Universal Questions Once Reopened

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
Hey everyone. I have a few questions. Sorry if these have been asked and answered already:

1) If you stay at one of the eligible hotels, are they still doing Express Passes?
2) How is the reservation system working? I know you pick a time to get in, but do you have a time limit on being in there?

We were supposed to go to WDW at the end of June because we have AP’s, but that’s out. We’re debating going to Universal for a few days at the end of June instead and skipping Disney this summer.

I'm in the same boat. June trip is off to Disney, gonna try Universal and we've never been.

I think you will love Universal, we enjoy Disney too but my older kids really prefer Universal, it’s walkable, more relaxing and the Harry Potter areas are amazing!
1. The website F&Q’s confirmed that yes,the deluxe resorts will still have express pass.
2. No reservations needed after the first few days they are open and they are guaranteeing entrance for resort guests.

The thing I like about Universal more is there really isn't much planning involved. You don't have to make certain rides by certain times, can just take your time.

The thing Disney does better is the atmosphere. Outside of HP world, you just don't get that sense of your somewhere else. It just seems like any other theme park.

The both have their pros/cons, which is why I have an AP to both lol

Thanks everyone. We are still on the fence of whether we’ll go to Orlando this summer. If we do go and stay in an eligible Universal Hotel, I’m glad to see the Express Passes will still be valid. :)

I don't beleive any of the parks (currently) have a time limit. The staggered times to get in is to try avoid crowding and long lines at the ticket booths. Once inside the park people will be distanced and spread out much more easily.

I don't beleive any of the parks (currently) have a time limit. The staggered times to get in is to try avoid crowding and long lines at the ticket booths. Once inside the park people will be distanced and spread out much more easily.
I am in the dark about staggered times-where is this information telling about this? Thanks so much for your help here -

I am in the dark about staggered times-where is this information telling about this? Thanks so much for your help here -

I think they're referring to the two AP days. There are different check in times you chose from when reserving your spot. They aren't doing reservations when they open to the general public on June 5. It's just first come until they hit a capacity

I haven't looked too specifically at Universals operations but I know there are many parks doing the staggered entry times. Based on the OPs post I assume this was what they were referring to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter