Universal’s covid strategy better?

tommygunn

Maniacal Disney Addict!!!!!
I’m not a fan of their properties, and granted Disney is a whole different animal. But don’t you get these sense that Universals strategy of handling reopening is better managed? Catering to AP holders, clearer communication up front, faster, etc.

I've only been to Disney (but I'm not blindly supporting them). I think it's a hard comparison because of inherent size. I have to imagine trying to figure something on this scale is just...different.
  • Disney parks has 27 hotels vs. 4 at Universal (which are owned by Loews)
  • Disney has 43 square miles vs. Universals 1.3
  • 4 parks + 2 water parks + golf courses at Disney vs. 2 parks + 1 water park at Universal
  • DVC at Disney vs. no vacation club at Universal
  • Disney Springs large shopping area vs. Universal City Walk which is much smaller
  • 200 restaurants at Disney vs. less than 50 at Universal
  • Disney yearly attendance 58,311,000 vs. Universal 20,496,000
That's not to say they couldn't have done it differently or better, just a thought.

I had planned a June trip to Disney, switched to Universal because our vacation dates could not be changed. So, I started following and posting on the Universal boards for the first time, as I last visited Universal in 2014. I have noticed that overall the posters on the Universal boards don't seem to be stressing over as much. In fact, I seem to be stressing more than most of the others! I think it is a combination of many things-fewer people have been going to Universal, Universal is smaller and therefore easier (?) to operate overall, customer service was MUCH quicker to get in contact with because of this and made things easier to find out/change for me. I am now really excited about our new plans! I want to go back to Disney, but after/when things settle down. Right now, it seems Universal will have fewer limitations on previous park experiences, albiet they had fewer experiences to begin with than Disney. I think it is turning out to be so much simpler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter