*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I understand this, this group is just like the fb group that was created for the dis 20th event that had several dis employees and others in it. It was quite useful during the event as more people are active throughout the day on fb than on the boards.

Absolutely - couldn't agree more! It's just a group to help those in the parks make quick contacts.

Might want to make it private so only people in thr group can read stuff. The last event fb group was. Not sure what others thoughts are on it.
I think I did and changed to invite. I think. Not very good at this.

I think I did and changed to invite. I think. Not very good at this.

It still shows public. I can't remember where in there the setting is and I'm not an admin of any fb groups any more so I can't check.

Well, right now I'd prefer if we can keep planning to the DIS board. I appreciate that FB is helpful for day-of changes and I appreciate the drive/energy to want to connect, but having two different information streams is problematic. If the FB group is used for social banter, that's different in my mind.

I'm concerned about people who do not use FB and would miss out on any planning discussions or opportunities to meet up. Additionally, it will be harder to update first posts on this thread by having to keep current in multiple streams/ discussion sources. Consolidating active planning to the DIS board (threads) will help to keep information centralized and updated.

I hope this isn't taken as a negative. I'm excited that folks want to connect and create community! So looking forward to seeing y'all!

While I understand this, this group is just like the fb group that was created for the dis 20th event that had several dis employees and others in it. It was quite useful during the event as more people are active throughout the day on fb than on the boards.
It's a group HELPING these members......really? This is going against policy?
Let me check -- and I was part of those groups, so I get it -- but if this thread is already here where people are putting information to share and can organize groups, why does there need to be a separate Facebook group doing the same thing? I know that we have this policy in place about creating groups in other venues then inviting DISers to go to them, and as I said, I'll check. be back

Let me check -- and I was part of those groups, so I get it -- but if this thread is already here where people are putting information to share and can organize groups, why does there need to be a separate Facebook group doing the same thing? I know that we have this policy in place about creating groups in other venues then inviting DISers to go to them, and as I said, I'll check. be back

With the last one there were people that found that group that don't post on the boards at all. The planning stayed here though we did post some things to fb due to not everyone all being in one spot.

It was up to the organizer of each event to do/not do and coordinate it. But I know for my solo breakfast I had at least 1 person that found out about it from FB not from the unofficial thread. But the main planning stayed here.

It's helpful for when you are actually there because it's just more timely than checking the boards.

It is also by far easier to share photos on FB tham here for a lot of reasons.

Thanks for checking MaryJo! I’m good with whatever call is made and the outside group policy makes a lot of sense for general use. But perhaps John or Pete would make an exception in this case since we are all here for the same reason to raise money for GKTW! 💜 💙

Thanks for checking MaryJo! I’m good with whatever call is made and the outside group policy makes a lot of sense for general use. But perhaps John or Pete would make an exception in this case since we are all here for the same reason to raise money for GKTW! 💜 💙

You guys make a really good point :) - ultimate goal is to get the word out about this event, so I'll reinstate those threads. Thanks for helping me think this through, everyone.

We got our tickets today! We'll be at Fort Wilderness 9/8-9/12, gonna drag the bigassbus down.... still looking at which parks which days... definitely wanna go to the Wine Bar George brunch. And want to see Epcot Forever. *sigh* so much to do!

Don't worry - you'll get to do all of that! So exciting. VERY excited to see Wine Bar George for the first time myself.

Okay. I have a question for those of you that have been to parties before. So, the GE party. My friend and I are staying at Caribbean Beach. We will probably be at Animal Kingdom some during the day and then back to the resort to change/rest before the party. Anyone know if the skyliner will run to get us there? Would we need to just make sure we leave early to time with close to park close? And then to return, I assume the skyliner won't be running and a previous post said the busses would take people back to the Contemporary. So, how do we get back? If we have to take an Uber or Lyft anyway, there is no reason for us to bus back to the Contemporary. We will not have our own car. Just trying to figure out if there is a way back to our resort using Disney transportation or if we need to plan on paying for a ride share option.

Yeah, when Dreams was organizing the parties, there was shuttles to various Disney resorts. I asked in ?May? (some #x months ago) if that would occur. I was told by a GktW organizer that the only pickup/drop was Contemp. So yes, if you're going to have uber at the end of the night anyway, it rather makes sense to do so from DHS.

I'm planning to host a pre-SW GE gathering at the Contemporary for more DIS socializing ad SW nerding. (Prob. starting at 8pm) You're welcome to come over to the Contemp to hang out and take the buses over!

Thanks for all your help Mary Jo! The Facebook page is mainly for when the event is happening to share where we are, organize, and pictures! It is easier when you are at Disney. Planning will still take place here. I did start an event for Epcot Food and Wine event I am hosting to make it easy. If any other host wants to start an event on page for ease, let me know. Kate, could you add Food and Wine meet starting at France Pavillion at 11am to 1st page? Thanks.

Thanks for all your help Mary Jo! The Facebook page is mainly for when the event is happening to share where we are, organize, and pictures! It is easier when you are at Disney. Planning will still take place here. I did start an event for Epcot Food and Wine event I am hosting to make it easy. If any other host wants to start an event on page for ease, let me know. Kate, could you add Food and Wine meet starting at France Pavillion at 11am to 1st page? Thanks.
This is Saturday 9/11 at Epcot.

Yeah, when Dreams was organizing the parties, there was shuttles to various Disney resorts. I asked in ?May? (some #x months ago) if that would occur. I was told by a GktW organizer that the only pickup/drop was Contemp. So yes, if you're going to have uber at the end of the night anyway, it rather makes sense to do so from DHS.

I'm planning to host a pre-SW GE gathering at the Contemporary for more DIS socializing ad SW nerding. (Prob. starting at 8pm) You're welcome to come over to the Contemp to hang out and take the buses over!
I was thinking of taking bus to Disney Springs from Contemp. Then get bus to ASMovies. I am solo this trip and do not feel comfortable Ubering.

I was thinking of taking bus to Disney Springs from Contemp. Then get bus to ASMovies. I am solo this trip and do not feel comfortable Ubering.
You may want to verify what will be available at 1am. (Assuming buses leave at 12:30a, arrive Contemp about 12:45a) I'm not familiar with the bus schedules to know what will be running after DSprings is closed. Perhaps we could get a thread going for post-SW:GE travel buddies?

This is probably a good idea ...getting an Uber after the event could be problematic. I don't know how many will be going, and of those how many will have their own transportation, but in the past late night Uber/Lyft's haven't been very quick. With a big crowd, that will create a high demand and long waits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter