Universal Newbie - is this too much resort movement?

Universal hotels will not transfer your luggage but you have a car. It's so much easier to move hotels if you have a car. If you didn't want to keep the luggage in the car, you could go the hard rock before the park and leave your luggage with bell services. They will allow you to do a pre check in and you'll get your room number later.
BTW; I received different information when I booked a couple of month's ago, and I just called this morning to verify and both times I was told that US will transfer our luggage for our upcoming trip between RPR and PBR.

BTW; I received different information when I booked a couple of month's ago, and I just called this morning to verify and both times I was told that US will transfer our luggage for our upcoming trip between RPR and PBR.
The luggage moving thing has been a moving target for a while. Before the pandemic, I think I remember that they’d move from value to premier, but not the other way around. Then COVID happened, and it seems the transfers stopped. From the phone call it sounds like they’re back to transferring again, at least between premier hotels. Not sure if they’d transfer for Endless Summer or Cabana Bay

Thank you. I just called and the agent had me provide her with all 3 reservation numbers. She said she made a note that we would like to stay in the same room if possible but of course no guarantees. Keeping my fingers crossed and eyes on the website until then. :)
I think there’s a good chance they’ll keep you in the same room. It’s to their advantage as it’s less cleaning for them. I’d also ask at check in, then in the evening of your first night check in with the front desk to see if they’ve kept you in the same room. By that time they should know.
Instead of stalking the website, have you considered getting a travel agent and seeing if s/he can do the stalking for you?
LoL, I have a TA and still stalk!
As of Oct, they would not transfer luggage from Portofino to Sapphire.
I wonder if they will transfer from Sapphire to PB? I always heard Universal doesn’t transfer so I’ve Ubered in the past.

In the past, they have offered luggage transfers from the hotels lower end to the premium hotels

You can call the hotel to verify if this is still valid
Thanks Mac I will ask. Somewhere I read (a long time ago) that Universal didn’t transfer so it never occurred to me to ask!

Thank you. I just called and the agent had me provide her with all 3 reservation numbers. She said she made a note that we would like to stay in the same room if possible but of course no guarantees. Keeping my fingers crossed and eyes on the website until then. :)
We move around often on vacation, what you have booked is well above my comfort level. Good luck there

my concern would be needing to check in & out in the lobby each morning/CC holds etc. that can be such a time suck.

have you checked PL, HW, Expedia…even triviago to see if anything is available @ one property For all nights?

So glad that all worked out for you, plus that you only have to deal with check-in/getting room keys once as that can take a bit of time. Enjoy your stay at HRH, I'm jealous!

I was just at Cabana for one night ( tried to add last night at desk check in but Sold Out!
You will be so thankful for Express Pass because U AP Premiere gets express after 4 every day . So take advantage of Early Morn hour because it is really hot !
If you are desperate for dining , Starbucks is located in CityWalk and inside both USO and I of Adventure .. They just added new menu items… They have a egg, sausage,bacon,potato burrito that is big enough to share. I ordered it both days of my one night visit So good
Their iced peach lemon Tea and get extra cup of ice to walk around in the heat Lifesaver ! I usually ask for no added sugar.
Anyway, I just use SBX for almost all my dining needs at UNiversal and Disney nowadays. (I’m local ) …because I hate mobile order.
Also the water transport , is really pretty ( lush landscaping ) and boats take to many different locations to explore Universal beautiful resort lobbies if you have time.
And it is worth it to visit Cabana Bay but would require taking their bus transport. Be sure to check out the upstairs too!
And don’t forget VooDoo Donuts!

Color me jealous and I just left !

Hope they have completed “The Kitchen “ renovation at Hard Rock…love their breakfast brunch and the poolside Bar has great food & service. Nighttime Movie on schedule poolside!
Havefun

Dontmiss the new All Hallows’ Hula Boutique hidden near the Lost Continent area of Isalnds of Adventure. ! It’s easy to walk past…
Currently they are designing the Tribute Store Theme to prepare for next holiday inside USO but the Monster Hula boutique is fun to walk thru . Universal is very very creative !
I also love the Today Cafe just inside Universal entry for breakfast items. No reservation required…And it is next to the new Bourne Stunt Show. This is a must even if you do not know what or who is Jason Bourne ?

Their is a great Mini Golf in CityWalk next to the AMC Movie theatre if you have time or love mini golf called Hollywood Drive I think.
I love how easy it is to get off the boat and enjoy all theme parks and CityWalk in same area and the vibe at night !

Universal just announced the Tribute Store is open today inside Universal Studios…
More fun for you update!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter