Unable to get FP+ for 7DMT at 12.01am et

Shorter hours & MVMCP - there are less FPs to give out

I agree that it's the shorter operating hours at MK, mostly due to the parties. The drop off for FP+s available seemed to happen right after Labor Day, which coincided with the start of the parties.

The first two full weeks of August, the MK was opened from 9-midnight and 9-11 p.m., respectively. That's 203 operating hours in those two weeks.

In the first two full weeks of October, there are six Halloween parties, which end up contributing to a cut in hours down to 164. That's a 20% reduction in normal park hours, which is going to mean a 20% reduction in the number of FP slots available. I think that's the biggest factor in the reduced FP availability.

How do you see what other FP+ are available? Do you go into the "update Fast Pass +" section and choose "change experience"?

For those of you who switched to a single 7DMT, how do you do that?
What if you can't copy the other party members?

I think that's an excellent question.

I find it hard to believe it has to do with the usual crowd fluctuations, but who knows? Maybe they've scaled back on the FP pool so that standby isn't as long? A consistently long standby line for this highly-anticipated attraction might be bad press? Just throwing ideas out there....

These are pretty plausible ideas that I hadn't considered before. Hopefully this, coupled with the recent uptick in the marketing mailers about FP+ (I got two mailers and two emails about it), is what's causing the full bookings at 60 days.

These are pretty plausible ideas that I hadn't considered before. Hopefully this, coupled with the recent uptick in the marketing mailers about FP+ (I got two mailers and two emails about it), is what's causing the full bookings at 60 days.

The other theories are good too. Maybe some combination of all.

For what's it worth, after having read a thread about some fp openings that seem to have popped up, I went and checked - there were several days that I checked that had openings not only for SDMT, but the elusive A&E. If someone's needing something between now and 11/15, might want to take a look.

For what's it worth, after having read a thread about some fp openings that seem to have popped up, I went and checked - there were several days that I checked that had openings not only for SDMT, but the elusive A&E. If someone's needing something between now and 11/15, might want to take a look.

are you seeing ANY E&A for nov 4, 5, or 7th? I see nothing :(

I agree that it's the shorter operating hours at MK, mostly due to the parties. The drop off for FP+s available seemed to happen right after Labor Day, which coincided with the start of the parties.

The first two full weeks of August, the MK was opened from 9-midnight and 9-11 p.m., respectively. That's 203 operating hours in those two weeks.

In the first two full weeks of October, there are six Halloween parties, which end up contributing to a cut in hours down to 164. That's a 20% reduction in normal park hours, which is going to mean a 20% reduction in the number of FP slots available. I think that's the biggest factor in the reduced FP availability.

Wonder what is the difference in number of onsite guests...if a 20% less guests than it would wash perception wise...

I also wondered if this time of year, fall is no a popular time for Europeans travelers who happen to book longer trips. Hence also able to book those overlapping weeks?

are you seeing ANY E&A for nov 4, 5, or 7th? I see nothing :(

It's been a couple of hours since I looked, but I don't remember looking at those specific dates. There were a lot more for October than November- perhaps they're letting additional fp's out at the 30 day mark, but that's just a guess.

Nothing for A&E in November I could see. There was 7dmt on the3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th.

Interestingly tho, when I look at October 15 ( the 30 day mark for off site) there is A&E. When I check the 16th- just outside the 30 day mark- there are none. Backing up from the 15th, there are many days where they are available, very few after the 16th.

With my superior investigative skills ;) I have decided they must have opened up more passes for 30 days.

Take my skills with a grain of salt, but that's sure what it looks like to me. So there's hope at least that they'll do that again for those of you still hunting.

How are you able to look at other days availabilities other than the days you have chosen or even other times on the days you have chosen that aren't starting with your original 3 fast pass times? All other days other than my 5 days I have chosen for my fast passes are greyed out. Since most of my fast pass selections are in the morning, those are also the times it is allowing me to check for Anna and Elsa and I highly doubt at this point I will get a morning times slot for that attraction. I have seen other people post that they have seen time slots open for multiple days and also previous months and wondering how you do that? Thanks in advance!

I really think they should take SDMT off the front page of the official website. It is very annoying to see the suggestion to book a trip, enticing you with the new ride, suggesting a FP is so easy, and then you are never able to obtain a FP for!
I am a disney nut, family AP holder, living an expensive flight away, 5 trips this year, 3 after 7DMT opened, onsite guest, long and short stays, and at high and low times of year, and have had no luck at any time of day ever getting the FP. I am a diser, know the strategies, and can only imagine how frustrating an infrequent guest can feel, and I am tired of it all. It is crazy. I love FP+ and MDE, but the SDMT nonsense is killing me. :sad::sad::rolleyes2:rolleyes2:badpc::badpc:

:confused3 I booked 7DMT three of our four MK days w/ease, for FIVE people without having to copy over FP+ times. I even changed our times two days after booking for still had no issues and saw LOTS of times available I just plugged us all in and founds spots. I really think MDE is fickle and likes certain Web browsers or something.

How are you able to look at other days availabilities other than the days you have chosen or even other times on the days you have chosen that aren't starting with your original 3 fast pass times? All other days other than my 5 days I have chosen for my fast passes are greyed out. Since most of my fast pass selections are in the morning, those are also the times it is allowing me to check for Anna and Elsa and I highly doubt at this point I will get a morning times slot for that attraction. I have seen other people post that they have seen time slots open for multiple days and also previous months and wondering how you do that? Thanks in advance!

I just go to make new fp, select a fp, then select a date up to the 60 day mark. If it's a day I've already selected fp's for, a box pops up saying this will change that fp- I don't look at those dates for fear I'll mess up what I have scheduled.

We didn't have any trouble getting our fp's, so I sure don't want to lose them! But I can look at any date up thru 11/15. I have an AP, so not sure if that makes it different for me or not.

:confused3 I booked 7DMT three of our four MK days w/ease, for FIVE people without having to copy over FP+ times. I even changed our times two days after booking for still had no issues and saw LOTS of times available I just plugged us all in and founds spots. I really think MDE is fickle and likes certain Web browsers or something.

Well I guess I am just a loser

How long was your trip. We've got 5 as well but only going to be there 5 days. And for 2 of our party, they will only be at MK our first and second day, so I'm really worried we won't get a FP for that day.

How long was your trip. We've got 5 as well but only going to be there 5 days. And for 2 of our party, they will only be at MK our first and second day, so I'm really worried we won't get a FP for that day.
We are going for 9 days. Our last MK day was day 7 of our trip.

teentoddlermom: Like I said in my post, I really think MDE is fickle and likes certain Web browsers or something. So try a different browser when making your selections. Was in no way implying YOU were doing something wrong or were unlucky. Pointing out that MDE is very temperamental and to look into switching up your devices/browser.

We are going for 9 days. Our last MK day was day 7 of our trip.

teentoddlermom: Like I said in my post, I really think MDE is fickle and likes certain Web browsers or something. So try a different browser when making your selections. Was in no way implying YOU were doing something wrong or were unlucky. Pointing out that MDE is very temperamental and to look into switching up your devices/browser.

If true, that's just 1 more secret handshake on top of all the others you have to know to get a FP+. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!