Universal Studios in late August

VicgirlBC

Earning My Ears
I am planning and trip to Anaheim for myself, DS 19 and DD 21 from August 26 to September 1 to visit DLR and Universal Studios. I just need some help with when and how to tour Universal, and if I should splurge on the unlimited Express pass or VIP tour.

We plan to take Uber from our Anaheim hotel to Universal on either Wednesday Aug 28th or Thursday Aug 29th.

In order to visit with the least amount of crowds/lines, is it better to arrive early (and buy access to Super Nintendo World) or arrive around lunch (and avoid rush hour traffic) and stay until close? Our goal is to ride all the rides, take the Studio Tour and spend extra time in both Super Nintendo World (not using Power-Up Bands) and Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I would get the front of line pass. It's best to start on the lower level...just hit each ride. Next do the studio tram tour. Leave the upper level for last. Tons to do. No need for a big plan. So much easier than a Disney trip.

I had originally hoped to arrive around 11am so we could sleep in a bit, but I'm guessing the park will close at 6pm or so that day since it's late August. Does anyone know what the hours were last year?

I would get the front of line pass. It's best to start on the lower level...just hit each ride. Next do the studio tram tour. Leave the upper level for last. Tons to do. No need for a big plan. So much easier than a Disney trip.
Thank you!

I ended up booking the VIP tour for 9:45am. Super excited about this! If I leave GCH at 7:30am can I expect to be at Universal by 9am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter