Ultimate 21-days Ticket, Upgrade to AP

Hopefully as they only credit a value it shouldn't matter - and they have no issue with DVC so we'll find out, in December!!
It was the parking that changed things for me - $25 a day, not paid for parking in years, so dont plan to start!!

Hopefully as they only credit a value it shouldn't matter - and they have no issue with DVC so we'll find out, in December!!
It was the parking that changed things for me - $25 a day, not paid for parking in years, so dont plan to start!!

You would hope so! Fingers crossed for you

Wow, this seems incredibly expensive if you are just going once a year.

It is. Before the recent price rises it was definitely better value. If you are going twice off property then it is better value than 2 x 14 day tickets due to the free parking

Thank you. Our next stay is in July and the 21 day tickets for that date is £469 or approximately USD 570, so for the second AP it will depend how much more it costs that this. I am hoping that an upgrade figure will appear in MDE when we check in in September but I fear we may have to wait until our package begins two days later.
It would have been nice to be able to give the ‘spare’ package MM away.
Hi @Welsh_Dragon sorry to wake up your old post but just for a heads up - I've noticed that our 14 day UK tickets have now reverted back to 2019 price of £399. My tickets are for January 2020 and I assume yours are for July... so we have effectively both paid £100 over the top of Disney's current price :(
I'm going to call Disney today and see if it is (or was back when we bought ours) a glitch with the website.
Here's a screenshot taken today: 14 and 21 day tickets overpaid £100!.JPG

Hi @Welsh_Dragon sorry to wake up your old post but just for a heads up - I've noticed that our 14 day UK tickets have now reverted back to 2019 price of £399. My tickets are for January 2020 and I assume yours are for July... so we have effectively both paid £100 over the top of Disney's current price :(
I'm going to call Disney today and see if it is (or was back when we bought ours) a glitch with the website.
Here's a screenshot taken today: View attachment 452309

Can you let us know what the outcome is please. Thanks

Yes of course I will :)
Have you had the same thing happen @luvpoohandcompany
Yes but I childmind for a living so can't spend the time it takes to get things sorted on the phone with disney until the weekend lol
Thanks for the heads up though :thumbsup2
I will say Disney UK did refund us money a couple of years ago when the price of our hotel dropped -I hadn't noticed and they did it without me asking. It was so nice to have the extra holiday cash to spend at Disney :rotfl::goodvibes

Yes but I childmind for a living so can't spend the time it takes to get things sorted on the phone with disney until the weekend lol
Thanks for the heads up though :thumbsup2
I will say Disney UK did refund us money a couple of years ago when the price of our hotel dropped -I hadn't noticed and they did it without me asking. It was so nice to have the extra holiday cash to spend at Disney :rotfl::goodvibes

Hi @luvpoohandcompany Glad you had some pixie dust last time, that was so kind of them - and great business sense :)
Sadly it doesn't look quite so promising with this issue though, I called and spoke to cast member Sarah.
She suggested I send an email to:
disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com
Include your resort reservation number
Copy of ticket invoice showing date purchased and amount paid.
Explain that the price on Disney booking website is now showing less and ask if they can do anything to rectify the situation.
She said they will respond within 5 working days.

Sorry it's not better news (so far) but I think I may call DVC member services as I bought the tickets through DVC.

Hi @luvpoohandcompany Glad you had some pixie dust last time, that was so kind of them - and great business sense :)
Sadly it doesn't look quite so promising with this issue though, I called and spoke to cast member Sarah.
She suggested I send an email to:
disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com
Include your resort reservation number
Copy of ticket invoice showing date purchased and amount paid.
Explain that the price on Disney booking website is now showing less and ask if they can do anything to rectify the situation.
She said they will respond within 5 working days.

Sorry it's not better news (so far) but I think I may call DVC member services as I bought the tickets through DVC.
Thanks for getting back to me. If I get anything different I'll let you know :goodvibes

Here's a screenshot taken today: View attachment 452309
Thank you for posting this. While at WDW in September I bought APs to also cover our July 2020 trip and have squeezed in a little Christmas 2019 trip too. Good luck with trying to obtain refund.

While at WDW in September I bought APs to also cover our July 2020 trip and have squeezed in a little Christmas 2019 trip too. Good luck with trying to obtain refund.

Glad you got yours sorted @Welsh_Dragon - would you mind telling me which Ultimates you bought and the price you paid for them. Also which Annual pass did you upgrade to and the discount you were given.
Hope you had a fabulous trip in September, have fun planning your future trips
Thanks for your input :)

I had a speedy reply back from Disney:)
Here's what I wrote and their reply. It seems that I booked between promotions :(
hopefully the guy is correct... I will take a copy of our invoice just in case :)

Dear Disney,
I'm writing to ask if there has been a glitch on the Disney booking site with regard to park tickets.
I purchased two Ultimates to use alongside our reservation for January 2020 at Jambo House AKV.
This booking was made using our DVC points.
I enclose a copy of receipt for two tickets I purchased on September 6th 2019. The price I paid was £898. 00
I bought these tickets in advance with the intention of upgrading to Platinum Annual passes when we arrive.
However I see on your UK booking site that park ticket actually cost £798 for our dates.
This is £100 less than I paid which I'm sure you agree is a huge overpayment.
Will guest services discount the actual sum I paid against Annual passes or will I only receive a discount of the current cost as shown on your website?
I'm concerned that the computer at guest services will not generate the true cost of my tickets so could you please add a note to my MDE account of the actual price I paid; or, cancel my original tickets and refund so I can either; repurchase them at current cost or just buy Annual passes outright on arrival at Walt Disney World.

Their reply:
Dear Mr. XXXXXX
The price that was confirmed on your booking, was accurate for the price of a 14 day Ultimate ticket at the time of booking. Pricing is subject to change, based on promotions or changes from Walt Disney World.

When you visit the Ticket services/ Guest Services at the theme park, to move over to Annual Passes; the representative there will see the actual amount paid for your tickets and apply that towards your annual pass pricing.

Kind regards,
Dale
Walt Disney Travel Company International

Hope this is useful for anyone else who got caught out with timing their ticket purchase

So the 14 day ticket was £375 and the upgrade £580.
Thanks for replying @Welsh_Dragon so you paid £955 - did that include tax and was your upgrade to platinum or platinum plus?
Sorry for all the questions :blush:
I'm thinking that, at todays mid market exchange rate we'd potentially get a discount of $578 (if guest services use the actual cost we paid £449)
This would mean Platinum+ cost $1,298 (including tax) less discount $578 = $720 to pay which equals approx. £559?
Hopefully there's a maths genius reading this who can verify or dis my calculations lol

Thanks for replying @Welsh_Dragon so you paid £955 - did that include tax and was your upgrade to platinum or platinum plus?
Sorry for all the questions :blush:
I'm thinking that, at todays mid market exchange rate we'd potentially get a discount of $578 (if guest services use the actual cost we paid £449)
This would mean Platinum+ cost $1,298 (including tax) less discount $578 = $720 to pay which equals approx. £559?
Hopefully there's a maths genius reading this who can verify or dis my calculations lol
Including tax. For the Platinum. The upgrade price ‘offer’ appeared on MDE shortly after my daughter checked in. GS at DS let her upgrade her ticket and mine, two days before our package began, which was great for her because she arrived on the Monday evening of Dorian so had the parks largely to herself for two days.

Including tax. For the Platinum. The upgrade price ‘offer’ appeared on MDE shortly after my daughter checked in. GS at DS let her upgrade her ticket and mine, two days before our package began, which was great for her because she arrived on the Monday evening of Dorian so had the parks largely to herself for two days.

Ahhh that's great :thanks: @Welsh_Dragon I imagine it was both fabulous and just a little bit scary for your Daughter to be in the World with fewer crowds :cheer2: :)

in my most recent calculation, it was cheaper to buy two ultimate tickets than to buy one annual pass...
so if you're planning on only going twice in one year, i would do the math before i automatically upgraded...
if you're going more than twice, then by all means go ahead and upgrade...

We came to the conclusion that upgrading one ticket to get the free parking and other discounts then the rest of us get 2 ultimate tickets was the best way to go. We are visiting twice only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!