Unbelievable treatment!

I feel your pain. I was recently treated almost unbelievably rudely by a CM on property (not over the phone), which is definitely an anomaly in my experience. I, too, have had the problems with information being incorrect in the reservations system, and for some reason it is never fixed, either. I called yesterday and was told my name was listed 16 times and my son's 15 times! And two of our rooms were double-listed while one was completely missing. Today we received e-mail confirmation for only 2 out of 3 rooms so I guess I will be back on the phone again tonight to see if that can be straightened out. I don't really mind the computer problems, to a point, but there is NO excuse for rudeness!

I am a travel agent and deal on a regular basis with the fact that my clients information is wrong. Makes us a TA's look bad. Spent alot of time just this week trying to straighten out an endless mess made of ADR's for people traveling in Oct.

Every time I call in to make a reservation, they pull our household info up before letting me book anything. The accuracy of this information seems very random. Occasionally they will have a phone number listed that's six years old or have our previous zip code listed. (It was changed about 8 years ago.) However, sometimes all that informaion is correct. It makes no sense. :confused3

The most maddening part is that we took a Grand Gathering group a year or so ago and all 14 of those people are now listed as being part of our household. So, every time I call up to make the reservation they (without fail) ask me my first name. I tell them (every time) and they say I'm not listed in my own household, and then rattle off the 20 or so names they DO have listed for us - but not mine.

HOW CAN MINE NOT BE LISTED?? I'VE BEEN TO DISNEY WORLD (ON SITE) 20 TIMES - AND EVERY SINGLE RESERVATION WAS IN MY NAME!!

And, more times than I can count, I've gotten a pin code discount postcard that I can't use because it's sent to our address in the name of one of the many people we have taken to Disney World. Just last week, I got one in my sister's name. I took her on one trip in 1997. Last winter, I got one in the name of my 13 year old niece. :confused3

The most maddening part is that we took a Grand Gathering group a year or so ago and all 14 of those people are now listed as being part of our household. So, every time I call up to make the reservation they (without fail) ask me my first name. I tell them (every time) and they say I'm not listed in my own household, and then rattle off the 20 or so names they DO have listed for us - but not mine.

And, more times than I can count, I've gotten a pin code discount postcard that I can't use because it's sent to our address in the name of one of the many people we have taken to Disney World. Just last week, I got one in my sister's name. I took her on one trip in 1997. Last winter, I got one in the name of my 13 year old niece. :confused3

Me too, its bad when your not even listed in your own household
And the discount code being sent to someone else that doesnt even live in your home and never has!! This part really drives me nuts!

Yes, our info has been wrong, the last several ressies, supposedly fixed, wrong again, supposedly fix and on and on. Its been very bad. Its agravating to call and repeat the same info over and over and over, especially on my dime. Our latest ressie confirmation had our last name spelled 4 different ways, a first name wrong, the wrong address - one that we've never lived at. I must have called 5 times to get it right (at least I think its right now). What a huge waste of everyones time! I wonder what would happen if you didn't bother getting it fixed ahead of time... and why Disney makes such a big deal about this data if they can't keep track of it? :confused3 And I think I may have spoken to the same rude CM. He INSISTED that Fantasia was the only prefered section at ASM, and he was very unpleasant. I've stayed at ASM many times and wanted to ask if I was over-charged when I paid for preferred and was assigned Toy Story and Dalmations sections but I didn't waste my time. We plan to take a break from Disney vacations next year, and I hope when I calll again in the future the dumb system is fixed!!!!

I have the same issue. Either my phone number, email address or mailing address is incorrect.

I called within the last week and the girl who I got on the phone was very defensive about me telling her there is always an issue with their system bc my information was wrong again. She refused to help me with my reservation bc she said I was not who I said I was and argued with me that there is no way their system could have incorrect information. :rotfl: I told her no need to help me, I will call back and get somebody who can.

So, I called back, anotehr CM helped me and I spoke to Guest Services. The guy in GS told me this happens all of the time to more than half of their guests. They don't know why and have no idea how to fix it.

I feel you pain and I understand that frustration. :hug:

Me too, its bad when your not even listed in your own household
And the discount code being sent to someone else that doesnt even live in your home and never has!! This part really drives me nuts!

We get discount codes for our friends all of the time. Want to know what is really weird? We have never been to WDW with them and they have never used our mailing address. Wonder how Disney Marketing messed that one up.

This has happened to us also. We moved in April 06 and for whatever reason, every time I call, they have our old phone #. Everything else is fine. I even had one castmember laugh when I said the phone # was our old one, and they asked if this had happened before-so, it would appear they're aware of the problem, but it hasn't been fixed.:confused3

I don't know about anyone else, but yes I have tried that and it still doesn't seem to keep the correct email address.

This has been my problem for years!!! In fact, one CM told me that I specifically had the notation in my file "DO NOT CONTACT VIA E-MAIL". I almost fell out of my chair when I heard that one; no wonder we never get ANY Disney e-mails! Another thing at least 2 different CMs have told me is that our various info is kept in different (non-communicating) databases meaning that even if some data gets corrected in one database it may not get corrected in another (or lost in the next update too, I guess...).

The same thing has been happening to us. We have a grand gathering in Jan. and ever since we first started planning it(beg. of August) the information is always wrong. The names are wrong, the addresses are wrong, phone number numbers, etc. I also have corrected these things about a dozen times. I wonder what the problem is?

Our information is wrong too. Apparently we haven't made a trip since 2001 :confused3 Maybe someday they'll get it right.

You might hear back. We are going in April. We are taking the kids for the 1st time. I called to make ressies and asked about a few hotels (since I was new to this and didn't know) and she snapped at me that it was NOT her job. If I wanted to make a ressie then make it! She kept sighing and stuff so I told her to forget it, I would go through someone else. After I made the Ressie through a travel agent I called about dining. (still being new and I had not found this sight) She freaked out on me because I was calling before the 180 days. I apologized and told her I didn't know. I was told to "just RELAX and take a Deep breath, that I needed to calm down" I asked her what she was talking about? I did write an email and told them that so far my experience planning my families trip was horrible. I did get an email back apologizing ...

Thankfully, we haven't had any major problems, but we have received postcard PINs in my mother's name because we took her to Disney in '05 and the Disney system will apparently remember her forever as a member of our household. That's no big deal, though, because I do all her travel planning and most of her travel involves me & the kids anyway.

We also have an ongoing problem with our phone number that I'm just hoping never becomes anything more than an annoyance. At some point, a cast member entered our phone number with an 811 area code, which isn't a valid area code but is an easy typo to make, and one of the many cast members who has changed it for me commented that the invalid number could cause a problem with ADRs if it was noticed in an audit. I've now changed the blasted number 5 times, and it still comes up wrong every time I call to add/tweak ADRs.

Wow- guess I'm not the only one! Every single time I call they have me listed as living in a different state, then try to tell me that it must be the address of a friend or family member. I kindly relate that I don't know anyone in Elmira, NY ( I have only lived in Indiana, Lousiana, and now Florida). Then I get my confirmations at the correct address but in the "system" they have my street address and phone number wrong. I have to set aside a good hour every time I call just to try and correct everything. To make matters worse I always ask if it has me noted that I DO want to receive emails ( hence any codes) and it ALWAYS defaults to "no emails". They never have the dates of my last visit ( always have me listed as last visited in 2001) even though I have been there twice this year....sigh. At least I haven't had a rude person like the OP described but no one, including a guest services supervisor, has been able to keep an update/correction on my information. Seems they are losing a lot of valuable data and potentially losing guests due to sending promos to the wrong names, households, etc.---Kathy

You should start using 800.828.0228. ;)

Is this really a Disney phone number? After all the years of sitting on the phone an hour plus each session and sometimes longer I could have been calling a 800 number?
There have been times I was on hold so long that when they came back I would ask nicely of course if they were going to pay for my call and they always say I can send a copy of my bill to them but I never have... Hmm I will try this number next time thanks....

We frequently comment that since Disney seems to be able to make almost everything else wonderful and cutting edge that it is amazing how screwed up their computer systems are. The website hardly ever works and the reservations computers are bizarre. For the past couple years, our info has been correct for the most part, but right before our trip last week, I called because we hadn't received our Magical Express tags yet -- and they had an address in another state which was a combination of mine and my mother's old addresses combined and an email that was probaby 10 years old... And then when we checked in and I asked for a printout of our ADRs for our 10 day trip, there were only 2!!! Apparently, even though I gave my reservation confirmation every time, somehow the ADRs were floating around without it and under incorrect spellings of our name...

But it all worked out ok. :goodvibes Just frustrating.

As for the mail -- in 1996, I went to Disney with my then BF. 11 years and two state moves later, I sometimes get mail for his parents! Not even in his name -- I have no idea how that happens -- as far as I know, they've never even been to Disney. :confused3

I think Disney needs a gigantic system overhaul and it just isn't possible. They would probably have to take the entire system down for a good chunk of time and they can't do that... I do wish there was a better solution for the hours we spend on the phone, though. I'd love a more automated online system...:rolleyes:

jawdown.gif

Are they outsourcing the reservations system now? I know WDW had been doing that in a lot of areas lately. If not (and even if it is) that is terrible customer service and I hope WDW had a talk to this fella (just before they gave him his pink slip).

All I can say is, Disney, you get what you pay for when it comes to cast members.

Actually, the work environment in those phone centers pretty much guarantees nice, helpful, sane people wouldn't want to stay there long.

Just MHO.

And about the database issues, last year we had a trip where I was given a room key with Joe's mom's name on it (they traveled together about two years ago, once), have no idea how that happened, and had to straighten that out, then another trip Joe was Mr. Joe McWilliams, my last name, not his.

Don't even get me started about trying to make changes to reservations with them. That's just scary -- both times we've tried it, it's been a complete mess up requiring multiple phone calls and an almost completely missed cruise because they had just cancelled me and never put the new dates through. Their IT is a serious disaster.

I get emails from Disney directed to my son all the time. They send it to my email address, but the salutation says "John, it's your September Disney Hello" or something like that. He also somehow got listed on our DVC stuff (I reserved a studio for him last winter). Maybe he should pay the dues?

The worst thing was that they called my DH's cell :scared1: to confirm some information when I renewed our DVC annual passes. BIG MISTAKE. It took me days to straighten out that fiasco. His cell is not listed on ANY of our contact information...how they got it is beyond me.

This is going to be a little rant so if you would rather not listen to someone grumbling this would be a good time to leave this thread.
Last year around the middle of October Disney updated their systems. Since then every time I have called to make reservations, change res, add to res, make meal plans (whatever I am calling for) they never have my information right.. In the last 3 year we have visited about 12 times so they have been hearing from us a lot. Each time I call I have to change at least one part of my information be it my Name (they have had people listed as head of our house that we don’t even know), our phone number, address and always even if everything else is correct our email. I bet you think this is what I am complaining about but really its not. We have gotten used to it and have excepted that for one reason or another they can get the system to except our information. I know that they do try to re-enter it and that it seems to reset itself the next day. Anyhow, this last time when I called the guy I was talking to said our information didn’t match and I tried to tell him the story and let him know that it would change back even if he changed it. He became irate with me and told me he could do it, he didn’t care what other people couldn’t get accomplished that he could do it. He demanded I give him my correct information so I began to give it to him but during the pauses I tried to let him know that everyone has tried to correct the problem even the people in guest services and that I really didn’t think this would work.. He then yelled at me and told me not to tell him how to do his job (I don’t think I was telling him how to do anything but). This was the final straw and I asked him if he could repeat his name and he refused and demanded my information. I had to ask him 4 times before he yelled again THIS IS ALEX, THE ONE AND ONLY AND DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH THAT NOW GIVE ME YOUR CORRECT PHONE NUMBER! So I asked him if I could talk with his supervisor and he tried to ignore that also but I continued to insist on speaking with a supervisor. Finally he said fine have a very magical day (but it was in a snotty tone) then he transferred me to not his supervisor but to one of the hotels front desk, I am sure he didn’t even attempt to get a supervisor and figured that would be that and I wouldn’t bother trying to call back.
Well I did call guest services who gave me the email to write guest communications and they assured me I would hear back from them. I have yet to hear back and I guess that is fine I just hope they did take care of the guy. I have been to Disney a lot of times so I know this is not the norm but could you imagine if I was a first timer and got in touch with this guy, What a magical start that would be huh?
Ok I’m done ranting guys, I just had to get that all off my chest lol
By the way, has anyone else had problems with your account since they updated? We have actually had them send us a 40% off coupon in the mail for another name, we called to tell them that the name was wrong and they asked for the names of all the people in our household and that person they sent the coupon to was actually listed in our household even though we dont have a clue how beacause they never lived with us and they had attached them to our household on accident. However even though we told them we would like to take advantage of the coupon anyhow they told us we couldnt because we had to have that last name. *sighs* I was very disappointed to say the least...

Wow, Alex was a little persnickety there! I hope you get some results on your complaint, how can you not use a coupon that was sent to your address for an elusive person who lives in your home?

They keep changing my info too and it keeps getting changed back to the old info, who knows...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter