Unable to get FP+ for 7DMT at 12.01am et

Who said anything about a 10 day pass? Plenty of annual pass holders would have that exact question.
I do have a AP and we are going over Thanksgiving weekend so I was just wondering about it. Don't mean to start anything. Sorry. Really did not think this question was any different then people booking a throw away room.

I do have a AP and we are going over Thanksgiving weekend so I was just wondering about it. Don't mean to start anything. Sorry

No need to apologize. If anyone started anything it was me as you were just responding to my question. Not sure what cakebaker means when saying that it should be obvious why nobody responded. It's certainly not obvious to me. If it's because doing what the question suggests is considered wrong or not playing fair, I guess I'll just agree to disagree. Whether you feel that way or not, there's been far worse suggestions for scamming the system so to speak that have generated discussions on this site, so taking issue with the concept is certainly not an obvious reason for the lack of responses. Anyways, I'd still appreciate an answer if anyone knows, as I'm genuinely curious.

As an aside, I'm an AP holder and would almost certainly not even have plans to go as far as 60 days out because we generally head down on short notice, so the question isn't even for my own benefit.

I do have a AP and we are going over Thanksgiving weekend so I was just wondering about it. Don't mean to start anything. Sorry. Really did not think this question was any different then people booking a throw away room.

I have an AP, you book up to 7 days out without a reservation. With a reservation, you get the 60 day window. We haven't stayed past 7 days with the AP so not sure how that works if I had a longer stay. I'm not sure how an AP changes anything. But perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.

From what I've been told, throwaways are actually paid for, not cancelled, but perhaps I'm wrong on that and it's common to book and cancel.

The original question was:

"could someone who only plans on vacationing for three days book a ten day trip, open their window on day sixty (which is really days 68-70 for the final three days), wait ten days, and then cancel the first seven days of their trip, essentially booking FPs for the three days they really want to travel 70, rather than 60, days in advance?"

In order to be able to book 10 days out- you have to have a 10 day pass. If I'm wrong on that , I'm sure someone will let me know, but fp is tied to your ticket, not your reservation. Your reservation only unlocks the 60 day window.

I have an AP, you book up to 7 days out without a reservation. With a reservation, you get the 60 day window. We haven't stayed past 7 days with the AP so not sure how that works if I had a longer stay. I'm not sure how an AP changes anything. But perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.

From what I've been told, throwaways are actually paid for, not cancelled.

"could someone who only plans on vacationing for three days book a ten day trip, open their window on day sixty (which is really days 68-70 for the final three days), wait ten days, and then cancel the first seven days of their trip, essentially booking FPs for the three days they really want to travel 70, rather than 60, days in advance?"

In order to be able to book 10 days out- you have to have a 10 day pass. If I'm wrong on that , I'm sure someone will let me know, but fp is tied to your ticket, not your reservation. Your reservation only unlocks the 60 day window.

10 day reservation (7 days earlier than needed) + 3 day ticket should do the trick. When check in day + 10 opens, book all the FPs on the last 3 days (when you actually plan on being there).

Then wait and cancel the first 7 days of reservations later.

Should work.

But not sure I would trust the FP system to not lose things? :confused3

From what I've been told, throwaways are actually paid for, not cancelled, but perhaps I'm wrong on that and it's common to book and cancel.

With an AP you can actually book 30 days out without a reservation. Just did it about 25 days out. My guess is that it works as Cannuckbiggs describes, but was just curious if anyone has tried. Like I said, I don't read too far into the FP+ threads, so I haven't seen it if it's been mentioned elsewhere (and I presume it has been discussed before as I'm not so arrogant to think I'm the first one to think of this).

10 day reservation (7 days earlier than needed) + 3 day ticket should do the trick. When check in day + 10 opens, book all the FPs on the last 3 days (when you actually plan on being there).

Should work.

Well, color me confused. I was with the understanding that you had to have a valid ticket for every day you booked fp+. In order to get 10 days out, you had to have a 10 day ticket.

Well, color me confused. I was with the understanding that you had to have a valid ticket for every day you booked fp+. In order to get 10 days out, you had to have a 10 day ticket.

You're confusing two concepts. You can book for 60 +10 days (the "10 days out" you're referring to) but you can only book FP+s for the number of days you have tickets. So if you have 5 day tickets, you can book any 5 of the 10 days of your +10. You don't need to book day +1, +2, +3, +4, +5; it's possible to book day +10, +9, +8, +7, and +6 if you choose to.

We did this on one of our trips where we were holding a 5 day ticket but were planning to add a day once we got to Disney. We were going to the parks for 6 days that trip. I booked 2 days at MK, 1 day at DHS, and one day at Epcot ahead of time, knowing that the AK FP+s were either not going to be necessary or weren't going to be hard to obtain once we got there. The AK day fell before one of the MK days.

Nope.

You can book 10 days out. But only for the number of days you have a valid ticket for.

Nope.

You can book 10 days out. But only for the number of days you have a valid ticket for.

You're confusing two concepts. You can book for 60 +10 days (the "10 days out" you're referring to) but you can only book FP+s for the number of days you have tickets. So if you have 5 day tickets, you can book any 5 of the 10 days of your +10. You don't need to book day +1, +2, +3, +4, +5; it's possible to book day +10, +9, +8, +7, and +6 if you choose to.

Got it, thanks for the explanations.

I checked literally morning, noon, and night. People are constantly on the site changing their plans.

That sounds like barrels of fun.

I'm not sure how a zero % chance of getting a FP+ is better than a small % chance. Anything is better than nothing.

:thumbsup2

Not to mention the worry and constant checking that goes on for the last 60 days leading up to your trip.

Should work.

The ones this would not work for are the ones booking free dining with a specific start date. Their tickets have to be tied to the free dining package and if the days leading up to their stay are not included in free dining, it won't help.

There was no small chance- by 5-6 in the evening, you weren't going to get fp's for the popular rides. With this system I have up to 60 days to try and get them. All the watching and stalking in the world wasn't getting us a legacy in the evenings or early mornings unless we rope dropped and ran.

But we are are getting them. We didn't need a&e although there was at least one day we could've gotten them. And we didn't book our reservations till July for our end of August trip- within the 60 days and they've both been relatively short trips- 4 days in August, 5 this trip.

We've used the system twice and it's worked for us. As I said, it doesn't for everyone, but nothing does.

If you were there at opening you got a FP-, if I can't get a FP+ at "opening" I'd be unhappy.

We've had four trips with FP+ for a total of over 30 days in the last 6 months.

All of them during peak times. With a limit of 3 FP+ and nothing available for the 4 th and the standby lines in the AM were longer so we weren't able to get on attractions like we used to. Less is not better.

End of August is very different from the beginning of August when we were there. It worked for you, but it did not work for us. The FOTL pass and EE at Universal were much more valuable. We did DA at opening and then spent the rest of the day NOT waiting in lines.

As I have been saying since FP+ was introduced, it all depends on the crowd level. When we were there I never saw a wait less than 2 hours for 7DMT, however, during lower crowd level's it may be less.

It took me a week & half to finally get FP for the mine train. Just be persistent & u will get some!

the 7dmt seem to pop up a lot more than I expected. I got on at 12am last night and have already seen availability come and go with 7dmt for most of my trip (except the first weekend).

AE just seems hopeless though. I get it. We can always wait standby. I'm really hoping they are at the MVMCP (and not with a $99 per head special even ticket!)

Don't give up. I didn't get 7DMT at the 60 mark, but i now have 4 FPs for it on two different days. It will become available if you just keep checking.

I'd forgotten how much fun I had checking EVERY SINGLE morning for months because I wanted a FP+ for the parade.

We are there for 10 nights, 9 days(11/12-11/22) and I was having difficulty with SDMT for the first few days of the trip. Things opened up later though. I managed to get SDMT twice, TSM several times and A&E once. Plus we have MVMCP tickets so I'm hoping that that will help as far as lines for SDMT.

I'm starting to firmly believe that they are holding FP's back in increments. Someone suggested they hold another pool for 30 days out, I wonder if they are holding a certain percentage of day of. They should, it's the right thing to do.

That sounds like barrels of fun.

Actually, if you focus more on getting something accomplished rather than whining, it's not so bad. It literally takes 3 secs...

Everyone is so negative here these days...

crostorfer said:
I'm starting to firmly believe that they are holding FP's back in increments. Someone suggested they hold another pool for 30 days out, I wonder if they are holding a certain percentage of day of. They should, it's the right thing to do.

I think they do that with FP and ADRs! Saving them for the ones who stay off site and the ones who book last minute.

Actually, if you focus more on getting something accomplished rather than whining, it's not so bad. It literally takes 3 secs...

Everyone is so negative here these days...

What site are you on that takes 3 secs?

I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support.

Not everyone is snorting pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter