Universal Studios and Mardi Gras

Not too disappointed with the first weekend, always cool to see Gavin Rossdale although I’m not sure I’ve heard anything of theirs since the 90s.....

What a terrible lineup(AGAIN)...guess Iam just really really old....lol
Thankfully Steve Miller band will be there for us over 50 crowd

I’ve only heard of Steve Miller Band out of that bunch......

I do know the name Macklemore.......but only because they were there last year too........guess I won’t be attending any of them this year again.

When I'm there its Becky G (never heard of her it has to be said) and Sean Paul, who I have heard of, is he a rapper?

I'll probably stick around for one or both concerts for a bit just to soak up the atmosphere, but in all honesty if the concerts draw big crowds from the rest of the park I'll just head to DA to do some spells and ride Gringotts

I'm there opening weekend and have no interest in seeing Bush. Maybe if it was the mid 90's but in 2019, I'll pass and enjoy the duelling pianos in Pat O'Brien's instead.

When I booked our upcoming spring break first ever trip to UO, I had no idea about Mardi Gras. So bonus for us!
On those concert nights, is it best to go to IOA if we want to avoid the crowds? We have park to park passes. Maybe I should first ask how bad are the crowds on those concert nights. We can catch the parade on a non concert night if needed, since we are there several days.

Uh...no idea who Bush is! Maybe I will go for a bit and see. I was there for Macklemore last year and could not understand anything he was saying/singing, so left early.

Ziggy Marley might have been interesting.

When Bush came out first, they were a poor version of Nirvana. No idea why their later stuff sounds like.

So how much do these shows typically affect attendance during the day? Is it more an affect an hour or two before the shows?

My DD may want to check out Sean Paul.
I think this scene in Baby Mama is soooo funny, starting around 15 sec into video!
It features Sean Paul's song "Temperature"

When can we expect them to announce the March 2nd concert? We’re kind of making our decision of starting Saturday or Sunday based on who is playing...

Overall not trilled with the options the weekend I am there - would have planned differently had they provided this info further in advance - especially since it is the entire weekend :(
Hoping the sea world concerts that weekend will be a better option

Food court and parade will still be good during the week at UNI.

Does anything out of the ordinary go on at Pat O'Brien - I am always surprised that they dont have a crawfish boil for example.
What about March at Finnegan's? Anything special for St Pats \ Mardi Gras?

Overall not trilled with the options the weekend I am there - would have planned differently had they provided this info further in advance - especially since it is the entire weekend :(
Hoping the sea world concerts that weekend will be a better option

Food court and parade will still be good during the week at UNI.

Does anything out of the ordinary go on at Pat O'Brien - I am always surprised that they dont have a crawfish boil for example.
What about March at Finnegan's? Anything special for St Pats \ Mardi Gras?

Pat O'Briens has a big St. Patty's day thing. Finnegans is rather subdued, I think they have the green beer and a few other minor things, but they really try to make Pat O's the destination for it.

The only one I wanted to see was Pitbull, and I wouldn’t have minded Bush. They both play before we arrive. Does anyone know when they will announce who’s playing March 30&31?

When do the concerts start to be announced, we are going in February and are so excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter