Universal military offers

Ariel on Land

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm a seasoned WDW vet, but have never done Universal, and I honestly don't know where to start. And to top it off, I'm thinking about this being a last minute trip for end of May. We are active duty, so I would imagine it would benefit to take advantage of their offers. Can any of y'all help me sort this through? I was trying to figure out the 4 day offer-- does that require you to stay on site or can it be an admission offer only? If we have to stay on site, any advice for a family of 5? Are the rooms discounted too? All I could find was a line saying "rates start at... $/per person/per night." Do we have to call to get a quote or is there somewhere to find that online? Is there a discount code to enter?

Thanks!

Last edited:
"Mil" is the discount code of the hotel. I would highly suggest buying tickets and hotel separately. There's not much of an advantage for the packages and you can't cancel and switch around with this. You can buy great ticket deals from either Shades of Green, or even better, a military installation. I am not sure which 4 day offer you are referring to, but I know they have ticket-only deals. Good luck!

Hi, we're AD Mil too! And heading to US/IoA in 2 weeks.

Your ITT office will have US/IoA Tickets. We got 2 Park-3day-PtP tix for $181 each. But If your going after Volcano Bay opens, the tickets change to 3 Park-3day-PtP for $220.75. ITT may offer 4 day tickets too (not ours).

Any of the onsite hotels can accommodate your family of 5 in one room, with different charges (rollaway) and configurations (rooms vs. suites) I'd book the MIL discounted room asap as they only have a limited amount of rooms available. Cabana Bay has the best vibe for families & the suites are roomy. We stayed there on our last visit and my kids loved it. Only downside, no express passes. This trip we're staying at Royal Pacific, to take advantage of the express passes. If you don't want to stay on site, there are many, many hotels right outside the parks. Most have fun pools, geared toward families, and offer MIL discount.

Have fun and happy planning!

Yep, good deal to buy tickets separate from the hotel. Use the code MIL on the hotel's website. If there are any rooms available at that rate, it will show up. Cheapest I have seen is the military tickets and they expire at the end of the year. And no, if you book room only, there is no requirement where you get your tickets from, and if you stay at one of the three onsite hotels that have express pass as a room benefit, again your tickets have nothing to do with the hotel's express pass. You get the express pass as a room benefit, even if you have no tickets. I find the packages not a good deal, and I book directly with the hotel via it's website. I've found, if I see a better rate, I call, and if it applies to my stay, they will change it without any fees. Also, room only has a much better refund time whereas the packages have a cancellation and change fee. You can also call the hotel's reservation line and ask what discounts are available during your stay. They can also book military rates via phone too.

I think in the Resorts tab, there is a thread that says rate I got was and people have listed if you need to see generally the rate people are getting. I've also found, the further out you are, the better the rates are. Last minute ones tend to be the highest rates.

Not AD mil anymore, but discounts work for Veterans too. Thank you for your service.

Yep, good deal to buy tickets separate from the hotel. Use the code MIL on the hotel's website. If there are any rooms available at that rate, it will show up. Cheapest I have seen is the military tickets and they expire at the end of the year. And no, if you book room only, there is no requirement where you get your tickets from, and if you stay at one of the three onsite hotels that have express pass as a room benefit, again your tickets have nothing to do with the hotel's express pass. You get the express pass as a room benefit, even if you have no tickets. I find the packages not a good deal, and I book directly with the hotel via it's website. I've found, if I see a better rate, I call, and if it applies to my stay, they will change it without any fees. Also, room only has a much better refund time whereas the packages have a cancellation and change fee. You can also call the hotel's reservation line and ask what discounts are available during your stay. They can also book military rates via phone too.

I think in the Resorts tab, there is a thread that says rate I got was and people have listed if you need to see generally the rate people are getting. I've also found, the further out you are, the better the rates are. Last minute ones tend to be the highest rates.

Not AD mil anymore, but discounts work for Veterans too. Thank you for your service.

Not much buzz here on military rates, would love to get clarification.popcorn::have searched in past and seen nothing on Loews website.

I thought it was only active duty that qualified @ Universal vs WDW's policies.

Do you have to have a military ID card or would a DD214 work?

Does the MIL rate qualify for youfirst benefits?

Not much buzz here on military rates, would love to get clarification.popcorn::have searched in past and seen nothing on Loews website.

I thought it was only active duty that qualified @ Universal vs WDW's policies.

Do you have to have a military ID card or would a DD214 work?

Does the MIL rate qualify for youfirst benefits?

Right, for the room, offered only to active duty. Which is why I cannot use it anymore. I would think either the CAC card or DD214 would work. I have done both, used MIL on website and called to get the military rate. Nice that discounted tickets can be bought by AD, Veterans, and DOD civilians. Gonna get the kids those from my ITT office.

Right, for the room, offered only to active duty. Which is why I cannot use it anymore. I would think either the CAC card or DD214 would work. I have done both, used MIL on website and called to get the military rate. Nice that discounted tickets can be bought by AD, Veterans, and DOD civilians. Gonna get the kids those from my ITT office.

Hmm, that's interesting. I made my reservations over the phone with Universal (back in February) for our trip in August for RPR and I clearly stated that my husband was retired but with full benefits and had an ID and they was no problem making a reservation. Now I'm afraid to call back and ask.

QUOTE="heidica, post: 57520012, member: 1479"]Hmm, that's interesting. I made my reservations over the phone with Universal (back in February) for our trip in August for RPR and I clearly stated that my husband was retired but with full benefits and had an ID and they was no problem making a reservation. Now I'm afraid to call back and ask.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it has changed. I asked 2 years ago, as my DH also retired then. I would not worry, just have your ID if they ask for it. I hope you have a great trip. Love Universal in the hot summer.

Ok, no room discount for he lol

Was told honorably separated, not retired tho, are not eliblibe ffor CAC card.

Believe nearest ITT naval office for us would be Great Lakes?

Like all things government, so many hoooooops

Ok, no room discount for he lol

Was told honorably separated, not retired tho, are not eliblibe ffor CAC card.

Believe nearest ITT naval office for us would be Great Lakes?

Like all things government, so many hoooooops

Yeah, which is why I think you said cannot get into SOG except for a few times. Yeah, mine is a disabled veteran. If you have a rental, there is an ITT office at the exit before the airport. Navy place, also has a small NEX. Could also stop at SOG.

Forgot about the SoG location, thanks!

Yes, Sept & Jan only for us but it fills up so fast, we were shut out this January when i started to look for last minute (4 months or so) prior.

Thanks for the info. Wish Loews had info on their website readily accessible to avoid confusion.

The RO discount can be used for retired? The MIL discount blurb on the website says Active Military members can save ... I booked that discount rate without even asking of it was valid for retired.

The info I found says that the discounts are valid for AD and RET as of 2015. I certainly hope so....we are staying at RPR in less than a week for 8 days on a MIL rate and we are RET. :blush: Pervious stays we have used the AP discount but this time the MIL rate was lower.

The info I found says that the discounts are valid for AD and RET as of 2015. I certainly hope so....we are staying at RPR in less than a week for 8 days on a MIL rate and we are RET. :blush: Pervious stays we have used the AP discount but this time the MIL rate was lower.
I really don't think most people know the difference in military IDs.

We've never stayed at the resort but tickets can be easily bought at Shades of Green or a local ITT office with your ID. The trip to SOG is part of our vacation ritual. I think they close around 7 or so but you may want to verify. If you are active duty you may also want to check on Seaworld tickets. They generally do a wonderful military ticket promotion each year for active duty and their direct dependents.

Agreed. We often use my dependent ID since it looks the same whether active duty or retired. They have to look closer to see the RET.
That's a great idea, the room is under my name so I will need to use my dependent ID.

I have been crunching numbers myself for weeks for the HHN time frame. I have been looking at whether Military, Travel Agent, or Annual Pass holder was going to be my best deal. I did find out that Universal offers the special tickets like Disney does. The one time a year thing, Salute to Armed forces? We used them in Feb at Disney. Universal's is $178 for 2 park, 4 day p2p and $219 for 4 day, 3 park. You can only get 6 and they expire at the end of the year .http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...y-discounted-3-day-park-to-park-ticket-offer/
Of course as others have said, you can buy tickets from Shades of green at a discount any time of the year
The Shades of Green tickets were 3 park 3 day p2p. NAS Pensacola has them for $181, 3 day p2p.

Hmm, that's interesting. I made my reservations over the phone with Universal (back in February) for our trip in August for RPR and I clearly stated that my husband was retired but with full benefits and had an ID and they was no problem making a reservation. Now I'm afraid to call back and ask.
So I would like to know what you find out. My husband is also retired and I just always assume that military discount applies as long as you have a ID card, which we do. I have a room booked for August in NOLA and Orlando in Sept. Now after reading this I am worried. If I budget and plan for these stays for with only the money that I need and I get there and they don't let me, what will I do? If they charge me another price I will have to sleep in the car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter