the unoffical guide more as a planning tool. Then we use the passporter as a memory tool, we put all our trip information in it as we do things in the parks, and have a good place to look back later to see what and when we did things on the trip.

We have used both extensively. UG gives more details, and the Passporter is so nice for writing down everything and keeping it all together. Also, the maps of the resorts in Passporter are really nice. We don't choose just one book, we usually use 2 or 3.

Definitely both. I must say I love the Passporter maps. We tore those out of the book and took them to each park. They were the best maps available.

I Love my Unofficial Guide! :love: It is the most worn out book in our house. I have the 2005 Passporter on order and I can hardly wait to get it. :crazy:

I agree with the several posts that recommend both, but since you're trip is within 2 months, and you're running out of planning time, :hourglass listen carefully now....DO NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT A PASSPORTER!!!!!! :teeth: I buy a UG every year, for WDW and Las Vegas, whether I'm going or not. They're great for long term planning and they're fun to read. The touring plans are great, and they are updated on the web at www.touringplans.com . But there is no better way to organize a trip than with a passporter. When I buy the 2006 version for our DD's 1st trip, I'll buy the regular version simply because I want the whole pkg to stay together as a keepsake for her. After that, it'll be the deluxe version from then on. Have fun....

peace

Papa Van

I buy both. I buy a new UG every year and I have the Passporter Deluxe. I love it. :cool1:

Another vote for getting both. However if you are only going to buy one I would go with the Unofficial Guide. It has more information in it.

FYI-The Unofficial guide recommends the PassPorter as a good companion book for the UG. They work very well together.

This is my first year with the UG, but I am sold on both. I think they are a good pair and compliment each other!

Another vote for both. If you plan on visiting WDW every year or two, go with the Deluxe Passporter.

*EDIT* If you absolutely *have* to choose only one, go with the Passporter and check the UG out from your local library.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter