Universal Cheaping Out In 2009

:rotfl:
That's what I'm thinking, too.

And what I noticed was there seemed to be less Americans during the holiday at the parks. There was one point when my family was riding the Mummy while I was waiting for reservations at Lombardi's that I seemed to be the only American in the whole place. A man sat down beside me who was clearly with non-American friends and was complaining about the rudeness of foreigners...(how they cut lines in rides). How you'd be kicked out of parks in Middle America for line jumping.

I'm wondering what his friends thought of his comment. ;)

But you know he is right:rolleyes1 --I've seen guards time and again take line jumpers out of the parks at Cedar Point--I've never seen it happen at Disney or Uni.

I noticed that about the line jumpers too. One of my pet peeves is people skipping the line, and I can get worked up about it--probably not healthy:rotfl:

I'm going solo to Disney Feb 1-3, I don't have Disney tickets. I was just going to resort tour, shop, walk around etc. I've really been deciding on going to IoA one of those days, but with these reports, maybe not!

I'm going solo to Disney Feb 1-3, I don't have Disney tickets. I was just going to resort tour, shop, walk around etc. I've really been deciding on going to IoA one of those days, but with these reports, maybe not!
Oh I think you should still go even if it's for the day. You should have plenty of time to do what you want...just get there early and ride what you want to ride before the crowds arrive.

Disney does similar things too in the slower season. IoA/Unversal is absolutely worth going to despite these reports. It's more of a wake up call that things like this aren't appreciated and it's more of a "Please don't go further!" plea. Disney's cutbacks have been pretty severe since Jan 1st too. (Not to mention entire setups like Pleasure Island)

February enters into Mardi Gras time for the parks and that's nearly always fun.

I agree and I wouldn't let these reports stop anyone from going cause Universal s always a fun and exciting place
At least to me and I don't like crowds but Universal is well worth it to me :thumbsup2

I just wasn't planning on going to any parks at all, so I'll just have to decide a few days before if I should call Mears or not. :) Waiting in lines is not something I want to do on this vacation. *sits by the pool and reads* Can't you tell I'm ready to escape the snow?! :laughing:

My Universal Amex is burning a hole in my pocket though. :wizard:

Oh I think you should still go even if it's for the day. You should have plenty of time to do what you want...just get there early and ride what you want to ride before the crowds arrive.
Yes, early is good. We tend to go in the afternoon because our Premier Pass FOTL starts at 4 p.m., so by then it's pretty crowded. If you get there first thing, you can get a LOT done before the crowds descend and the lines start backing up.

Universal ans IOA are always a great place to visit. Just some of us are always there (like a second home to us) and notice the changes real easy, but should not discourage you from going.:thumbsup2

Universal ans IOA are always a great place to visit. Just some of us are always there (like a second home to us) and notice the changes real easy, but should not discourage you from going.:thumbsup2

That is true,great advise!!

to be honest the only reason we are crowded at universal right now is because of the tour groups. this is our slow season and none of us expected to have so many guests, but it's really crowded and it's because there are more tour groups than usual.
if you are coming just be prepaired- most of these groups are from areas that do not speak english and most of them are teenagers (most don't behave very well to our standards because their culture is different than ours)

to be honest the only reason we are crowded at universal right now is because of the tour groups. this is our slow season and none of us expected to have so many guests, but it's really crowded and it's because there are more tour groups than usual.
if you are coming just be prepaired- most of these groups are from areas that do not speak english and most of them are teenagers (most don't behave very well to our standards because their culture is different than ours)
Tour groups... :scared1:

dont forget that other orlando resort is also cheaping down. fantasmic two nights per week. same for spectromagic. at least at universal, they arent just pulling the plug on popular items.

Might as well hang up the pass and wait til sometime in 2010 when HP opens. Though I'm not a fan of HP there's nothing wrong with new attractions they come in store for us. Perhaps the only time i'll go is for HHN...AND they better have it at IOA this time.

Might as well hang up the pass and wait til sometime in 2010 when HP opens. Though I'm not a fan of HP there's nothing wrong with new attractions they come in store for us. Perhaps the only time i'll go is for HHN...AND they better have it at IOA this time.

i wouldn't count on HHN being moved to IOA.
the studios side is larger and can accommodate the event there, especially since the crowds have grown larger.
IOA is just too small of a space to do it up right.

i liked it when it was at the ioa side but can see the difference of it returning to the studio side.
i can remember when they moved hhn from the studios side to ioa, then combined hhn at both parks one year.

i don't love parry hotter also.
but, i am looking forward to new rides being put in.
whatever they are, i'm sure universal will do it first class and with style.

i wouldn't count on HHN being moved to IOA.
the studios side is larger and can accommodate the event there, especially since the crowds have grown larger.
IOA is just too small of a space to do it up right.

i liked it when it was at the ioa side but can see the difference of it returning to the studio side.
i can remember when they moved hhn from the studios side to ioa, then combined hhn at both parks one year.
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter