*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its official..........the Disney Skyliner will open in August 2019................August 28th o_O .

I saw the news on Walt Disney World Today.com

I'm more bummed about this then missing out on Ryno's event 😒

Doug :goofy:

just an FYI that site you are pulling that from is not really supportive by the DIS due - also it isn't confirmed yet by Disney (though am hearing some other rumblings around that date or near it as well and also even on that date may only be the HDS and POP/AoA lines) ... but still, we shall see. Definitely leaning more towards it not being open for the event though

In case anyone hasn't heard Tuesday's show yet, John mentioned that the ice cream social with Dreams agents still had openings (I don't know if it still does now). More importantly, he mentioned that he and Kevin, Kathy, it sounds like Ryno, and possibly others will be there. I wish they would have included that info in the description as I think it would have garnered much more attention.

Looking forward to making new friends at the August Pandora party.
I am staying at Disney Springs resort area.
Has anyone booked the “Villains After Hours party” on August 8th 2019? I just purchased ticket for Villains party.

Hello all,
At this time it looks like I will be traveling to the Dis August Pandora party Solo.
I would be interested in the MonoRail pub crawl on Thursday August 8, 2019.
I purchased Ticket for the Villains After Dark party. I figured it would be rare to see Villains After Hours instead of the DVC Animal Kingdom night party.

And I think the Pre-Pandora party meet-up Inside the Park at Normandy Lounge is Brilliant.
Yes sign me up for that as well.
I am staying over at Disney Springs resort area.

Afan have decisions been made concerning the Garden Grille breakfast? When are we meeting? Where are we meeting? Are we paying one person? Does anyone in the group have TiW?

Afan have decisions been made concerning the Garden Grille breakfast? When are we meeting? Where are we meeting? Are we paying one person? Does anyone in the group have TiW?

just tagging @afan ... also, I now for Hoop Dee Doo I started a message with everyone that was registered so might make sense to do the same with everyone registered for the Garden Grill breakfast so everyone sees it and if someone has a TiW they can offer it up, etc.

Last edited:

It's still far enough away to me that I haven't quite thought about it. On my list for the next week or two. I'll send a pm to coordinate. Probably easier to meet at soarin than outside the gates.

I would think we could do individual checks, esp if some are paying with bands etc. It just splits the mandatory tip. We can ask when we check in. I have an ap but no tiw and no one else has mentioned having either.

It's still far enough away to me that I haven't quite thought about it. On my list for the next week or two. I'll send a pm to coordinate. Probably easier to meet at soarin than outside the gates.

I would think we could do individual checks, esp if some are paying with bands etc. It just splits the mandatory tip. We can ask when we check in. I have an ap but no tiw and no one else has mentioned having either.
Same, AP but no TIW. I figured we'd meet at soarin' and anyone offsite that can't get into EMH can meet us at the restaurant.

Same, AP but no TIW. I figured we'd meet at soarin' and anyone offsite that can't get into EMH can meet us at the restaurant.

And if for some reason they won't let us split the payments, which I can't see happening. I can pay it and take either cash, venmo or paypal.

Howdy! I just realized that Magical Express won't get me to the resort in time to meet y'all at Pop on Wednesday evening (08/07). So I'm going directly to Yee-Haw Bob @ POR for the 8pm-ish show.

Are any other DISers coming to Yee-haw Bob's @por that night? Should I wear my BIG'80s bright lime green lace top?

And if for some reason they won't let us split the payments, which I can't see happening. I can pay it and take either cash, venmo or paypal.

I’ll be there for GG breakfast. Im on the dining plan BUT I also have TIW. When using it with a big group, we all chip in cash or use our gift cards. Cash is easiest and GG is a set price for breakfast I believe.

I’ll be there for GG breakfast. Im on the dining plan BUT I also have TIW. When using it with a big group, we all chip in cash or use our gift cards. Cash is easiest and GG is a set price for breakfast I believe.

Good to know. I'll have a gc but can do credit for me or all, don't carry cash.

======== SCAVENGER HUNT NEWS ========

Hi everyone!

The EPCOT Scavenger Hunt questions and tasks should be completed tonight! I am saying this, because this is a reminder that the event and the start of this Scavenger Hunt is less than one month away!!!

Here are some further details regarding the Scavenger Hunt:

- Online registration for the Scavenger Hunt will end at 12 p.m. EST on August 1st.
- If you want to participate in the Scavenger Hunt, but you forget to register by the deadline or decide to do it later, we will take walk-up registrations at our Welcome Party at Pop Century. This will be your final opportunity to register for this event as the Welcome Party is the official start of the Scavenger Hunt.
- On August 1st, team captains for teams that have registered will receive a private message from me on Disboards.com confirming your registration. We will need important information on how we will be getting the Scavenger Hunt questions and tasks to you in that private message on August 1st. So, please reply as soon as possible.

If you are registering for the Scavenger Hunt, please fill out this information in a post below:

Team Name:
Team Captain:
Team Members (up to 3 extra members or family-size):
Disboards names (Please mark team captain with a #):
Will you be at the Pop Century Welcome Party (Y or N):

We look forward to seeing everyone in just a few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts