*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by TheMaxRebo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

Please add me to list for bucketcrawl and trivia. Also, you can post my name Crystal Bartley. Thanks for doing all of this. Is there a facebook group for this like last time?

2. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

I’d definitely be up for illuminations and maybe regland road if it doesn’t conflict with official meetup stuff. This is my first dis meet so I’m not really sure how many events the team plans but I want to make sure I do some of those. Everything sounds like so much fun, we need an extra week!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. thiabelle

thiabelle Mouseketeer

We cannot wait! I am Thiabelle (Cynthia IRL) and my DD will be joining me- she will be 18. We are staying at POFQ Aug 7th-11th.
    Would be interested in anything that helps us meet fellow Dis-ers (both of us are terribly shy around new people). Quick question- Would love to do the "Bucket Crawl" but I don't drink alcohol (and obviously DD doesn't)- is the Crawl appropriate for non drinkers?
    Also interested in the day at UO. We summer in Tampa so we can be flexible- and we will have a car so would be happy to help with carpooling.

5. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I've added this and listed you all and @Ron from Michigan as interested

We did the Homecomin' lunch the day of the party and was a nice option for people who were maybe looking to take the day of the party a bit easy / not do a park day that day

6. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I haven't started a Facebook group or seen one yet. We can definitely do that though if people found it useful last time

PrncessA likes this.
  7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Well, we are just making this "Bucket Crawl" thing up as we go - so we can make it appropriate for whatever we want! Obviously you'd need to be ok with being around people who are drinking but given the time inbetween stops (and the cost of drinks at Disney) I don't expect it to be full of a bunch of drunks or anything.

Most places will have some specialty non-alcoholic drinks as well. I know Sebastien's Bistro, where there is talk of getting a meal during this does.

8. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

DD and I don't drink alcohol and are planning on joining the (terrifying) skyliner crawl assuming we work up the courage to get on board the (terrifying) skyliner :blush:.
    I've gone on pub crawls before and i always find them fun even though i don't drink - well i drink...just not alcohol :goodvibes
    there's always something to order, even if it's just diet coke :)

9. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Absolutely. All bars have non-alcoholic options and regular soda and juices. And you don't need to drink everywhere you go at all. We did the drink around the world with Corey and Julie last time and our daughter was not quite 21 yet so couldn't have alcohol. She still had a great time and she did get a couple of specialty non-alcoholic drinks along the way.

10. thiabelle

thiabelle Mouseketeer

Thank you so much! I love the (terrifying) idea of the Skyliners and I don't mind being around people who are drinking- sometimes it can be a hoot!

If only Coke Zero was offered everywhere- or at least everywhere I am

11. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I vote for that, too. I much prefer it to Diet Coke.

12. rchristiansen

rchristiansen DIS Veteran

That would be great! Then all the “unofficial” events could be linked to that group too

disneyholic family likes this.
  13. czechplz

czechplz Earning My Ears

As of now, that date is pretty flexible and will likely change in accordance with the official meet ups.

14. czechplz

czechplz Earning My Ears

Please add my group as being interested in the NASA meet up!

15. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

The FB Group was helpful last time with keeping certain things “together” since it allowed for different convos to be threaded together instead of mixed in with other convos like what can happen on the boards sometimes.

16. PrncessA

PrncessA Dis_Mom_

The one that we used for last year is active, some people left, but we can change the name and keep it going if you want. Or a new one can be created as well.

bartleyosu likes this.
  17. czechplz

czechplz Earning My Ears

I literally JUST made one for this event. I sent it to @TheMaxRebo. Once he approves it, it will be posted here.

18. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Are we moving forward with an FB Group or?

19. rchristiansen

rchristiansen DIS Veteran

The skyline freaks me out a bit too, but I don’t want to miss out on this. Perhaps there may be some of us that want to Follow everyone in the buckets while “Ubering around the world” and meet them there :)

Also @Max Rebo - add Me and my husband to the bucket crawl event. I’ll take an Uber, if I don’t get the courage to get in the bucket. Lol! And also add me, my husband, and daughter to the pre party meetup & trivia events.

Finally, I’d be happy to be in charge of the teen meetup planning.

Yay! It’s so far away, but I’m so excited!

20. Lisann

Lisann Thank you, Walt.

I'm assuming in the 1st Post you mean 2019? On my screen it says 2018.

Thanks for organizing and scheduling all of this, Phil.

21. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Thanks for volunteering for leading the teen event - put in that and the other updates!