Universal for New Years Eve?? what are the park hours?

louise1928

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

Depending on the IOA and Universal Park hours during
the New Years eve holiday, my hubby and I may be there to celebrate new years eve.....We got a super rate to stay at the Holiday Inn across the street @ $66.00 per night......

Thanks

G & J Williams

We spent last New years eve at the Portofino, and attended CityWalks bash (excellent, they close the upper half and only allow the people in with tickets...can't wait for this year). Anyway...the parks must close around midnight...because that is when everyone started coming to citywalk..right after the fireworks (which are very good). Enjoy!

Although park hours for New Years Eve have not been set yet, this past New Years Eve both Universal theme parks were open from 8am to 1am.

Watch the weather before you arrive! This past year it was just around 32 degrees by 12 midnight!

That's right, it was a little chilly last year, no one seemed to mind though...most people didn't even have coats on by the end of the evening...I put long underwear under my clothing and I was roasting.

Thanks everyone for replying to my question....My husband and I decided just yesterday to spend New Years away from home this year.....I was hotel web sites on the internet and got a super rate at the Holiday Inn, now I am trying to find Airline tickets, but I am reaching a dead in there so we have to take Amtrak...I called Universal and the customer rep said tickets last year was $150.00 pp!!!! Wow, is it really worth that??
He said you get admission to citywalk including all the clubs, dinner and muscial show-fireworks.....

Thanks for any replys

G&J Williams

louise1928...have you tried travelocity.com for your airline tickets...I have always got the best rates from there. Where are you flying in from?? I posted a response to your other question...we love the citywalk new years eve party.

I did manage to get good airline tickets from Phila to Orlando departing 12/29-1/1/02 for $187.00 pp roundtrip...via USAIR.....

I figure I better buy these now, rather than waiting until the end of summer (which is what I started to do), because the closer it gets to the major holidays the higher the tickets may be.....What a sense of relief to have to these tickets...Now all we have to do is purchase the CityWalk New Years eve tickets....Should we get them as soon as they become available, or is it okay to wait until we get there????

Thanks again

P.S. Did I mention we got the hotel for $66.00 per night!?? That was also a good deal....

Last year we purchased our tickets the day before...our son had just moved here, we were driving around just showing him the town..we heard about the party on the radio...turned around and headed for Orlando...we bought the tickets...then sat down at a table outside of Pastamore and called for a room over at the Portofino...they had one available and we were all set. All I had to do was find some long underwear to put under my clothes (that was the hard part...since it was unseasonably cold here last holiday season...we are usuall still swimming in an unheated pool in december). Anyway...I would purchase my tickets as soon as I could, just to make sure you get them...I believe they only sell a certain amount...I guess I better get mine as well.

See ya there!

Great airfare you got as well...I always grab anything under $200 roundtrip when I can get it. We are usually going back and forth between Orlando and dallas/fort worth, or Orlando and La Crosse, WI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter