Under- estimated restaurants

The Grand Floridian Cafe. We had dinner there before a Mnsshp last October, and the food was very good. My niece loved her salmon, and insists we go back next time we are at WDW.

The wait staff was attentive, but not obnoxiously so. :thumbsup2And the restaurant is very pretty.

I had a really good meal the time I ate there but I would caution anyone that if they eat there while the band is playing be prepared for a very loud experience. It was hard to even communicate with the rest of our table. We didn't mind but there are others that would hate it.

I agree with everyone who said Captain's Grille...it never gets mentioned and it is VERY good! I had dinner there last November and everything we had was great! And the CM's that work there are very nice! :thumbsup2

Well, I'm definitely going to have to try Nine Dragons now!

We had a great CS meal/lunch in Germany - our super (irrationally) picky kids loved the "hot dogs" and pretzels; we loved the brautwurst and yummy beer! Even the apple turnover was delicious. Limited indoor seating, though. We lucked into a spot - I think someone felt sorry us!

I one trillion percent say The Plaza at MK. Might be in our top 3 faves restaurants on property. Amazing sandwiches, REAL steakfries, to die for deserts and milkshakes, and a daily special like meatloaf. The service is wonderful and it is so adorable in there. Most people do not even realize that there is a TS restaurant there by the ice cream parlor. On our planned July trip we have 2 ADRs there.

Y'all are so mean for telling people the Captain's Grille is good - DON'T BELIEVE THEM, PEOPLE!!! It's a trap! I heard they use water from Bay Lake in their soup! And they lie, they don't even HAVE a Captain! Chef Mickey's is much better...just pick up the phone and make your ADRs there and we'll forget about all this Captain's Grille nonsense!

:rotfl2:

Some more popular now then others:

Cape May Cafe dinner (ohh how I miss you Oreo bon-bons, my fav!!!)

OMG I think those bon bons are total hidden gems of disney. Besides the mussels, ribs, and other fantastic seafood, those bonbons are heavenly (and we make sure to ALWAYS leave enough room for these!) Considering CMC has delicious food and great service, and the tables are seperate enough that you dont feel on top of other people (hello Chef mickeys!), we always make sure we have an ADR here! I hear so many people rave about the other buffet restaurants, people don't give Cape May enough credit!

People complain all the time about the CS places at Hollywood Studios, but I love love love Starring Rolls. I guess people forget that it's not just a bakery, it also has really huge sandwiches. There's usually not much of a line, and we go there every trip. They used to have a bagle with cream cheese and smoked salmon platter in the mornings which we loved, but I didn't see it on the last trip.

We LOVE starring rolls. As New Yorkers, we live on good bagels, and it is RARE to find bagels in disney! Not that they are amazing, but the place is really good! We get there early, grab a fastpass for a ride, and sit there having our coffee and bagels! Scouting out a table at that place is a whole other ordeal lol.

OMG I think those bon bons are total hidden gems of disney. Besides the mussels, ribs, and other fantastic seafood, those bonbons are heavenly (and we make sure to ALWAYS leave enough room for these!) Considering CMC has delicious food and great service, and the tables are seperate enough that you dont feel on top of other people (hello Chef mickeys!), we always make sure we have an ADR here! I hear so many people rave about the other buffet restaurants, people don't give Cape May enough credit!

Love Cape May for breakfast too!! Great character interaction.

We LOVE Cosmic Ray's in the MK... we go there every trip!! The rotisserie chicken meal is SO filling, and if you're on the dining plan you use a CS credit, but it fills you up like a table service place. Mmmmmm it's so good!

Y'all are so mean for telling people the Captain's Grille is good - DON'T BELIEVE THEM, PEOPLE!!! It's a trap! I heard they use water from Bay Lake in their soup! And they lie, they don't even HAVE a Captain! Chef Mickey's is much better...just pick up the phone and make your ADRs there and we'll forget about all this Captain's Grille nonsense!

HAHAHAHA!!!!! I just about spit my Coke Zero onto my computer screen! (And I WILL be making Captain's Grille ressies for my next trip....ssshhhh)

I couldn't get any first choice ADRs for a late planned trip in Feb. I was trying to make them online and The Garden Grove at the Swan Hotel popped up as a suggestion. They have 3 alternating buffet themes--we were there for Mediterranean night and it was fabulous!! Fun dining room with a huge oak tree in the center with twinkling lights...and Goofy and Pluto were there too. Table side salad served, then you help yourself to the buffet. Good drinks too! I thought we were settling, but found a hidden gem (the place was never more than half full???). We walked around the boardwalk for a while afterward.

Totally agree! The food is excellent and they have different offerings than you find at most WDW character buffets. Also, the atmosphere at the Garden Grove is more upscale and less hectic than at most other WDW character meals. Finally, on Monday & Friday nights, they have the Lion King characters (Timon and Rafiki).

I love Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast and The Wave (shhhhh - steak was better than Le Cellier's;)) for dinner. We also enjoy lunch at The PLaza.

I am now intrigued about these Oreo Bon-Bons that you speak of and will have to make an ADR at Cape May for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter