*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion Sept 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8Davies

K8Davies
Hi Everyone so I starting this again for the September meet up.

1st Post:
This first post will be used for tracking "official *un*official" information - so details of unofficial meetups when set, along with the official events all tracked together.

2nd Post:
Next, we will keep track of who is staying where (if you are willing to share) - this gives a good idea of who will be there, and for what dates - can help if you want to find someone at your resort to meet up with and potentially help with transportation back after the party - we can use this post for "carpool" information as well

3rd Post:
Lastly, this will be used for tracking ideas for events - this can be the idea for the event itself (Karaoke, "bucket crawl", breakfast, morning run, etc.) or for the type of event you are looking for (looking for bar friends, looking for non-bar friends, looking for family friendly events, etc.). We found the later to be really useful in the past, especially for solo travelers or those new to the meetups, etc.

Feel free to post any info or ideas right in this thread or send me a message if you prefer!

Let the planning begin!!

Official details can be found here https://gktw.org/disfam/

Friday 10th Boo Bash (attendees)

K8Davies
EE_Mom
Tiggerette
JKeenz
GAN
Purple Komodo and Friend
Bartleyosu
Jimmymc
Mickey’s my Spirit Animal
SteveW8002
TomorrowlandKD
Cheri of all Trades (+1)

Saturday

After Hours Event in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - 10pm-12am

Sunday 12th Boo Bash

Last edited:
Who Is Stay Where:

AKL

SteveW8002 - 09/08 - 09/12
jimmymc - 09/08-09/12

AOA
K8Davies 09/07 - 9/13

POP
TresGriffin 09/08 - 09/12

BLT
Pgsle - 09/07 - 09/12
Webmastermaryjo (Mary Jo) and Califgirl (Chris) - 09/07 - 09/11 (then one night at Swolphin)
Tiggerette 09/08 - 09/14
OKW Lover and Val 09/09-09/11

BWV
Cheri of all trades - 09/04 - 09/06
Bartleyosu - 09/09 - 09/12

CBR
Puplekomodo and friend -09/09-09/12

CSR
jacstangler (Christy and John) - 09/08 - 09/12

Contemporary
Remark44 - 09/08 - 09/11
Jkeenz 09/09 -09/12

AKV/RR:
rlduvall 09-08-2021 to 09-15-2021

GFV
Cheri of all trades - 09/06 - 09/12

OKW
Pharmer_Amy - 09/08 - 08/12

Poly
EE_Mom 9/09 -09/12 (then BLT for one night)

SSR
GAN - 09/04 - 09/12
rchristiansen (with Hubby, mum and dad) - 09/08 - 09/12

Offsite:
PamNC -John & Kevin's Villas - 09/07 - 09/13
Mickey’s my Spirit Animal - Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek - 09/08 - 09/12
Shesapirate - Storey Lake - 09/03 - 09/12

Last edited:
Dis Meet Up Ideas

Wednesday, 9/8 - Epcot - Afternoon - Hosted by Jimmymc
F&W followed by Epcot Forever After
Going:
  • Jimmymc
  • tbd

Wednesday, 9/8 - Disney Springs - 8pm - Hosted by Michele&Jessica
Jock Lindsey Hangar Bar Meet
Going:
  • Michele&Jessica
  • tbd

Wednesday, 9/8 - Outdoor Location TBD - evening -- Hosted by TBD
Pre-Expo Gathering.
(Suggested Locations: Pool area at resort where most DISers are staying, Sunset pavilion at the Boardwalk loop, Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar at D.Springs)
Going:
  • tbd

Friday, 9/10 - Magic Kingdom: Location TBD - evening
Boo Bash meet up. Separate ticketed event at MK Fri Sep 10, Sun Sep 12. - moved this to the top as I know on the show Chat, people are really keen so I might do a 10th or 12th group
Going:
  • tbd

Saturday, 9/11 -Disney Springs - Morning
Wine Bar George Brunch - Morning of Sept 11th - organiser Tres Griffin
Going:
  • TresGriffin
  • Tiggerette
  • Mickey’s my Spirit Animal
  • EE Mom and Hubby
  • She’s a Pirate

Saturday 9/11 - EPCOT (France Pavillion) - 11AM
F&W Meet Up - 11am of Sept 11 - Organiser Bartleyosu
Walking around F&W having a few drinks and nibbles
Going:
  • K8Davies (TBC)

Saturday, 9/11 - Contemporary - 8pm-9:30pm
Star Wars Nerding. Meet up to enjoy the Force of the SW fan community. (Location ideas: Contemporary for easier bus loading) Saturday 8pm- 9:30pm
Going:
  • tbd

Sunday, 9/12 - Magic Kingdom - evening
Boo Bash meet up. Separate ticketed event at MK Fri Sep 10, Sun Sep 12. - moved this to the top as I know on the show Chat, people are really keen so I might do a 10th or 12th group
Going:
  • tbd

Other Potential Gatherings/Suggestions:
  • Geyser Point tea time. Covered area outside.
  • Sashay and Sip (or Dapper Stroll) from Polynesian/Contemporary to Contemporary/Polynesian. Wear festive apparel (Tiki? Dapper?) to stroll/scoot by ECV in the evening or early morning. Mostly outdoor.
  • Early morning dash/jog/walk. Watch dawn while enjoying a great walk outdoors, followed by socializing. Suggested locations: Boardwalk loop, Saratoga Springs to Downtown Dis.Springs
  • Watching fireworks at Cali Grill/Top of the World/Other near Contemporary. Indoor/Outdoor options.
  • Disney Character Warehouse. Off-property shopping trip for amazing bargains. Early morning for best selection.

Last edited:
Tiggerette: BLT Sep 8-14

Ideas:
- Wed Pre-Expo Gathering. Evening outdoor. (Suggested Locations: Pool area at resort where most DISers are staying, Sunset pavilion at the Boardwalk loop, Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar at D.Springs)
- Geyser Point tea time. Covered area outside.
- Sashay and Sip (or Dapper Stroll) from Polynesian/Contemporary to Contemporary/Polynesian. Wear festive apparel (Tiki? Dapper?) to stroll/scoot by ECV in the evening or early morning. Mostly outdoor.
- Early morning dash/jog/walk. Watch dawn while enjoying a great walk outdoors, followed by socializing. Suggested locations: Boardwalk loop, Saratoga Springs to Downtown Dis.Springs
- Watching fireworks at Cali Grill/Top of the World/Other near Contemporary. Indoor/Outdoor options.
- Boo Bash meet up. Separate ticketed event at MK Fri Sep 10, Sun Sep 12.
- Star Wars Nerding. Meet up to enjoy the Force of the SW fan community. (Location ideas: Contemporary for easier bus loading) Saturday 8pm- 9:30pm
- Disney Character Warehouse. Off-property shopping trip for amazing bargains. Early morning for best selection.

Thank you so much Kate!!! I'm willing to be a co-host for all of these ideas above. (Except for Boo Bash, I'll be going Friday 9/10, but don't have tix for Sun 9/12.) I know we won't be able to do all these, but I thought it best to offer them and see where "the Force" resonates most strongly. Thank you again for your awesomeness! (Go England for Euro!)

Last edited:

You guys are Rockstars. :thanks: And I will make an amendment to my previous binding offer: I will buy Tiggerette and k8Davies any drink or cocktail of their choice during the Event (rain permitting, exclusions apply, blah, blah).

I will be staying at AKV/RR: 09-08-2021 to 09-15-2021

You guys are Rockstars. :thanks: And I will make an amendment to my previous binding offer: I will buy Tiggerette and k8Davies any drink or cocktail of their choice during the Event (rain permitting, exclusions apply, blah, blah).

I will be staying at AKV/RR: 09-08-2021 to 09-15-2021

Thank you that so kind and you don’t have to…

Although I never say no to a Margarita:rotfl2:

Thanks for organizing this!! My husband and I will be staying at the Poly during the event (8-12) then moving to BLT for one night. We are DIS Fam first timers and hoping to join in some of the group events. We have tickets for the Boo Bash on the 10th. I'm hoping Trader Sam's is open by then. I've seen some rumors floating around that it will be soon. If it is open maybe an evening meet up there for some Tiki drinks.

Thanks for organizing this!! My husband and I will be staying at the Poly during the event (8-12) then moving to BLT for one night. We are DIS Fam first timers and hoping to join in some of the group events. We have tickets for the Boo Bash on the 10th. I'm hoping Trader Sam's is open by then. I've seen some rumors floating around that it will be soon. If it is open maybe an evening meet up there for some Tiki drinks.

Yay and welcome the last meet up was my first and it was A-mazing.

So Know you and your hubby will have the best time.

Im going to the Boo Bash on the 10th think a few of us are, hmm think we need an identifiable article that signifies us as Disser.

last time we had bandannas and I heard at one meet up they used green hearts - hmmm let us ponder a while, as I’m sure if we put our heads together we can come up with something cool; but won’t interfere with anyone’s costume.

This is fantastic! I will be traveling solo and staying at Pop 9/9-9/12. Although I’m still keeping an eye out and may consider changing to an Epcot resort or contemporary if I see one pop up with a discount.
I also have my ticket for Boo Bash on 9/10!
First time DIS event for me, although I’ve been following and listening for many years. I’m actually here at WDW now but sadly we will be flying home to Massachusetts tomorrow. Looking forward to connecting with some new Disney friends in a couple of short months!!

Julia

This is fantastic! I will be traveling solo and staying at Pop 9/9-9/12. Although I’m still keeping an eye out and may consider changing to an Epcot resort or contemporary if I see one pop up with a discount.
I also have my ticket for Boo Bash on 9/10!
First time DIS event for me, although I’ve been following and listening for many years. I’m actually here at WDW now but sadly we will be flying home to Massachusetts tomorrow. Looking forward to connecting with some new Disney friends in a couple of short months!!

Julia

well if you stay in POP we’ll be neighbours so happy to ‘Pop’ over (pun intended) to say hello.

also hope you’re having a fun time in WDW can’t wait to get back feels like forever.

well if you stay in POP we’ll be neighbours so happy to ‘Pop’ over (pun intended) to say hello.

also hope you’re having a fun time in WDW can’t wait to get back feels like forever.

that would be great! You will be so close!! Cannot wait! I am sending ALL the good vibes for UK travel!!

thank you! We have had a great week here but it has been obscenely hot these last couple of days. We are taking a long break at our resort and still not sure if we will return. We are enjoying CBR and the pool was so needed today!

Solo traveler here. Just got my ticket to the Dis Family Reunion and staying at Contemporary. I didn't even think about the Boo Bash, but that sounds like fun. I think I may go on 9/10.

Can't wait to see what other events pop up for solo travelers.
Melissa

There’s a lot of Solo travellers, me included, so you won’t be on your own.

staying at the contemporary will be awesome as if you let know the dates and I’ll add you to the top.

Great job Kate - thank you for doing this. I am staying offsite at John & Kevin's Villas
Tiggerette: BLT Sep 8-14

Ideas:
- Wed Pre-Expo Gathering. Evening outdoor. (Suggested Locations: Pool area at resort where most DISers are staying, Sunset pavilion at the Boardwalk loop, Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar at D.Springs)
- Geyser Point tea time. Covered area outside.
- Sashay and Sip (or Dapper Stroll) from Polynesian/Contemporary to Contemporary/Polynesian. Wear festive apparel (Tiki? Dapper?) to stroll/scoot by ECV in the evening or early morning. Mostly outdoor.
- Early morning dash/jog/walk. Watch dawn while enjoying a great walk outdoors, followed by socializing. Suggested locations: Boardwalk loop, Saratoga Springs to Downtown Dis.Springs
- Watching fireworks at Cali Grill/Top of the World/Other near Contemporary. Indoor/Outdoor options.
- Boo Bash meet up. Separate ticketed event at MK Fri Sep 10, Sun Sep 12.
- Star Wars Nerding. Meet up to enjoy the Force of the SW fan community. (Location ideas: Contemporary for easier bus loading) Saturday 8pm- 9:30pm
- Disney Character Warehouse. Off-property shopping trip for amazing bargains. Early morning for best selection.

Thank you so much Kate!!! I'm willing to be a co-host for all of these ideas above. (Except for Boo Bash, I'll be going Friday 9/10, but don't have tix for Sun 9/12.) I know we won't be able to do all these, but I thought it best to offer them and see where "the Force" resonates most strongly. Thank you again for your awesomeness! (Go England for Euro!)

- 9/7-9/13

Hi, I'm Steve and I'll be staying at AKL 9/8-9/12; I'm traveling solo and it will be my 1st DIS event. My kids are older now, and while my wife enjoys Disney she is not the nerd that I am and decided to stay home. I am looking forward to meeting new friends with the same interests.

I'm considering coming down a day early to go to Universal as I'm a big Jurassic fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter